Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-15-2020, 07:17 PM   #76
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So by that notion the Brooklyn Ni”*ers would be acceptable as long as it was around 100 years ago? Because it is just a sports team name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well 90% of the race that the team name you so eloquently displayed would be describing would not be ok or honored by it, unlike the Redskins.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-15-2020, 07:18 PM   #77
Meks
Pro Bowl

So in short, no
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 07-15-2020, 07:21 PM   #78
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Well 90% of the race that the team name you so eloquently displayed would be describing would not be ok or honored by it, unlike the Redskins.

There is absolutely zero evidence that a majority of Native Americans is for or against it. That being said we unequivocally know that there are those that are against it. How many Native Americans have you actually asked?

“As ye sow, so shall ye reap”
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:24 PM   #79
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
So by that notion the Brooklyn Ni”*ers would be acceptable as long as it was around 100 years ago? Because it is just a sports team name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Punch go back to your break...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:26 PM   #80
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Punch go back to your break...

How about you just think about and answer the question and stop acting oblivious just so you can wear your jersey. Lol
Old 07-15-2020, 07:31 PM   #81
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
There is absolutely zero evidence that a majority of Native Americans is for or against it. That being said we unequivocally know that there are those that are against it. How many Native Americans have you actually asked?

I'm gonna defer to Mark Moseley on this one.

I'm sure he's got some bias on the issue too but if he's done as much outreach as the article implies and met so many Native Americans who aren't offended by the name, that's good enough for me.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:37 PM   #82
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm gonna defer to Mark Moseley on this one.

I'm sure he's got some bias on the issue too but if he's done as much outreach as the article implies and met so many Native Americans who aren't offended by the name, that's good enough for me.

He says hundreds and hundreds which is obviously debatable. Same tribe? Different tribes? Was it actually 7 of them at a bar and he was buying them drinks? Lol. Who knows? I have seen and heard from plenty who do have a problem though. We all have. We just say they have a secret agenda when they speak up.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:02 PM   #83
rocnrik
Playmaker

Is there any possibility that native Americans Political affiliations determines whether the name is a issue ..point is it’s all political driven crap . And do not forget that the black community has supported the redskins in huge numbers for many many years . So a huge minority group supported a rascist team ?? Give me a damn break .. it’s the silly ass “woke culture” that has issues with everything ! I have several very good black friends who think the name change is absurd ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:26 PM   #84
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
He says hundreds and hundreds which is obviously debatable. Same tribe? Different tribes? Was it actually 7 of them at a bar and he was buying them drinks? Lol. Who knows? I have seen and heard from plenty who do have a problem though. We all have. We just say they have a secret agenda when they speak up.
Yes, I totally believe you've met more Native Americans than Mark Moseley has in 40 years of representing the Redskins.

Punch I'm trying to tread carefully here because I really don't have a problem with you, but it's clear there's nothing that's going to sway your opinion on the subject, and there's nothing that's going to sway mine. It's clear you're never going to be convinced that Native Americans aren't united on the subject of the Redskins name, and you sure as hell aren't gonna convince me that the majority of Native Americans hated the name.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:02 PM   #85
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Quote:
Yes, I totally believe you've met more Native Americans than Mark Moseley has in 40 years of representing the Redskins.

Punch I'm trying to tread carefully here because I really don't have a problem with you, but it's clear there's nothing that's going to sway your opinion on the subject, and there's nothing that's going to sway mine. It's clear you're never going to be convinced that Native Americans aren't united on the subject of the Redskins name, and you sure as hell aren't gonna convince me that the majority of Native Americans hated the name.

LOL. Who said i met more Native Americans than Moseley. I meant seen and heard through the media, online etc... like we all have. Dont tread lightly on my account speak your mind. Im not the only one who feels this way on the board. Few others.
Also, I never said one way or another about a majority of them. I actually said there is zero proof either way. So im certainly not trying to convince you or anyone that a majority feels one way or the other. If ten percent of em are offended that’s enough for me though.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:05 PM   #86
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:

And why does a majority have to hate the name? I don’t think that there is a question that some, likely many Native Americans feel that the name is racist and hurtful to them. And that should be enough. Additionally, is there any doubt that the word Redskins was a pejorative when speaking about native Americans at some point in our history?
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:46 PM   #87
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
And why does a majority have to hate the name? I don’t think that there is a question that some, likely many Native Americans feel that the name is racist and hurtful to them. And that should be enough. Additionally, is there any doubt that the word Redskins was a pejorative when speaking about native Americans at some point in our history?
Because why are the offended more important than the Native Americans that take pride in the name? The ones who are happy to be represented on the national stage? Some people are going to be offended at everything and anything, I mean there is at least one person out there in the world that is offended by the name Texas Rangers. You're heading down a dangerous road when you declare the most vocal people in an argument the winner.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:23 PM   #88
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Because why are the offended more important than the Native Americans that take pride in the name? The ones who are happy to be represented on the national stage? Some people are going to be offended at everything and anything, I mean there is at least one person out there in the world that is offended by the name Texas Rangers. You're heading down a dangerous road when you declare the most vocal people in an argument the winner.
This.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 12:46 AM   #89
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:

The amount of lobbing about 10 pebbles into the Mississippi, on my own... Just cuz I know them... But there was that poll that wa conducted that's where the 90% in 2019 came from. To each their own in regards to what that poll shows.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 07-16-2020, 01:18 AM   #90
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Punch wants his woke points. If that involves shitting on anyone here or himself up to 2 weeks ago, so be it.

You know I love you Punch, but you're being a holier than thou right now.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote