Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2020, 11:05 PM   #151
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Posts: 13,764
Re: Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Darby got burnt bad by Cooper twice but why they kept leaving him on an island, I dunno. But overall he played well. Moreau seems better as a #3 or 4 CB or a backup safety than a #1 or 2. He gets beat bad in coverage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whats weird is that in both cases he was in position, panicked and no longer was in good position. The TD he slowed down drastically to turn his head for some reason and then it was over.
__________________
https://open.spotify.com/artist/2DfaB5lr7hZsqiI4W15Lge

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2020, 02:11 AM   #152
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 2,383
Re: Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I don't know about that. McCarthy has made questionable calls all season, Jerry will fire his fat ass. I really think he wants Eberflus.

That fake punt was swinging gate bad.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:14 AM   #153
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 2,383
Re: Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Well shit he might be,In the first quarter Aikman was talking about check down Charlie Alex Smith throwing everything short, in the third-quarter he had 79 yards passing! That is ridiculous for a NFL starting quarterback

41 points (really 34). He can check down all day if we get that kind of production.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:01 AM   #154
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,557
Re: Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
41 points (really 34). He can check down all day if we get that kind of production.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well duh,Smith barely had anything to do with this win,149 yards passing?🤦🏻*♂️ This was the off line opening gaping holes in the run game,turnovers by Dallas and terrible coaching decisions by MM,and great hustle by McLarin to stop a pick 6.Everyone’s giving Smith a pass because we won,he’s a good guy and it’s a great comeback story,I like him too but his performance was worse than mediocre
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:19 AM   #155
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,670
Re: Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Well duh,Smith barely had anything to do with this win,149 yards passing?* This was the off line opening gaping holes in the run game,turnovers by Dallas and terrible coaching decisions by MM,and great hustle by McLarin to stop a pick 6.Everyone’s giving Smith a pass because we won,he’s a good guy and it’s a great comeback story,I like him too but his performance was worse than mediocre
I think we are 9-3 with AS starting. He may not be the best qb ever but he understands the game and does alot of things right.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:51 PM   #156
skinsfan0201
Special Teams
 
skinsfan0201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 220
Re: Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think we are 9-3 with AS starting. He may not be the best qb ever but he understands the game and does alot of things right.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I agree, however the mark of the good and great players is that they make those around them better. Alex Smith, check.
skinsfan0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:57 PM   #157
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,269
Re: Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Well duh,Smith barely had anything to do with this win,149 yards passing?🤦🏻*♂️ This was the off line opening gaping holes in the run game,turnovers by Dallas and terrible coaching decisions by MM,and great hustle by McLarin to stop a pick 6.Everyone’s giving Smith a pass because we won,he’s a good guy and it’s a great comeback story,I like him too but his performance was worse than mediocre
I disagree. Just because he only had 149 yards passing doesn't mean he "barely had anything to do with this win." He's the leader of that offense, he's the one reading the defense, changing in and out of plays, getting the ball to the playmakers. He's never been a guy to throw for 300+ yards a game. He will, on occasion, but I think his career average is probably under 250 yds/game.

Smith had a big part in this win. He doesn't need a pass.

Beyond that, it was a true team win. They played complementary football for maybe the third time all year. But it's the third time in four weeks, which is very encouraging.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 02:33 PM   #158
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,557
Re: Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I disagree. Just because he only had 149 yards passing doesn't mean he "barely had anything to do with this win." He's the leader of that offense, he's the one reading the defense, changing in and out of plays, getting the ball to the playmakers. He's never been a guy to throw for 300+ yards a game. He will, on occasion, but I think his career average is probably under 250 yds/game.

Smith had a big part in this win. He doesn't need a pass.

Beyond that, it was a true team win. They played complementary football for maybe the third time all year. But it's the third time in four weeks, which is very encouraging.
You make some good points,but we’ve been calling him out for years for his check downs and Aikman was pointing it out in the first quarter that he had receivers open downfield.Am I being too hard on him,maybe
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:02 PM   #159
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,269
Re: Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

F Aikman, he was more biased Thursday than I remember him being in the past. There's open receivers that don't get the ball in every football game, every week.

If they can score 34 points with "check downs", and a good running game, and win the time of possession, I'm on board with that all day, every day.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:12 PM   #160
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,695
Re: Eff The Cowboys Thanksgiving Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
F Aikman, he was more biased Thursday than I remember him being in the past. There's open receivers that don't get the ball in every football game, every week.

If they can score 34 points with "check downs", and a good running game, and win the time of possession, I'm on board with that all day, every day.
He was terrible, more than once did the call a player by the wrong name, like 3 times.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.12963 seconds with 12 queries