Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Haskins Threat 2.0

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your opinion on Haskins heading into next season?
Promising, he looks like he could be a player 43 72.88%
Still on the fence 15 25.42%
He's a bust 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 04:35 PM   #76
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Gotta say, I am pleasantly surprised to find nobody in here overreacting about the Skins interviewing Burrow and Tua.
nobody should have a problem with it. I think Kyle Smith said they are gonna meet with 45 guys total.

He Gets Us

Advertisements
Old 02-27-2020, 08:12 AM   #77
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

“No, talking to Tua is you talk to Tua, which I’ve had an opportunity to do,” Rivera said. “Everything is an option. We’re not closing the door on anything. One of the things Kyle and I talked about is you have to go through this process. You don’t know. You don’t know what’s going to happen in front of you. You don’t know what’s going to happen with you, so we’re going to go through and. Tua is one of the guys we’re bringing in. Just so everybody knows. We’re bringing in (Joe) Burrow, we’re bringing in Tua, and we’ll see both of their workouts. That’s just the way it is. You just don’t know, so we’re going to prepare, we’re going to get ourselves ready, we’re going to, obviously, look at some of the other players. We’re going to look at Chase; we’re going to look at the corners, we’re going to look at everybody.”
Old 02-27-2020, 08:32 AM   #78
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
“No, talking to Tua is you talk to Tua, which I’ve had an opportunity to do,” Rivera said. “Everything is an option. We’re not closing the door on anything. One of the things Kyle and I talked about is you have to go through this process. You don’t know. You don’t know what’s going to happen in front of you. You don’t know what’s going to happen with you, so we’re going to go through and. Tua is one of the guys we’re bringing in. Just so everybody knows. We’re bringing in (Joe) Burrow, we’re bringing in Tua, and we’ll see both of their workouts. That’s just the way it is. You just don’t know, so we’re going to prepare, we’re going to get ourselves ready, we’re going to, obviously, look at some of the other players. We’re going to look at Chase; we’re going to look at the corners, we’re going to look at everybody.”
Great quote. What RR said is the meaning of the phrase "due diligence". I'm very happy to hear that the Redskins leadership is putting in the work to do a thorough job. My confidence in RR is growing.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:37 AM   #79
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
I like what I am hearing!

Maybe the Redskins have finally found some Adults to run the show instead of that juvenile Bruce Allen.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2020, 09:58 AM   #80
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Riveras statement, alongside talking with Tua and Burrow are brilliant moves by Ron Rivera. By doing that, he makes the teams below him in the draft (Det, Mia etc) to start thinking they need to move up to the 2 spot for Tua. If Detroit bites, they will trade additonal draft picks to move up to #2. They get Tua, Washington STILL gets their guy Chase Young and gets some valuable draft picks in the process. If no one bites, Skins still get Young. Rivera playing with house money. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. Well played.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #81
mredskins
MVP

i wouldn't cry if they drafted Tua
Old 02-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #82
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Riveras statement, alongside talking with Tua and Burrow are brilliant moves by Ron Rivera. By doing that, he makes the teams below him in the draft (Det, Mia etc) to start thinking they need to move up to the 2 spot for Tua. If Detroit bites, they will trade additonal draft picks to move up to #2. They get Tua, Washington STILL gets their guy Chase Young and gets some valuable draft picks in the process. If no one bites, Skins still get Young. Rivera playing with house money. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. Well played.
Yep I wouldn't be surprised if you even start seeing rumors of "The redskins are serious contenders for Tua" I just don't see Detroit letting Stafford go yet
Old 02-27-2020, 10:08 AM   #83
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
i wouldn't cry if they drafted Tua
I wouldn't either but I'd hope we can get a 2nd for Haskins then, and that is probably not happening
Old 02-27-2020, 10:35 AM   #84
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Yep I wouldn't be surprised if you even start seeing rumors of "The redskins are serious contenders for Tua" I just don't see Detroit letting Stafford go yet
I think Bruce had a rumor mill department designed to shade thoughts and decisions. I would be disappointed to see any rumors swirl around our team. And it doesn't seem like a RR thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #85
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think Bruce had a rumor mill department designed to shade thoughts and decisions. I would be disappointed to see any rumors swirl around our team. And it doesn't seem like a RR thing to do.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I think this is different then the Bruce rumor mill where he smeared redskin employees he didn't like; AKA: Scot M.

This type of rumoring with the draft is more part of the game and makes sense; he wants to see if he can get added value at 2.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:57 AM   #86
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
I wouldn't either but I'd hope we can get a 2nd for Haskins then, and that is probably not happening
They both be on rookie contracts I say let them battle it out a couple seasons; best man gets the job second best yields us a draft pick.

Its the most important position on the field the hardest to fill. IF Tua and Chase Young both became ALL PRO; Tau would bring the bigger impact to us.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:24 PM   #87
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Haskins, our #2, plus some players (like Kerrigan or Trent) or picks to the Bengals for the #1 pick to draft Burrow. Bengals draft Chase Young.

And if your objection to this idea is that the Bengals wouldn't want Haskins, then you need to ask yourself - why should we?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:27 PM   #88
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Haskins, our #2, plus some players (like Kerrigan or Trent) or picks to the Bengals for the #1 pick to draft Burrow. Bengals draft Chase Young.

And if your objection to this idea is that the Bengals wouldn't want Haskins, then you need to ask yourself - why should we?
I would like Burrow but I'm not sure he's hands down that much better than Tua right now
Old 02-27-2020, 12:36 PM   #89
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post

If we are getting rid of Haskins, any team would be skeptical (see Rosen last offseason).
R.I.P. #21
Old 02-27-2020, 12:42 PM   #90
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
I would like Burrow but I'm not sure he's hands down that much better than Tua right now
There is just more of a health concern with Tua. Even before the hip thing, he's always getting hurt. Both appear to be clear upgrades over Haskins. I would be fine taking Tua at 2 and either trading Haskins or going into 2020 and letting them compete. See who shines and there's your starter. If they both shine, then trade one of them in 2021 or 2022.

I'd also be fine taking Young or trading down if the offer is obscene.

We are in a very very good spot in my opinion.

- Trading up for Burrow - Great Decision
- Stay and Select Young - Great Decision
- Stay and select Tua - Great Decision
- Trade down to 3-6, accumulate picks and still get an elite talent - Great Decision

If Bruce were in charge, I would be worried he'd find a way to screw up any of these scenarios. But he's not. I completely trust the people we have in charge.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Closed Thread