Cards postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-22-2020, 08:57 AM   #136
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Cards postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The first area of conflict comes when Ron benches the owners hand picked qb and then wants to move on from him. We all know that day is coming at some point this season.
Time after time, RR has made decisions that no other coach has made before. If it comes down to RR having to bench Haskins, he'll do it in a heartbeat.

That being said, I don't see the need/benefit to move on from him. RR has time and he's made it very clear from the get go that change won't happen overnight. Hell, he's been saying that he doesn't see the offense coming together at all this offseason, which made sense having a whole bunch of nobodies and no offseason.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #137
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

After watching the A22 a few things really stood out.

1. Wr's lack of separation, AZ was all over our guys.
2. Haskins mechanics are BRUTAL, it's as bad as it gets for a 2nd yr QB. He actually looks confused on his reads.
3. The OL is bad but they gave Dwayne a few very good reps and time to throw, he just missed his targets.
4. CB's were both solid, the Safties were trash. Collins INT was just a horrible throw by K1.
5. AZ had an excellent gameplan on offense , quick game killed us and the pass rush.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:24 AM   #138
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
There you go :

And the year before :

Lol thanks! I actually think u could throw next weeks lineup with schreff out and it could contend with both

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:27 AM   #139
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

He's out 3-5 weeks.. Dude is always hurt.. Peace out man
Old 09-22-2020, 09:37 AM   #140
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol thanks! I actually think u could throw next weeks lineup with schreff out and it could contend with both
Oh absolutely ! Even with Scherff, considering how bad he played the first 2 games, I'd say the 2020 OL 100% deserves to be on this podium of shame !
Old 09-22-2020, 10:02 AM   #141
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Well, that makes our decision on Scherff easier I think. Let him go, can't stay on the field.

Draft all O-LINE and DBs this next draft. Those are the two glaring weaknesses with this team.

I don't think we'll be in the Trevor Lawrence running though.

I don't see the Giants winning a single game this season. The Panthers and Jets will be down there too.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:03 AM   #142
HTTR
Special Teams

It is a good thing for us — fans, RR and most of all DS — to resist the urge to go after the flashy new QB savior. Been there, done that.

The whole WFT enterprise is going through a much needed overhaul, and part of what I hope emerges is a coaching culture that steadily moves toward a common goal and develops players to fit into that plan. This will take a couple of years to see what shape that is taking, especially on our dumpster-fire offense.

Haskins is still the poster child of Redskins dysfunction — a guy the owner wanted but the coaches didn’t, a guy thrown into new offensive systems every few months, a young guy with limited college and pro starts trying to lead a group of older guys who are barely NFL caliber.

It may be that DH doesn’t develop along the lines that RR and ST have in mind. But I trust them to know this in due course and make the right call come draft time.

We have to stop once and for all the pattern of throwing people into a poorly run organization and then scapegoating them after a season or two for not turning things around.

I have to say I’m enjoying being a fan of this team in full overhaul mode much more than being a fan of Bruce Allen’s “we’re almost there, but having a good time watching naked cheerleader videos” mode. DS can still screw things up, but I’m hoping he understands how close he’s come to having his balls chopped off.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:12 AM   #143
MTK
\m/

Yeah Ron is clearly looking long term, he's just not going to have a quick hook with Dwayne.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:23 AM   #144
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Fast-reading through the thread I didn't see much about the not calling time-outs in the final minutes of a 2 possessions game thing...

Winning the game was a long shot, but 15 points with 2+min of football and 3 time-outs left is not that crazy. We had scored on our 3 last drives, Haskins was playing better... and most importantly if you're trying to build a new culture, then you try to win, you don't tap out...

Or if you are then take your starters out.

I really didn't like that.

Nor did I the play call on 3rd and goal at AZ's 6, leading up to the FG. It's 4th down territory, try to get 3/4 yards and go for a TD on a 4th and 2 !
Old 09-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #145
rocnrik
Playmaker

Kyle Allen will be playing in next few games .. unless DH can fix his issue with inaccuracies...I’m not asking him to win on his own but you can’t be a starter in this league and continue to miss when the play is there ... just make the easy throws my friend !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #146
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Schreff to IR (3 game) and Cam Sims active roster. Cam should get more run at WR

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:20 AM   #147
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Fast-reading through the thread I didn't see much about the not calling time-outs in the final minutes of a 2 possessions game thing...
I heard Al Galdi (radio) say that RR wanted to avoid injury in a meaningless game. Galdi was not too happy saying that is directly counter to the message last week of never give up.
Old 09-22-2020, 11:24 AM   #148
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I heard Al Galdi (radio) say that RR wanted to avoid injury in a meaningless game. Galdi was not too happy saying that is directly counter to the message last week of never give up.
I heard that was his explanation... but then take your starters out on the final defensive drive and take a knee on the last play... and I'd still not like it cause winning culture and tapping out doesn't fit IMO.

Not gonna go crazy about it but I really didn't like the feeling of it.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2020, 11:27 AM   #149
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The game was already over, I agree that it seems like throwing the towel but u gotta keep guys healthy
Old 09-22-2020, 11:36 AM   #150
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The game was already over, I agree that it seems like throwing the towel but u gotta keep guys healthy
Especially with the slew of injuries that happened on Sunday.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote