Skins/Bills postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #31
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Skins/Bills postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Well, as we say every pre-season, it only matters what you're doing with 1sts on 1sts, and that part of the game went pretty damn well. Really found it hard to bitch about anything with RG3's performance.

I will say that I'm a much bigger fan of Helu at this point than Royster. Royster must be much better in protection because Helu has a clear advantage when it comes to burst and elusiveness. And how about Garcon looking like a true #1 wr? On the Redskins? holy shit...
As I said in the O-Line thread, Garcon took a step in the right direction towards validating the FO's strategy of emphasizing the WR position in free agency and, in demonstrating that the FO's evaluation of Garcon. I know it's just preseason but I liked what I saw. Also, just a note, Garcon seemed like a much more solidly built WR than I remembered.

Advertisements
Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #32
RedskinsInNYC
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
As I said in the O-Line thread, Garcon took a step in the right direction towards validating the FO's strategy of emphasizing the WR position in free agency and, in demonstrating that the FO's evaluation of Garcon. I know it's just preseason but I liked what I saw. Also, just a note, Garcon seemed like a much more solidly built WR than I remembered.
Maybe the bottom line is that, as the quality of your skill position players goes up, the burden shouldered by your offensive line goes down. We've upgraded our skill position players. By how much, we shall see, but they are definitely upgrades. So while we don't have a group of superstars out there on the OL, they may not necessarily need to be. More respect from defenses = fewer blitzes.
RedskinsInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #33
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
He seems to have bulked up a bit. For a second during his TD run, I thought he was one of our RBs.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #34
redskin37
Special Teams

Garcon is a stud.He will open thing up like no one has for years. Please stop the end zone flips.
redskin37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #35
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsInNYC View Post
Just heard on ESPN 980 that Chris Russell is reporting/speculating (sometimes it is difficult to tell) that, as it stands now, Cooley will likely be released but then re-signed for less money because he doesn't want to play anywhere else. FWIW.
Well that's interesting.

Some of you may recall that I told you last week, thanks to a last minute stay of execution, Cooley was going to be given until the first preseason game and then likely released.

This, though, is the first I'm hearing of him being re-signed for less money
Old 08-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #36
MTK
\m/

Griffin to Garcon is something we're going to hear a lot of this year. It's looking pretty obvious from camp and from last night that they are going to feature him, a lot.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #37
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Me and my office buddy were saying the exact same thing!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #38
RedskinsInNYC
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well that's interesting.

Some of you may recall that I told you last week, thanks to a last minute stay of execution, Cooley was going to be given until the first preseason game and then likely released.

Not clear what the timing of the release/re-sign would be from the report/speculation. But thought I would pass along. I assume this will be the subject of a tweet or two today from Russell/others.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #39
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Banks got a lot of targets because it's preseason and they're trying to determine his worth, if any, to the team. Expect Robinson and/or Austin to get the same next week
Old 08-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #40
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinsInNYC View Post
Not clear what the timing of the release/re-sign would be from the report/speculation. But thought I would pass along. I assume this will be the subject of a tweet or two today from Russell/others.
I'll see what I can find out too
Old 08-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #41
MTK
\m/

Initial Thoughts: Robert Griffin's preseason debut - Washington Times
Old 08-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #42
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
It's only preseason and starters did not finish the first quarter.

Nonetheless I was pleased with our defense. I thought that this year would involve a series of track meets where the offense would be under pressure to make up for points given up by the secondary. That obviously proved not to be the case.
That, for me is an excellent thing. When was the last time the starting group went out, executed effectively, and then took the night off. In my memory, we always were trying to get them to "find a rhythm" or just make one play, for the longest time. It's nice to see what looked like a professional first unit come out, get it right, and be done. The contrast of that to when Rex and crew came out was night and day. Cousins group looked like a preseason game.

And again, if the NFL isn't inking the new agreement with the Officials unions today they ought to be hacked in the press every day until they do. The film clip of the fake refs placing the ball at the 20yd line, and then the replay of the player downing it at the 4 yd line, ought to be a highlight from ESPN,CBS, NBC and Fox Sports until the deal is done.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #43
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well that's interesting.

After how Paul played, I wonder if they're reconsidering cutting him at all (regardless of if he would resign).
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #44
RedskinsInNYC
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
After how Paul played, I wonder if they're reconsidering cutting him at all (regardless of if he would resign).
Paul is too interesting a talent/physical specimen to cut after one bad game (his first at TE). Have to stick with him for at least two more preseason games. He's also a much cheaper option.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #45
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
That, for me is an excellent thing. When was the last time the starting group went out, executed effectively, and then took the night off. In my memory, we always were trying to get them to "find a rhythm" or just make one play, for the longest time. It's nice to see what looked like a professional first unit come out, get it right, and be done. The contrast of that to when Rex and crew came out was night and day. Cousins group looked like a preseason game.

And again, if the NFL isn't inking the new agreement with the Officials unions today they ought to be hacked in the press every day until they do. The film clip of the fake refs placing the ball at the 20yd line, and then the replay of the player downing it at the 4 yd line, ought to be a highlight from ESPN,CBS, NBC and Fox Sports until the deal is done.
I think the worst was towards the end of the first half, when the Redskins' were penalized for delay of game with 5 seconds left and they were out of timeouts. Chan Gailey had to remind the officials that NFL rules require 10 seconds to be run off the clock.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote