RAMS Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-12-2020, 07:31 AM   #31
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: RAMS Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If Ron gonna bench Haskins for play, Collins should be bench starting today.
We have more problems on this D than just Collins. They were getting gashed from all angles today in the first half when most of the damage was done.

And the stat line on offense doesn't exactly match up with what we saw on the field. It was pouring rain in the second half, to the point completed passes were rare. The Rams had two completed passes on their lone TD drive in the second half. Also their d-line was ragdolling our o-line the entire second half, Smith never had much time to throw.

It wasn't ideal conditions for a qb coming off a 2 year hiatus to come back to. Hence why I'm not gonna throw Smith under the bus. Still if he does come back in, I think it would take him some time to get comfortable enough to be aggressive again. And unless he regains his form this year, my guess is he'll be gone next year when we can handle the cap hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN gamecast
2nd half drives:
Rams punt
WAS punt
Rams field goal
WAS punt
Rams punt
WAS punt
Rams downs
WAS downs
Rams punt
WAS punt
Rams touchdown
WAS punt
Rams punt
WAS punt
End of game
The announcers mentioned Jack Del Rio's gameplan was to force Goff into drop-back passes where our d-line could get pressure, but O'Connell/McVay obviously gameplanned better to avoid that. Easy to get the ball out quick when the coverage isn't tight. I also saw several plays where we got gashed because our defenders stuck to zone coverage and let guys run free when they should've switched to man during the play.

TL;DR: We're still a long ways away from being an elite D.

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2020, 07:41 AM   #32
calia
Playmaker

Didn’t see the game but it sounds like Smith’s opening drive before the half (and pouring rain) went fairly well.

This team is so soul crushing. I know we are rebuilding. Since 1991. So many other teams turn around and compete - really compete - on a faster time table than we ever seem to be able to do. Here we are at week 5 talking about the draft. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2020, 07:48 AM   #33
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If this season becomes the Alex Smith send off story, count me out. Not watching that garbage

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 08:22 AM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
If this season becomes the Alex Smith send off story, count me out. Not watching that garbage
Get ready because it is.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:25 AM   #35
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
As bad a signing as the Haynesworth one, at least Collins attitude is not shitty.
I think Collins should be a LBer , his play at the line is great and he is a good tackler .I said it when he was a Giant .
Old 10-12-2020, 08:29 AM   #36
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

For the first time in franchise history, Washington has allowed 30 or more points in 4 straight games! LMFAO
Old 10-12-2020, 08:32 AM   #37
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
For the first time in franchise history, Washington has allowed 30 or more points in 4 straight games! LMFAO
.........yeah , well that will stop next week.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:38 AM   #38
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
.........yeah , well that will stop next week.
I bet you guys win. We are in full tank mode and I hope they finish 1-15
Old 10-12-2020, 08:39 AM   #39
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Old 10-12-2020, 08:57 AM   #40
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

What I have been saying. Idc about stats numbers yards etc - we are letting teams score at an alarming rate. Young has really not looked effective lately. Our mlb’s and secondary are among the worst in the league and we knew that coming in - but with five first rounders up front we should be a little better. JDR what are ya up to man? We should not be worse than last year on either side of the ball and the eye test says we are. Thoroughly concerning.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 08:59 AM   #41
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

As bad as our quarterbacks are I cant even blame them. Our line is just atrocious. We literally have two players and even though Gibson is a rb we have absolutely no run game. I dont think any quarterback in the league could win with this bunch of losers.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:01 AM   #42
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

But you were buying extra popcorn for Allen or Crapkins? At least there is a feel good aspect to Smith...
Old 10-12-2020, 09:03 AM   #43
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
What I have been saying. Idc about stats numbers yards etc - we are letting teams score at an alarming rate. Young has really not looked effective lately. Our mlb’s and secondary are among the worst in the league and we knew that coming in - but with five first rounders up front we should be a little better. JDR what are ya up to man? We should not be worse than last year on either side of the ball and the eye test says we are. Thoroughly concerning.
Everyone talks about this amazing talent on the DL but man they sure do vanish often...
Old 10-12-2020, 09:12 AM   #44
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I think Collins should be a LBer , his play at the line is great and he is a good tackler .I said it when he was a Giant .
Collins is not a good tackler at all. There really isn't anything he does well. He can't cover, he's stiff and he's slow. Yes if you line him up in the hole and he doesn't have to be an athlete then yeah he can hit and make a tackle. But if a back has space to make a move he can't do it. I've seen enough of this guy to know he isn't a good football player.

You know who a good safety is? Tyrann Mathieu. He was there to sign and our front office instead decided to sign this bum.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:14 AM   #45
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Everyone talks about this amazing talent on the DL but man they sure do vanish often...
The only guy that showed up yesterday was Sweat. Meanwhile Aaron Donald wrecked our offense and walked Martin back to the QB all day long. Allen and Payne are not in Donald's class. Not even close. They're just guys, not play makers. Matt I is our best interior linemen.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote