Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cut Predictions

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #46
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: Cut Predictions

Yeah we have Chris Wilson whos been playing great and Rob Jackson whos the best backup on the team and Markus White who flashes some great speed...tough because we can't keep all 3..only 2

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #47
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think you'll see a couple of big names cut tomorrow. Give those vets a chance to catch on elsewhere
Hopefully there is a cornerback out there we can bring in.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #48
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Here or around the NFL? Because if it's here... Uh ohs!
Here (and around the NFL).

Cooley's benefitting from injuries to other players

I'm not sure Markus White makes the roster. A surprise cut tomorrow could be Willie Smith
Old 08-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #49
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Here (and around the NFL).

Cooley's benefitting from injuries to other players

I'm not sure Markus White makes the roster. A surprise cut tomorrow could be Willie Smith
White is eligle for the PS? I like White's potential, someone will claim him if cut.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #50
Defensewins
Playmaker

I like Cooley. Don't get me wrong if there was no such thing as a salary cap i would not want to get rid of Cooley at this time.
But $5M for Cooley? That is a tough decision. If a decent CB or OT or Safety became available, but we could not go after them because of lack of cap space, it would be tough to reserve $5m on a back up TE, when we have other pressing needs. Especially with the way Paulsen and Paul are playing. Just saying....
Defensewins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #51
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I like Cooley. Don't get me wrong if there was no such thing as a salary cap i would not want to get rid of Cooley at this time.
But $5M for Cooley? That is a tough decision. If a decent CB or OT or Safety became available, but we could not go after them because of lack of cap space, it would be tough to reserve $5m on a back up TE, when we have other pressing needs. Especially with the way Paulsen and Paul are playing. Just saying....
We don't free up 5MM by cutting Cooley. We'd only save about 1MM becuse we'd take a 4MM cap hit. So our decision is not if cooley is worth 5MM, but 1MM and if the available cb or ot or safety who wed sign for 1MM was better for the team. Just sayin...
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #52
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Pretty sure you've got the $1 million and $4 million backwards
Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #53
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Pretty sure you've got the $1 million and $4 million backwards
Not according to the numbers on this site. 4MM release fee
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #54
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

That's a bit outdated it seems

Pondering Cooley's future - Washington Times
Old 08-27-2012, 03:14 AM   #55
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Jammal Brown anyone? Don't be surprised if the Redskins part ways with him. That hip of his will never get better. Mike Shanahan has to realize that by now.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #56
44 goes 50 gut

Well I was clearly wrong about Cooley. Doesn't make much sense, in the overall scheme of things this looks like short sighted wishful thinking at best.

Shanahan's excuse about wanting to give him a chance to be a starter somewhere else... how to put it...

Smoke up ass?

That might have flown for the heyseeds in Denver but not here. Skins fans have to be savvy enough to know that cutting a guy after week three of preseason, is not giving him a chance to latch on as a starter elsewhere. Yeah he might get on as a backup somewhere. But the only worse time to cut a player you supposedly "care about" would be um... well no it would be anytime now to next week.

Personel wise, they took possibly the only deep roster position where its not uncommon to keep 4 players, and make it one of the teams weak spots. And the wishful thinking; Paul has looked borderline in routes, bad in blocking and very undersized. Davis did nothing this preseason to make me believe he's improved his poor blocking. And if he can't learn how to go up and get jump balls, he's not going to become the elite TE that his athletic ability would seem to suggest he should be. Forget about being one toke from a season long suspension. They basically have two TE's and an experiment on the roster. only one of them can block worth a Damn.

This and the Cundiff move are both kinda head scratchers. And appear to be a little regression since the seeming improvements after the bad Mcnabb and Brown trades. If you wanted to free up the money you make the move months ago.... if you want him to have a chance to start elsewhere you do it months ago.
44 goes 50 gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #57
RGIII

If Detroit is looking for a RB, Skins got 'em...
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #58
CapitalDefense

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 goes 50 gut View Post
Well I was clearly wrong about Cooley. Doesn't make much sense, in the overall scheme of things this looks like short sighted wishful thinking at best.

Shanahan's excuse about wanting to give him a chance to be a starter somewhere else... how to put it...

Smoke up ass?

That might have flown for the heyseeds in Denver but not here. Skins fans have to be savvy enough to know that cutting a guy after week three of preseason, is not giving him a chance to latch on as a starter elsewhere. Yeah he might get on as a backup somewhere. But the only worse time to cut a player you supposedly "care about" would be um... well no it would be anytime now to next week.

Personel wise, they took possibly the only deep roster position where its not uncommon to keep 4 players, and make it one of the teams weak spots. And the wishful thinking; Paul has looked borderline in routes, bad in blocking and very undersized. Davis did nothing this preseason to make me believe he's improved his poor blocking. And if he can't learn how to go up and get jump balls, he's not going to become the elite TE that his athletic ability would seem to suggest he should be. Forget about being one toke from a season long suspension. They basically have two TE's and an experiment on the roster. only one of them can block worth a Damn.

This and the Cundiff move are both kinda head scratchers. And appear to be a little regression since the seeming improvements after the bad Mcnabb and Brown trades. If you wanted to free up the money you make the move months ago.... if you want him to have a chance to start elsewhere you do it months ago.
Its tough to cut a fan favorite, there was never going to be a good time to cut Cooley. Period. Most people cant see that because they are a fan, but this is a business and Cooley was never going to be a part of this rebuilding process. When RG3 is ready in a couple of years to take this team to the next level, Cooley was not part of the plan. The same could be said for Santana Moss....if we could find a younger slot guy??? Who knows???
CapitalDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #59
RGIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalDefense View Post
Its tough to cut a fan favorite, there was never going to be a good time to cut Cooley. Period. Most people cant see that because they are a fan, but this is a business and Cooley was never going to be a part of this rebuilding process. When RG3 is ready in a couple of years to take this team to the next level, Cooley was not part of the plan. The same could be said for Santana Moss....if we could find a younger slot guy??? Who knows???
Your first sentence says it all.
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote