Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Republican nominee for President

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #46
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 17,464
Re: Republican nominee for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
All more qualified and will win easily. Especially if the Republicans are dumb enough to force another shutdown.
All are more qualified than say Kasich - I don't think so. And I doubt any candidate, democrat or republican, wins easily.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2015, 09:52 PM   #47
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,740
Re: Republican nominee for President

Hillary is a strong candidate...Biden and Bernie not so much.

Rubio could beat Hillary.
__________________
The culture is damn good around here.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:02 PM   #48
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,625
Re: Republican nominee for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
against Hillary, c'mon man.

The Democrats haven't even put forward a real group of candidates yet. I'ld rather have a crowded race that includes a few clowns but be narrowed than a presumed front runner who could possibly tank in the general election.
Just a few clowns eh? Trump is the ring leader, kinda says it all.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:07 PM   #49
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 17,464
Re: Republican nominee for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Just a few clowns eh? Trump is the ring leader, kinda says it all.
There are a few clowns, but several solid politicians and non politicians alike.

As for Trump he's riding a similar wave of public dissatisfaction with the politicos that Perot did in the 90's. His shtick won't last, but he is bringing a lot of viewers that can (if they try) look past him and see actual discussions of policy.

Or people can focus on the clowns. Choose what you will.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:11 PM   #50
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,675
Re: Republican nominee for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
There are a few clowns, but several solid politicians and non politicians alike.

As for Trump he's riding a similar wave of public dissatisfaction with the politicos that Perot did in the 90's. His shtick won't last, but he is bringing a lot of viewers that can (if they try) look past him and see actual discussions of policy.

Or people can focus on the clowns. Choose what you will.
Whoomp......there it is!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:03 PM   #51
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,625
Re: Republican nominee for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
There are a few clowns, but several solid politicians and non politicians alike.

As for Trump he's riding a similar wave of public dissatisfaction with the politicos that Perot did in the 90's. His shtick won't last, but he is bringing a lot of viewers that can (if they try) look past him and see actual discussions of policy.

Or people can focus on the clowns. Choose what you will.
What policies exactly? I'm asking seriously. All I heard last night is repeal Obamacare, defund planned parenthood, build a wall, and the typical outright lies.

FactChecking the CNN Republican Debate
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:27 PM   #52
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 17,464
Re: Republican nominee for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
What policies exactly? I'm asking seriously. All I heard last night is repeal Obamacare, defund planned parenthood, build a wall, and the typical outright lies.

FactChecking the CNN Republican Debate
You get 11/12 people on a stage and the announcer asking things like "how did you feel when x said blah blah about you", and you get alot of bunk, but underlying that (and alot of people just listen to the top ground blabber because that's our society now) was some discussions of republican basics.

Liberals, who aren't going to vote for any republican anyway, may not like it - but things like not paying for Planned Parenthood, or changing/repealing Obamacare is part of the broad conservative message.

This debate wasn't intended for people who think Hillary should be president, they won't vote for any of these candidates. It was for Republicans (and Trump) to weigh in, and express where they stand regarding a wall, or the affordable care act, and defense. From that perspective the debate let those people see how each carried themselves.

Some, likely Kasich and Rubio and Fiorina, will increase their support. Some, like Rand and Walker and Huckabee, probably will lose support. The field will whittle, and debates will become more focused.

Still would rather see that, than 1 person, who probably was the role model for House of Cards, and a few minor politicos. Hopefully the democrats will actually hold some debates, and if they did, and they opened their field to their full spectrum of ideas, then you would have some serious clownage there too. But that's not how they've chosen to go forward so far.

We are 5 months from even having a single vote cast for anyone, pretty sure by the time the election comes most the clowns will be gone a decent Republican field will be running in their primaries. Right now the Democratic primaries seem like the joke. Hopefully they will put up decent candidates.

for me, i'm tired of the hacks both parties have been fielding, and I think the large pool the republicans are fielding is refreshing even if some have no shot in this world to make a serious run. From Gore/ Bush/ HClinton/ Obama & Romney - it's been a sad state of political affairs.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:41 PM   #53
That Guy
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 17,210
Re: Republican nominee for President

trump got in a vaccines cause autism line, and the two doctors sat there without calling him on it.

clown shoes.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:41 PM   #54
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,675
Re: Republican nominee for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You get 11/12 people on a stage and the announcer asking things like "how did you feel when x said blah blah about you", and you get alot of bunk, but underlying that (and alot of people just listen to the top ground blabber because that's our society now) was some discussions of republican basics.

Liberals, who aren't going to vote for any republican anyway, may not like it - but things like not paying for Planned Parenthood, or changing/repealing Obamacare is part of the broad conservative message.

This debate wasn't intended for people who think Hillary should be president, they won't vote for any of these candidates. It was for Republicans (and Trump) to weigh in, and express where they stand regarding a wall, or the affordable care act, and defense. From that perspective the debate let those people see how each carried themselves.

Some, likely Kasich and Rubio and Fiorina, will increase their support. Some, like Rand and Walker and Huckabee, probably will lose support. The field will whittle, and debates will become more focused.

Still would rather see that, than 1 person, who probably was the role model for House of Cards, and a few minor politicos. Hopefully the democrats will actually hold some debates, and if they did, and they opened their field to their full spectrum of ideas, then you would have some serious clownage there too. But that's not how they've chosen to go forward so far.

We are 5 months from even having a single vote cast for anyone, pretty sure by the time the election comes most the clowns will be gone a decent Republican field will be running in their primaries. Right now the Democratic primaries seem like the joke. Hopefully they will put up decent candidates.

for me, i'm tired of the hacks both parties have been fielding, and I think the large pool the republicans are fielding is refreshing even if some have no shot in this world to make a serious run. From Gore/ Bush/ HClinton/ Obama & Romney - it's been a sad state of political affairs.
It's an embarrassment....and I don't think this country can sustain another Obama
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:27 AM   #55
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,740
Re: Republican nominee for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
trump got in a vaccines cause autism line, and the two doctors sat there without calling him on it.

clown shoes.
Carson explained it correctly. If you wanted someone to jump in with an emotional response sounding like a clown, you were disappointed then.
__________________
The culture is damn good around here.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:08 AM   #56
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,625
Re: Republican nominee for President

I thought the worst offense was Fiorina's outright lies about the PP video. The mods should have called her BS on that.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #57
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,675
Re: Republican nominee for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I thought the worst offense was Fiorina's outright lies about the PP video. The mods should have called her BS on that.
.....what lies?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:19 AM   #58
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,625
Re: Republican nominee for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
.....what lies?
Carly Fiorina is wrong about the Planned Parenthood tapes. I know because I watched them. - Vox
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #59
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,675
Re: Republican nominee for President

Sharon Grigsby: Did Fiorina flat-out lie about abortion video? | Dallas Morning News

It will be interesting to see where this goes......
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:50 PM   #60
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,675
Re: Republican nominee for President

Fetal body parts used for research : Federal Jack

MAN...This shit is straight up ghastly..........


"To make matters doubly embarrassing for authorities, the trafficking was taking place inside abortion clinics run by Planned Parenthood, the US affiliate of New Zealand’s Family Planning organization."

"In the United States, trafficking in baby parts for profit is a criminal offense. But to get around the problem, universities and researchers pay a fee – not for the parts themselves but for the “cost of extraction”. Thus, there are different fees depending on the amount of work involved. And shipping and handling is extra."


"They were coming out alive. The doctor would either break the neck or take a pair of tongs and basically beat the fetus until it was dead.”
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.15808 seconds with 10 queries