Around the NFL: NFL Offseason

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-19-2021, 01:15 PM   #76
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Around the NFL: NFL Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Amazing how all of you fell for it. One guy puts a hot take out there and immediately 5 of you are talking about what a dumb take it is, ESPN played you all for suckers. How exactly do you quantify if Philly has a better team than DC at this exact point in time? It's a question that can only be answered with opinions.
Here's how you quantify it.

2020: WFT 2, PHI 0

Head Coach: WFT > PHI
QB: WFT > PHI
RBs: WFT > PHI
WRs: WFT > PHI

TE: WFT < PHI
O-line: WFT > PHI
D-line: WFT > PHI
LBs: WFT > PHI
Secondary: WFT > PHI

Salary Cap: WFT > PHI
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-19-2021, 01:57 PM   #77
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Marvin Jones is pretty much saying he's out of Detroit. Assuming they do go ahead and tag Golladay, is he a viable option if we can't get a better FA like Robinson? 31yo but still capable...
Wants to get paid and play for a contender to quote him from PFT, I don't think RR will pay a 31 yr old WR top dollar and we don't have the QB he will want
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:31 PM   #78
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

You're putting too much effort into this. Exactly one month from today, both teams could look very different.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:54 PM   #79
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
You're putting too much effort into this. Exactly one month from today, both teams could look very different.
I don’t think putting that comparison together took much effort. It’s pretty obvious and when the teams look different in a month, we will look a lot better than they do.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:32 PM   #80
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
I don’t think putting that comparison together took much effort. It’s pretty obvious and when the teams look different in a month, we will look a lot better than they do.

Yeah ... Iggles are fucked next year. Year after that? Their cap will look brighter.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 05:21 PM   #81
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2021, 08:47 PM   #82
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

I wonder how much farther up we could go losing $14M with Alex Smith ... of course, those teams ahead of us could also make similar moves ... I still love where we are though. Maybe we can distract DS around draft time, with something ... hmmm .. . oh, I dunno - cheerleader tryouts?
Old 02-21-2021, 08:49 PM   #83
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
Anything can happen in any given season, but IMO it is a bit ridiculous to overlook all the issues the Iggles have. The Iggles have no cap room, have aging players, no true WR, a terrible o-line, a young QB with much to prove, and a new coaching staff that have no allegiances to said QB (sounds familiar?)
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 09:13 PM   #84
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Anything can happen in any given season, but IMO it is a bit ridiculous to overlook all the issues the Iggles have. The Iggles have no cap room, have aging players, no true WR, a terrible o-line, a young QB with much to prove, and a new coaching staff that have no allegiances to said QB (sounds familiar?)

The new coaching staff to me, is the potential time bomb. Could it be great? Sure ... but even if they are great, all the other issues you point out will "hide" the coaching staff greatness. And anything short of great will only magnify all those other problems.

As a Louisville Cardinal season ticket holder for the past 22 years, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Iggles new DC ... Jon Gannon. He was a solid safety for the Cardinals waaaay back in the day, and then an injury sidelined him pretty much for good. He started his coaching career pretty much then. I was surprised to see him get this DC spot, given his relative inexperience. I have my doubts that he is ready for this step up. But we will see.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:30 PM   #85
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

That doesn't jive with overthecap.com's effective cap space which has the top 10 effective cap as:
1: Jaguars 82M
2: Jets 68M
3: Patriots 62.2M
4: Colts 43.6M
5: Broncos 42.3M
6: WFT 38.3M
7: Bengals 37M
8: Panthers 29.7M
9: Dolphins 22.8M
10: Chargers 21.8M

Not sure what they are including in their projections?
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:42 PM   #86
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Have any franchise tags been placed yet? or extensions of players expected to be tagged? seems like a very quiet first week of tags.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:03 PM   #87
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
That doesn't jive with overthecap.com's effective cap space which has the top 10 effective cap as:
1: Jaguars 82M
2: Jets 68M
3: Patriots 62.2M
4: Colts 43.6M
5: Broncos 42.3M
6: WFT 38.3M
7: Bengals 37M
8: Panthers 29.7M
9: Dolphins 22.8M
10: Chargers 21.8M

Not sure what they are including in their projections?
It didn't agree with sportrac's own webpage when I looked when this was first posted so either it is very old or not real

[Edit] it still doesn't, they currently have us in seventh, maybe CBS are just idiots
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:27 AM   #88
Scalper

Quote:
It's not, but good luck finding an elite qb that isn't becoming increasingly invested in off-the-field matters because that seems to be the new norm. The days of a qb signing a contract and expecting to not be able to influence football ops are gone.

This is one of those good problems to have, because you have an elite talent at qb who obviously doesn't want his prime years being wasted. Yes, he's selfish and probably thinking about long term goals like titles/HOF, but if he was easily replaceable he wouldn't dare think about speaking up like that.

Also yes I expect him to be reprimanded by Carroll for shitting on his offensive line in public like that.
Yeah, but there's a right and wrong way to go about it. Brees, Rodgers, Brady, others, come to work and quietly handle their business. Owners are not letting QBs play manager.

Carroll never has and never will reprimand Wilson, that is what destroyed the culture there in first place, LOL. They just let the QBs pout, and then ignore them and get back to work after offseason.

Wilson has sever deficiencies, he is too short to stand in the pocket and be a traditional pocket passer, especially short stuff over middle. He is a very good QB, but he is not Aaron Rodgers or Joe Montana.

It started in Seattle trading Pro-Bowl C for a TE, downhill from there. Wilson is right to whine about absence of better protection, but Seattle whiffed on many OL picks.
Scalper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:30 AM   #89
Scalper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

Not sure how you get us better at QB, since we don't have one, LOL. I would disagree with some of those weightings. On the other hand, Philly has contended and won a SB in recent memory, we haven't. Paper tiger?
Scalper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:07 PM   #90
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalper View Post
Not sure how you get us better at QB, since we don't have one, LOL. I would disagree with some of those weightings. On the other hand, Philly has contended and won a SB in recent memory, we haven't. Paper tiger?
They haven't contended and won a SB with the team they currently have, not even close. There's less than 10 starters still on that team who were on that SB roster.

QB is a tossup. Small sample size, but Jalen Hurts hasn't impressed. Sure he can run, but even you have said that's not sustainable at that position in the NFL. At this point, Kyle Allen is probably better than Jalen. Heinicke may be as well, but again - small sample size.

You can disagree. I just pulled the rankings from various sites that do that sort of thing. Feel free to look it up.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote