Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the League Week 4

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2019, 11:57 AM   #31
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,581
Re: Around the League Week 4

I think I'm adopting the Bills as my east coast team to follow for the rest of the season. They usually play at 10, so if I feel like watching football all day, I can go Bills in the morning and Chargers in the afternoon.
__________________
Soon to be sdredwolvesfan2001 aka artist formerly known as sdskinsfan2001
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2019, 12:01 PM   #32
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,255
Re: Around the League Week 4

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/st...966913/video/1

Vontaze Burfict hit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ed-rest-season

Vontaze Burfict suspended for the season.


I was thinking 2 games just bc it does appear that the Colts player was attempting to get up so he wasnt giving himself up. But you cant lead with the helmet like that.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:06 PM   #33
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,370
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
It didn't for me, because the season is lost.



Chiefs/Lions was a hell of a game. Felt bad for Lions fans, but I'm glad the Chiefs are keeping up with the Pats.



Also, I'm enjoying too much in seeing how much the Vikings overpaid for Cousins.
This is me to a tee. My season is based on other teams. I want the Chiefs to go undefeated thoughout and be the first 19-0 team. Just the joy of watching Brady steam would be worth it. And of course the ongoing implosion of Cousins, even he will likely roll over us in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:11 PM   #34
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,370
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/st...966913/video/1



Vontaze Burfict hit.



https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ed-rest-season



Vontaze Burfict suspended for the season.





I was thinking 2 games just bc it does appear that the Colts player was attempting to get up so he wasnt giving himself up. But you cant lead with the helmet like that.
The player was barely up, all Burfict had to do was arm tackle him but instead he aimed his helmet right at the Colts player. Reckless hit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:30 PM   #35
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,717
Re: Around the League Week 4

That Burfict hit was as dirty as it gets. Appropriate punishment by the league for a player with a rap sheet as long as his.

I gotta wonder what Jon Gruden's excuse is gonna be for him.

Does he acknowledge the obvious and just come out and say "we took a chance on him because he's a talented player, we thought we could teach him how to play the right way."

Or does he actually pretend like Burfict is a quality player who earned the C for his work ethic and integrity.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:49 PM   #36
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,225
Around the League Week 4

Once again Dak cant get er done when the run game isnít there. He is so average. Can we stop the perennial Dallas Super Bowl talk now. Unless they can play us the Giants and the Dolphins all year.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:00 PM   #37
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,422
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Once again Dak cant get er done when the run game isnít there. He is so average. Can we stop the perennial Dallas Super Bowl talk now. Unless they can play us the Giants and the Dolphins all year.
Average? I completely disagree,that last pass before the hail mary was fucking beautiful,havenít seen a skin qb throw a pass that good since I donít know when.Would love to have Dak as a skin.
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:01 PM   #38
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,942
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Average? I completely disagree,that last pass before the hail mary was fucking beautiful,havenít seen a skin qb throw a pass that good since I donít know when.Would love to have Dak as a skin.
Go grab a dak jersey and get off the board then. Daks trash, period. Httr
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

BURN IT DOWN!
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:26 PM   #39
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,422
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Go grab a dak jersey and get off the board then. Daks trash, period. Httr
Yeah youíre right,15-5 against nfc east and 6-1 against the skins,yeah heís complete trash unlike the great skin qbís of the last 30 years he doesnít stack up,I donít know what I was thinking
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:32 PM   #40
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,255
Re: Around the League Week 4

Asked for the rationale behind Smith being deactivated on Sunday, Nagy offered simply: ďIím going to leave it as itís completely a personal matter ó and Iím just going to completely leave it at that.ĒPressed on whether Smithís absence could extend beyond Sundayís game, Nagy once again declined to answer, repeating that it was a ďpersonal matterĒ for the linebacker.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bears-t...065846127.html

Roquan Smith's name wasnt called a lot during our game against the Bears but i highly doubt his "deactivation for personal reasons" was bc of his play.

Bears are a highly combustible, leaking oil 3-1 team right now.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:44 PM   #41
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,886
Re: Around the League Week 4

Dak had faced Skins, Miami and Giants defense before last night...3 worst in the league.

Dak wilted a bit last night. he wasn't very good...actually as an offense it was a poor effort
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:51 PM   #42
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,255
Re: Around the League Week 4

Dak is okay. If his 1st read is open I think he can deliver a good ball. He can scramble and extend plays. He doesnt throw anyone open. He doesnt get to this 2nd or 3rd option as I think the Boys have him look 1st read then check down as the no. 2. Which is fine imo. Potentially SB contender if you have a run game and D.

He is a good game manager, which isnt a diss. Being around the 15th best QB in the NFL isnt anything to be ashamed of.

Cowboys have a new O Coord so you knew the league would adjust once enough film was out to game plan for it. Interesting to see how the new Coord adjusts to the adjustment.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:02 PM   #43
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,942
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Yeah youíre right,15-5 against nfc east and 6-1 against the skins,yeah heís complete trash unlike the great skin qbís of the last 30 years he doesnít stack up,I donít know what I was thinking
He's trash, end of story
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

BURN IT DOWN!
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:03 PM   #44
sandtrapjack
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,969
Re: Around the League Week 4

Last nights game was the first where the Dallas offense actually had to contend with real home fan noise in the Superdome. Communications was an issue.

Giants, Fins at home and at FedEx to a mostly Dallas crowd. Saints at home is a different atmosphere.

Game plan was lousy. Looked so much like Scott Linehan was back it was scary. Vanilla, predictable and lacked aggression. Lack of adjustments at halftime. Lack of execution. This is where I think the crowd noise contributed most.

But they are still near the top rung in the NFC even after a loss. They lost by 2 on the road to a QUALITY opponent. The defense did not surrender a touchdown. When you consider the turd that the Rams laid against the Bucs at home.

If you are who you say you are, you beat the bad teams handily, and compete against the best teams. So far that is what they have done. 4 weeks is a small sampling size though.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:11 PM   #45
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,942
Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Last nights game was the first where the Dallas offense actually had to contend with real home fan noise in the Superdome. Communications was an issue.

Giants, Fins at home and at FedEx to a mostly Dallas crowd. Saints at home is a different atmosphere.

Game plan was lousy. Looked so much like Scott Linehan was back it was scary. Vanilla, predictable and lacked aggression. Lack of adjustments at halftime. Lack of execution. This is where I think the crowd noise contributed most.

But they are still near the top rung in the NFC even after a loss. They lost by 2 on the road to a QUALITY opponent. The defense did not surrender a touchdown. When you consider the turd that the Rams laid against the Bucs at home.

If you are who you say you are, you beat the bad teams handily, and compete against the best teams. So far that is what they have done. 4 weeks is a small sampling size though.
They'll finish 9-7 I'm sure. Hope they lose 6 straight tho.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

BURN IT DOWN!
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.18147 seconds with 10 queries