Cards postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2020, 01:30 PM   #106
MTK
\m/

Re: Cards postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
Josh Rosen looked far better in his first 9 games behind at least as bad of an offensive line and the Cards canned his ass (while the skins fans wanted to bring him in) . . . Haskins has looked worse (in these last two games) than any QB i ever remember . . . ever!
You must not have watched a lot of football lol

He looked worse in his first two starts last year. A lot worse.

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2020, 01:40 PM   #107
SunnySide
Playmaker

Right guard Brandon Scherff will miss a few weeks with a knee injury, Washington head coach Ron Rivera told local media on Monday, but the prognosis is a lot better than originally thought.

"We got some good news on him. It's positive," Rivera said. "He's going to miss a couple of weeks, but it was all positive. We'll go from there."

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/s...weeks/2424121/
Old 09-21-2020, 01:45 PM   #108
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

CB's - I actually like how they've played. They're competing and Fuller hasn't played yet. I'd re-sign/extend Fabian. I'd add a guy here in the top 3 rounds.
S - Bottom 5 tandem in the NFL. We're stuck with Collins at SS. We need to add a stud at FS by any means possible. Including up to a 1st or 2nd round pick if needed.
LB's - KPL looked nice yesterday. We still need another stud here. KPL, Holcomb, Bostic, new addition can work.
DL - Can't be much better here.

WR's - We have a superstar and solid slot guy. Need a bonafide # 2. Need to bring someone in via draft or FA.
TE's - This unit needs a massive overhaul. Thomas is a # 2 type TE. Need 2 guys here.
OL - Absolute fucking trash. I don't respect them as men. Scherff went out and we played better. He can walk. Moses has been our best guy and he's been mediocre. I'd probably keep him. And I like Charles. I'd replace LG, C, RG if possible. The money saved on BS and a draft pick or 2 should make this possible.
RB's - I like Gibson and McKissic. Think we need another guy here that can handle multiple carries.
QB - Man this one kills me. I say you have to keep starting Haskins until at least midseason. But I'm done making excuses for him. He needs to improve drastically with the basics.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:48 PM   #109
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL/s...543431169?s=20

^^ positive play by the O line on Gibsons 11 yard TD run. Wes martin comes over from RG to seal the lane, Moses locks up the LB nicely, Gibson with a strong finish and nose for the TD for his first TD of his career.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:12 PM   #110
Back2RFK
Special Teams

If I remember correctly wasn't a knock on Cousins that he held the ball too long and played too safe. It was thought to be because Gruden preached ball protection to the point it affected his performance. Maybe Haskins has the same issue of trying to protect the ball too much. It seems when there is traffic around the WR he tends to throw it too high. When the WR has someone tight on him the ball is to low and away from the WR. Just a guess.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:40 PM   #111
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

We are who we thought we were .... a team in rebuild with a quarterback that may or may not be the future. My eyes tell me he is not, but that will be crystal clear by years end either way. Besides quarterback we need a lot of help along the o line and in our secondary. MLB is still lacking too imo. Another wr and a te. Yeah we still have several glaring holes and a tough ass schedule. We are staring down the barrel of a 3-6 win season. One more draft and free agency period should be enough to sure up enough of those holes to be competitive. Haskins is the elephant in the room right now......
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:16 PM   #112
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
CB's - I actually like how they've played. They're competing and Fuller hasn't played yet. I'd re-sign/extend Fabian. I'd add a guy here in the top 3 rounds.
S - Bottom 5 tandem in the NFL. We're stuck with Collins at SS. We need to add a stud at FS by any means possible. Including up to a 1st or 2nd round pick if needed.
LB's - KPL looked nice yesterday. We still need another stud here. KPL, Holcomb, Bostic, new addition can work.
DL - Can't be much better here.

WR's - We have a superstar and solid slot guy. Need a bonafide # 2. Need to bring someone in via draft or FA.
TE's - This unit needs a massive overhaul. Thomas is a # 2 type TE. Need 2 guys here.
OL - Absolute fucking trash. I don't respect them as men. Scherff went out and we played better. He can walk. Moses has been our best guy and he's been mediocre. I'd probably keep him. And I like Charles. I'd replace LG, C, RG if possible. The money saved on BS and a draft pick or 2 should make this possible.
RB's - I like Gibson and McKissic. Think we need another guy here that can handle multiple carries.
QB - Man this one kills me. I say you have to keep starting Haskins until at least midseason. But I'm done making excuses for him. He needs to improve drastically with the basics.
A little harsh..lol. They may be bad at blocking but could be good guys off the field.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:18 PM   #113
skinsfan69
Living Legend

How can you not have a te better than a former college Qb? That sums up the status of the position right there.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:29 PM   #114
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
A little harsh..lol. They may be bad at blocking but could be good guys off the field.
Probably. And they could all kick my ass lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:38 PM   #115
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Dwayne Haskins completed 58% of his passes today. His expected completion percentage was 67%. That -9 differential ranks 2nd-worst in the NFL in Week 2 so far. He finished last in that category in Week 1.

For the season is -10.6% differential ranks 34th out of 34 QB's.

Grant Paulsen
Old 09-21-2020, 03:41 PM   #116
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

This team is not quite as good as they looked in quarters 2-4 last week, and they aren't quite as bad as they looked in quarters 1-3 yesterday. I think they are somewhere in the middle. One thing is for sure, they have to stop spotting the opponent 17-20 points.

It's been two games against two pretty good defenses. Turner has to look at these two games and figure out what works, and what doesn't...what DH is good at, and what he isn't.

I do expect a more complete game next week, with a faster (more competent) start from the offense. Gibson/McKissic averaged over 5 yards a carry combined. I look for them to pound the ball early and often against Cleveland.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:17 PM   #117
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
You must not have watched a lot of football lol

He looked worse in his first two starts last year. A lot worse.
lol . . . Rosen has looked quite a bit better . . just too confident and tries to make throws he shouldn't . . . but when he had time he hit his wide open receivers, unlike haskins . . . Haskinis is like Tim Robbins in Bull Durham . . . In that movie kevin costner tells tim robbins to him him with a fastball from 10 feet away knowing he wouldn't come close . . . neither would haskins! I've never seem anyone as inaccurate as haskins has been!
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:23 PM   #118
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Dwayne Haskins completed 58% of his passes today. His expected completion percentage was 67%. That -9 differential ranks 2nd-worst in the NFL in Week 2 so far. He finished last in that category in Week 1.

For the season is -10.6% differential ranks 34th out of 34 QB's.

Grant Paulsen

Don’t need numbers to confirm his accuracy or lack there of.... like i said in the gameday thread he couldn’t pin the tail on the donkey without a blindfold on. Im not sure how that is fixable but ill pray for a miracle at this point....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:28 PM   #119
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Don’t need numbers to confirm his accuracy or lack there of.... like i said in the gameday thread he couldn’t pin the tail on the donkey without a blindfold on. Im not sure how that is fixable but ill pray for a miracle at this point....
Yeah he's just not accurate man, no sugar coating it
Old 09-21-2020, 04:31 PM   #120
SunnySide
Playmaker

"He gets so fired up, he sees it so quickly, he speeds up and doesn’t go through his normal plant and drive into it," Rivera said of Haskins' miss. "He’s so quick, he’s got his weight back a little bit and he just lets it go as opposed to ‘Hey, I’m there, I'm tall and I can drive step.’ He sees it, ‘it’s there, I got it,’ and bam - he’s a little bit high."

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...and-how-fix-it

Haskins has to plat and throw from a good base.

I am not accepting excuses for this. He is in his 2nd year of the NFL. I am sure he has been told a million ways to Sunday to set and throw. Instead he just trust his arm, mechanics be damned, like it some backyard football game.

Week 2 -- Ron Rivera has identified the problem and already spoken publicly about it. Im sure in film room, haskins is going to hear about it.

Week 9 or 10 and if Haskins is still being sloppy and lazy .... I dont think Ron will be taking much more of this shit.

Its frustrating, it should be an easy fix but it seems to be a really bad deeply ingrained habit ... and it may cost Haskins a career in this league if he cant take coaching and adopt it ... on something so basic.