Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

DJ Swearinger's post game remarks

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-25-2018, 12:06 AM   #16
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: DJ Swearinger's post game remarks

I’ve no problem with him speaking. That’s coming from a place of frustration and chances are if he’s complaining, there’s others who feel the same way. Someone needs make sure players are held accountable and if the coach won’t do it then let the defensive captain can do it. Swearinger typically does a damn good job game in and game out so he has a right to be irritated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2018, 12:29 AM   #17
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
He can let the player ride the pine on game days, playing time needs to be earned through hard work mentally and physically. It seems a lot of professional athletes lack discipline and focus, a good coach won't tolerate a lack of either.
Gruden took Norman out of the N.O. game because his head was somewhere else.

So what does Gruden do when he benches him and they start moving the ball on his replacement at 15 yards a pop?

Just saying.

Professional sports are different than anything else.

I love the idea, but if that were to happen he would be fired right after the game.

Could Gruden survive the situation Bill B. did in the super bowl? Philly started picking on the Pats replacement immediately.

Coaching grown men who make more than the coach and have more job security than the coach is a different animal. I'm just saying it isn't as simple as some make it out to be.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:58 AM   #18
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post

So what does Gruden do when he benches him and they start moving the ball on his replacement at 15 yards a pop?

Just saying.

I love the idea, but if that were to happen he would be fired right after the game.

Could Gruden survive the situation Bill B. did in the super bowl? Philly started picking on the Pats replacement immediately.

Coaching grown men who make more than the coach and have more job security than the coach is a different animal. I'm just saying it isn't as simple as some make it out to be.

Norman can indeed be replaced....I say continue to play the less experienced player and keep Norman on the sideline....Norman was heavily criticized after the Saints game and rightfully so. Before the Redskins signed him the Panthers GM saw holes in his game and decided not to give Norman the contract he was seeking in Carolina.....Norman has played excellent for the most part since he's been in Washington.....but he is undeserving of that 5 year 75 million dollar contract.....he'll be 31 by the start of next season and it's time for the Redskins to start scouting his replacement.....CB.Byron Murphy from the Washington Huskies comes to mind....
Old 11-25-2018, 08:38 AM   #19
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Norman can indeed be replaced....I say continue to play the less experienced player and keep Norman on the sideline....Norman was heavily criticized after the Saints game and rightfully so. Before the Redskins signed him the Panthers GM saw holes in his game and decided not to give Norman the contract he was seeking in Carolina.....Norman has played excellent for the most part since he's been in Washington.....but he is undeserving of that 5 year 75 million dollar contract.....he'll be 31 by the start of next season and it's time for the Redskins to start scouting his replacement.....CB.Byron Murphy from the Washington Huskies comes to mind....
That's great take on a forum.

When the eagles and others start picking on Stroman, and it is as obvious as the Malcolm Butler situation.

Are you going to say proving the point was worth the Ls?

Norman is the best CB on the team and it isn't even close.

You're right, he hasn't lived up to the contract but that is frankly irrelevant when you look at who is on the roster going into the remaining games.

The tough guy coach crap is awesome as long as the coach has enough security to pull it off. The question is does Jay?

I don't think he does, but I do think he gets the players to buy in for the most part.

Norman, the highest paid player on the team is in a category by himself on the team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2018, 09:16 AM   #20
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Just saying.

Coaches at all levels have drifted further and further from the discipline of days gone by. I played in High School and College in the 70's, what was done to us would have gotten most every coach fired or even jailed today. In High School we had a line coach who played for Bear Bryant at Alabama, if you were caught not paying attention he would blast into you like he was run blocking, if you were lucky you saw it coming. Moral to that story is that is what you will get if you are caught not paying attention on the field.

I used to think a face mask was more to give a coach something to grab while he yelled at you, more than protecting your nose and teeth from being broken. The day after a game was film review of our performances. If the team as a whole played well, that is all it was, if it didn't, laps and wind sprints were added at the end. Often an individual would be called out and a few extra laps or 40's would be added in his honor.

Everybody is different, some guys give 100% no matter what, others won't and need to be pushed and prodded constantly. I am not saying to discipline an NFL player like a High Schooler from 45 years ago, but they will respond to getting playing time taken away. Problem is only someone with Bill Belichick's resume can get away with benching a star player for disciplinary reasons.
Most other NFL coaches lack the stones to do it, if they all did they all would have more control.

I don't buy that you can't discipline grown men who are millionaires in the NFL. They seem to do it in the NBA, there are plenty of very talented players that get in the coach's dog house, lose minutes and or get shipped out.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:33 PM   #21
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Coaches at all levels have drifted further and further from the discipline of days gone by. I played in High School and College in the 70's, what was done to us would have gotten most every coach fired or even jailed today. In High School we had a line coach who played for Bear Bryant at Alabama, if you were caught not paying attention he would blast into you like he was run blocking, if you were lucky you saw it coming. Moral to that story is that is what you will get if you are caught not paying attention on the field.

I used to think a face mask was more to give a coach something to grab while he yelled at you, more than protecting your nose and teeth from being broken. The day after a game was film review of our performances. If the team as a whole played well, that is all it was, if it didn't, laps and wind sprints were added at the end. Often an individual would be called out and a few extra laps or 40's would be added in his honor.

Everybody is different, some guys give 100% no matter what, others won't and need to be pushed and prodded constantly. I am not saying to discipline an NFL player like a High Schooler from 45 years ago, but they will respond to getting playing time taken away. Problem is only someone with Bill Belichick's resume can get away with benching a star player for disciplinary reasons.
Most other NFL coaches lack the stones to do it, if they all did they all would have more control.

I don't buy that you can't discipline grown men who are millionaires in the NFL. They seem to do it in the NBA, there are plenty of very talented players that get in the coach's dog house, lose minutes and or get shipped out.
Stars don't get disciplined at all in any league or at the very least the same as marginal players.

The NBA is probably worst example. There is always drama in the NBA.

In the NBA good players intentionally limit their minutes and take planned games off.

The difference is guaranteed contracts.

Guys without will toe the line, while guys with are in a different category.

Im not saying I know what to do, I'm just saying it isn't as black and white as some on here make it out to be.

Old 11-25-2018, 12:44 PM   #22
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Exactly. We have one of the most experienced secondaries in the league on paper.

DJ, HHCD, JN. If you throw Mason and Zach in there, nobody should be confused at this point.

The busted coverages from mental mistakes is stupid and lazy.

Seriously, what is an assistant coach supposed to say to those guys?

"Study harder!"

Unprofessional and unacceptable.

I do hope Norman's ballet show goes well though.

Fuck Josh Norman. Overpaid bitch who had the nerve to blame us for booing him/them? He gets toasted on a weekly basis. I hope they boo the piss out of him specifically on Monday when he gets turned around like a top again.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:48 PM   #23
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Fuck Josh Norman. Overpaid bitch who had the nerve to blame us for booing him/them? He gets toasted on a weekly basis. I hope they boo the piss out of him specifically on Monday when he gets turned around like a top again.
I don't disagree with the sentiment.

Gruden is in a no win position with him.

Bench him out of principle and get torched worse than we are now.

Or keep rolling the way he is stringing him along paying lip service to accountability.

Money changes certain players. It did Norman.

Old 11-25-2018, 12:49 PM   #24
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
He was on Fox NFL show this morning.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:52 PM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sam ponder for the fuckin win. Good gracious...I’d pop those pants right off her.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:57 PM   #26
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
He was on Fox NFL show this morning.

Hope he did a better job than he does on the field.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:25 PM   #27
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Hope he did a better job than he does on the field.
He wants to be a tv star more than a football player right now.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:28 PM   #28
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
He wants to be a tv star more than a football player right now.

That's the feeling I get. In the old days if you were 6-5 and coming of 2 straight loses and the player is running around promoting himself, Joe Gibbs would probably cut his ass.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:28 PM   #29
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Josh Norman last week at the start of the game laid down for Cooper.
skinsfan69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:31 PM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
That's the feeling I get. In the old days if you were 6-5 and coming of 2 straight loses and the player is running around having fun, Joe Gibbs would probably cut his ass.
I'm not the biggest fan of Norman but it is his day off. He's free to do whatever he wants.
skinsfan69 is online now   Reply With Quote