Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The McNabb trade: 10 years later

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-20-2020, 07:14 PM   #31
Warthog
The Starter

The McNabb trade: 10 years later

Part of the draft failure for the Redskins over the last 20 years is that we’ve had TERRIBLE GM’s in that time. Neither Cerrato nor Allen had much football sense, nor did they have ANY NFL personnel expertise. Any players they drafted and that’s succeeded were due to blind luck. I remember some drafts where fourth, fifth and below draft picks never even made it through TC.

Cerrato & Allen were there to hold Snyder’s hand and to allow Dan to stick his grubby little fingers into the football operation, of which HE ALSO has very limited NFL knowledge.

I was a little surprised that Kyle Smith was able to rise up, regarding his advice in choosing draft picks, because Allen’s usual tactic was to crush anyone who appeared smarter than him or had any success regarding football decisions for the team. I guess Allen finally figured out that he needed to start making some correct draft and FA decisions, since it wasn’t just good enough to “win off the field”.

I hope that Rivera promotes Kyle Smith to GM because he does an outstanding ability to find gems in the bottom of the draft and undrafted free agents (UDFA). I’m excited to see who he picks up this draft, since we have some real holes to fill after we draft Chase Young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-14-2020, 02:56 PM   #32
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: The McNabb trade: 10 years later

I made my first trip to a training camp to see McNabb. I bought into the hype too after rooting against him so hard for years.

What a disaster. He and Haynesworth were the two worst decisions our team ever made.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #33
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Wilson instead of Rg3/Kirk.

Notice the trend? Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I always regretted letting Trent Green go. He played great with Kansas City after us.

Chase Daniel would have been handy to keep too. Then we would not have had to roll with the likes of John Beck, Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson when we needed a backup to step in.

I don't regret the Rex Grossman years, they were entertaining.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:09 PM   #34
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I was at McNabb's last game starting before he got benched. Shitty game against the Bucs in the pouring rain, McNabb ties the game in the last 2 min only for the extra point (which actually would've tied the game 17-17) bounce off the upright LOL. He was benched the next week, which IIRC was like 2 weeks after signing that contract extension with us.

Just a total shitshow, which unfortunately sums up most of the last 10 years.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:08 AM   #35
CO68
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I remember reading an article that talked about how Shanahan wanted Marc Bulger but Snyder wanted McNabb because he thought he could sell more McNabb jerseys than Bulger jerseys. If it was any team but the Skins that would seem ridiculous but for the Skins its totally believable.
LMAO, Bulger was absolute garbage. 5-30 in his last 3 seasons and threw more INTs than TDS. We probably would have gone 0-16 with Bulger. I’d be scared that Snyder could pick a better QB without trying than Shanahan could WITH trying...

Last edited by CO68; 07-16-2020 at 12:40 PM.
CO68 is offline   Reply With Quote