View Poll Results: Overrated Redskins
LaVar Arrington 8 28.57%
Chris Samuels 13 46.43%
Other (explain) 8 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2004, 06:53 PM   #61
Redskins8588
Playmaker

It kinda does mean it to be the most important play if you are trying to win the most important game of your career.
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-21-2004, 07:00 PM   #62
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I picked LaVar for one simple reason. He would be an above average linebacker without his personallity. He wouldn't have near the recognition if it weren't for his antics. He's a good player, but it's a stretch to call him great. Let him play under Williams for a few years and I think he'll evolve into an amazing player.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:01 PM   #63
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Daseal you bring up a good point, which is that LaVar has played under so many different coaches and systems. He could shine if given some consistency
Old 05-21-2004, 09:11 PM   #64
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
Smoot overrrated!! Well it's nice been having you here but you're banned! LOL. J/K

I understand what you're saying about Smoot. But I think if given the opportunity to go up against the top receiver each week he's matured these last three years where he could more than hold his own

haha, I was starting to wonder if that comment got lost in the Brady shuffle and no one would notice. I hope Smoot does mature a lot this year, hes had two of the best mentors in the league, one of which is one of the best of all time. I think Smoots skils have never been the problem, just mentally making the smart choice instead of the high risk/big payoff choice. Hes still young and hopefully has a lot of upside still left in him.
Old 05-22-2004, 09:07 AM   #65
kingerock
Special Teams

Overrated Players

Donovan McNabb - his success is the product of great coaching. He always chokes in the big game. He is a playmaker, but only when nothing is on the line. They show replays of him doing great things when nothing is on the line. When he fails, it's the WRs fault, not his. It's the weather or fate or the fans or the staduim, never McNabb. This season we could say that with TO they can't blame the WRs anymore, but now that the defense is no longer star studded, they'll blame them, but never McNabb.

Overrated Coaches

Mike Martz - How in the heck, with all that talent, can they have not won another superbowl? Who in their right mind doesn't give Marshall Faulk the ball 20+ times EVERY GAME!?!?!? While McNabb is a product of great coaching, Martz is the product of great players. Horrible playcaller.

Phil Jackson - Look, all things considered, I could coach Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen to 6 championships. I could coach Kobe and Shaq to another half dozen too. He may well be a good coach, but we'll never know. Give him a team without the uber-athletes and then lets see what he can do.

Overrated Referees

Ed Hochuli - His arms are the size of my waist and he looks more like a LB than a ref. But you need to know the back story. He's a lawyer and a father of 5 along with being the president of the NFL Referees Association. What does that have to do with anything? It's all part of a smoke and mirrors intemidation plot. Who wants to challenge a union leading, lawyer that has five predeccesors AND is built like a tank? Smoke and mirrors... smoke and mirrors.

Overrated Boobie

Janet Jacksons left boobie - okay so we've all seen it and printed it and put a copy in our wallet in front of our insurance card but behind our wives picture... but if you look closely and examine thoroughly (which I do occasionally) it's a little droppy. Granted she's 38 (looking good for her age) but if you're gonna put it on international tv for the whole world to see, get to a doctor and firm those puppies up a little. I'm sure Michael could recommend a good one. Come to think of it, don't use Michaels surgeons. I would not call the surgeries he's had 'successful.'

Overrated Redskin

I'll probably be banned from these boards for saying this, but Sean Taylor has to be one of the most overrated, unproven players I've seen since Ryan Leaf. I really, really hope he does well, but from the talk you would think he's the messiah of all that is football. Let me see him play a few games in regular season, then we can talk. If he does pan out as people are saying and hoping, I'll be attending the 1st church of Taylorism myself, but for now, i'll stay penticostal.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:58 PM   #66
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingerock
Overrated Players

Donovan McNabb - his success is the product of great coaching. He always chokes in the big game. He is a playmaker, but only when nothing is on the line. They show replays of him doing great things when nothing is on the line. When he fails, it's the WRs fault, not his. It's the weather or fate or the fans or the staduim, never McNabb. This season we could say that with TO they can't blame the WRs anymore, but now that the defense is no longer star studded, they'll blame them, but never McNabb.

Overrated Coaches

Mike Martz - How in the heck, with all that talent, can they have not won another superbowl? Who in their right mind doesn't give Marshall Faulk the ball 20+ times EVERY GAME!?!?!? While McNabb is a product of great coaching, Martz is the product of great players. Horrible playcaller.

Phil Jackson - Look, all things considered, I could coach Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen to 6 championships. I could coach Kobe and Shaq to another half dozen too. He may well be a good coach, but we'll never know. Give him a team without the uber-athletes and then lets see what he can do.

Overrated Referees

Ed Hochuli - His arms are the size of my waist and he looks more like a LB than a ref. But you need to know the back story. He's a lawyer and a father of 5 along with being the president of the NFL Referees Association. What does that have to do with anything? It's all part of a smoke and mirrors intemidation plot. Who wants to challenge a union leading, lawyer that has five predeccesors AND is built like a tank? Smoke and mirrors... smoke and mirrors.

Overrated Boobie

Janet Jacksons left boobie - okay so we've all seen it and printed it and put a copy in our wallet in front of our insurance card but behind our wives picture... but if you look closely and examine thoroughly (which I do occasionally) it's a little droppy. Granted she's 38 (looking good for her age) but if you're gonna put it on international tv for the whole world to see, get to a doctor and firm those puppies up a little. I'm sure Michael could recommend a good one. Come to think of it, don't use Michaels surgeons. I would not call the surgeries he's had 'successful.'

Overrated Redskin

I'll probably be banned from these boards for saying this, but Sean Taylor has to be one of the most overrated, unproven players I've seen since Ryan Leaf. I really, really hope he does well, but from the talk you would think he's the messiah of all that is football. Let me see him play a few games in regular season, then we can talk. If he does pan out as people are saying and hoping, I'll be attending the 1st church of Taylorism myself, but for now, i'll stay penticostal.
Well you can't over rate Taylor, if he hasen't proven other wise, he certainly isn't over rated coming out of college.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:00 PM   #67
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

If you are going to say that Taylor is overrated then make the same argument for every player drafted. Of course no one that was drafted has had a chance to prove himself, but if youre going to base it on his college carreer then you have to agree that Taylor is a huge talent. Theres always a bunch of great players tha just end up in a system that doesnt fit them, but with our coaching staff im hoping thats not going to be the case for us.

I also have a hard time saying McNabb is overrated for youre reasons. I think he comes up with the big play, but is inconsistent the rest of the game. Converting 4th and 26 is a big play, and theres been plenty of times when he has scramled for a clutch first down. In general he doesnt get the ball in the endzone and does have great coaching. But hes proven himself to be a great player when the game is dependent on it.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:26 PM   #68
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Hey since somebody mentioned overrated coaches, how about Mike Shanahan of Denver? Did you know that he is winless in the playoffs since John Elway retired?

I would have said Mike Holmgren in Seattle, but he seems to be slowly, ... slowly, turning that ship around.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:29 AM   #69
exit0
Camp Scrub

Sean Taylor overrated??? and the poor guy hasn't even played in a down in a pro game yet... let's give him a chance before we call him overrated. Hard to disagree with all the experts out there that Taylor was easily one of the best players in this year's draft.

Unless you have seen him play in a bunch of his college games, I don't know how you can make this assessment at this time. I've seen plenty of highlight films and he sure looks like the real deal to me.
exit0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:46 AM   #70
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

I watched or was at everyone of his games. Have your doubts if you want but alteast in college he was the real deal. Whenever you have a defender that can outscore your offense in a game you know youve got somethign special.