RAMS Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-12-2020, 09:24 AM   #46
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: RAMS Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If this season becomes the Alex Smith send off story, count me out. Not watching that garbage
Per Keim, Allen is still #1 QB... For now.
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2020, 09:31 AM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Kyle Allen moves better than I expected but he's another check down king... I want Lawrence or Fields ASAP (Wilson from BYU is legit too)
Old 10-12-2020, 09:40 AM   #48
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
You say grab a veteran QB in the offseason, what is wrong with using Alex Smith for 1 or 2 more seasons? He would be 38 years old during the 2022 season, unless perhaps Alex Smith might not re-sign here, and he goes elsewhere? Or do you just mean a cheaper veteran option that Smith would likely be?

Aaron Rodgers may be available next year.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:44 AM   #49
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

There is no vets that are ever any good.. Rivers lost the game for the Colts yesterday.. We need to draft a QB and start him day 1.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:47 AM   #50
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Kyle Allen moves better than I expected but he's another check down king... I want Lawrence or Fields ASAP (Wilson from BYU is legit too)
That works for me, I have Gibson on my FFL teams.
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:54 AM   #51
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Aaron Rodgers may be available next year.
I doubt the Packers would move on from him next year. He is still playing as good as anyone in the league and gives them a chance at the SB. I'd say 2022 is the year he becomes available.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:07 AM   #52
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I doubt the Packers would move on from him next year. He is still playing as good as anyone in the league and gives them a chance at the SB. I'd say 2022 is the year he becomes available.

Aaron will be the one moving on from the Packers, not the team. He's pissed they drafted Jordan Love instead of giving him weapons to help him win.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:12 AM   #53
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Aaron will be the one moving on from the Packers, not the team. He's pissed they drafted Jordan Love.
Ok for arguments sake let's just say they do. He ain't coming here. Rodgers is a real smart guy. He's going to go somewhere where there's stability and an immediate chance to win. He'd go right over to the 49ers and there is no way we could compete with them. He's from there and they are a better run operation than we are.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:20 AM   #54
Monkeydad
Living Legend

I know, I wasn't serious about him coming here.

One QB I'm not sold on in this draft talk is Fields. OSU quarterbacks never succeed in the NFL and we just tried that. Why take that same risk right after blowing it with a Buckeye QB?

Haskins outthrew Fields by 1,600 yards and 9 TDs in a season. Fields is more mobile, but nothing spectacular, averages 50 yards a game rushing.

Same goes with USC quarterbacks...for some reason, these schools just cannot produce successful NFL QBs.

If we don't get Trevor Lawrence, I'd rather go Left Tackle in the first and then take Trey Lance in the second round if he lasts than another Buckeye QB. The line still needs addressed, Trevor will get murdered behind the current O-Line. Lance likely won't be there in Round 2 though, so if he's Ron's guy, take him in the first.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:58 AM   #55
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ron Rivera said that the team's mindset after four losses is "disappointment." He mentioned the strengths and winning records of every team they've lost to but went on to say, "we need to play better and the players know that."

Using the excuse of tough teams lol
Old 10-12-2020, 11:18 AM   #56
SunnySide
Playmaker

Positives:

KPL Kevin Pierre Louis - is an above average coverage LB, something we havent had in a while

Fuller - he seems to be a legit starting corner in this league. Hes not a shutdown CB1 but hes a game CB2.

Moreland - nose/instinct for the ball and a willingness to engage physically. Reminds me of a poor mans Smoot.

Allen - didnt notice watching the game but he had 8 tackles, 5 solo

Ronald fucking Darby - playing above his 1 yr/4M signing. Dont necessarily feel comfortable signing him to a big deal and making him a permanent CB2 but hes been game and has earned his contract so far. Next year if we can add a CB1, Id really like that CB1 plus Fuller, Moreland, Darby.

Injuries -- none

Collins/Apke - at least we know who they are. Of course Collins is overpaid but I think we are married to him for 2021 as well. Best bet is to hope his play improves, hes not this bad (but hes not a top 20 safety either).

Sweat - could very well be our teams MVP so far. Having 2 athletic long frame players setting the edge is a foundation of a successful team. Yes, teams can quick pitch around the pressure but Young/Sweat = problems for years to come.

Special teams - not a lot of return opportunities in todays NFL but I dont think weve given up a special teams TD yet. Coverage has been good.

Next years FA class is loaded - talk in Baltimore is that they might not be able to sign allpro LT Ronnie Stanley, packers LT Bakhtiari .... a bunch of top end WRs as well. This team has been spending under the cap for (I assume) when they feel close, with this DL unit I think we need to go all in for 2021 to 2023. Spend dat money.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:23 AM   #57
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Everyone talks about this amazing talent on the DL but man they sure do vanish often...
I thought they did real well against the run. With the exception of that long run by Akers (which should have been maybe a 6-7 yard gain, but Bostic missed the tackle - smh), they held the running game down. Hell, Sweat made that tackle 40-some yards down the field...Take that run out of it and it's 34 carries for 83 yards.

It's just too easy to game plan against this D, unless an offense is forced to be a drop-back passing team. The WFT offense isn't good enough to get a big lead, so that will probably never happen with any real consistency. The only time we saw that was week 1, and that was just bad decision making by the Eagles coaches and QB.

I still believe the front 4 are elite, but behind them is the problem. Teams can just resort to quick passes, receivers out of the backfield, etc... marching down the field with 6-7 yard passes all day, then occasionally burn the back end (safeties) with a deep pass. Cole Holcomb in my opinion has been a bigger loss than expected so far. His speed at that level of the D is what is needed more than anything right now.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:13 PM   #58
SunnySide
Playmaker

I imagine the coaching staff is considering switching up the OL a bit. While Wes martin's name is getting said a lot .. I wouldnt mind just riding him out for a bit or at least putting him back in later on if hes pulled this week. Id like to have a good idea of who he is by seasons end and 5 games doesnt do it for me. I want at least 10 plus games of Martin so next year I have no hesitation upgrading the LG spot (if he continues to fail). Hes a question mark entering this year, I dont want him to be a question mark entering next year.

Brandon Scherff has now been out for almost 3 weeks on a 3-5 week prognosis.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:04 PM   #59
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I hate thinking about the draft now too, but silver lining is this: we KNEW it wouldn't be an overnight fix (and yes, some teams turn around the next season, but remember we are BAD). We have a TON of draft picks, plus whatever we get from Haskins and a butt ton of cap space. My biggest concern is how our defense is performing, but an upgrade at safety and LB in the offseason would fix a lot. I really wanted to say "the future is looking bright", but at least we have some pieces. Chase Young is a stud, Gibson is coming on. Better...than...last year, talent-wise? Maybe?
Old 10-12-2020, 01:38 PM   #60
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Ron Rivera said that the team's mindset after four losses is "disappointment." He mentioned the strengths and winning records of every team they've lost to but went on to say, "we need to play better and the players know that."

Using the excuse of tough teams lol
I'm not sold on Ron as a head coach.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote