Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Bucs Postgame

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who gets your game ball for the Skins 16-3 win over the Bucs?
J. Norman 5 23.81%
P. Smith 0 0%
R. Anderson 4 19.05%
G. Stroman 2 9.52%
A. Peterson 1 4.76%
T. Way 7 33.33%
other 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2018, 09:18 PM   #46
mooby
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,681
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Why isnít it sustainable? A good defense goes a long way.
If the Bucs don't miss a couple field goals or convert once inside the red zone, we could be looking at a different game today.

Last week we saw what happens when an offense completes drives, the results aren't close.

Have we made progress as a D? Abso-fuckin-lutely. Is there still a long way to go? Abso-fucking-lutely. The run d was not that impressive today, the pass d was even worse. The depth has to get better to the point where a guy like Danny Johnson gets cut out of training camp, instead of actually making the roster let alone playing on game days.

Our offense has clearly regressed, and who knows how much worse it'd be if AP hadn't signed. Could you imagine Perine or Bibbs being our starting backs this year? No offense to Bibbs, but he still ain't much compared to old man Peterson.

Also our FO clearly failed at replacing Garcon and Jackson. As they failed at having interior depth on the o-line (no, one winning game does not mean the plan worked).

Finally, ask yourself this: Would you rather this be a 2005 type year, aka a single good season in the midst of years of losing, or would you rather see this team build a roster that competes for championships every year?

The defense is good. Still has room to be great. That's all we got right now. Last year the offense was good, now it has regressed (partly through injury, partly through losing talent).
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-11-2018, 09:27 PM   #47
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,408
Bucs Postgame

Taking a page from Schneed TLDR...

6-3 is all Iím looking at right now
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:31 PM   #48
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,408
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzorz View Post
Norman is right, but I donít think he completely understands the PTSD Redskins fans have from the past 25 years

Fans need to grow a pair and get behind their team
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:33 PM   #49
Skinzorz
Special Teams
 
Skinzorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 365
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Fans need to grow a pair and get behind their team


I think we are all behind our team, I just think we are quick to get dejected.
Skinzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #50
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 1,558
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Taking a page from Schneed TLDR...
Not unless you're gonna start repeating what he is saying week later.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #51
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,384
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Alex "Ten Win" Smith on pace for shockingly 10/11 wins.
10-6 is a very good season for this roster
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #52
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,408
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzorz View Post
I think we are all behind our team, I just think we are quick to get dejected.

As weíve seen this year this team bounces back even after a crushing loss. So maybe itís time for fans to rinse the sand from their pussies and toughen up a bit.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #53
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19,116
Re: Bucs Postgame

I think a lot of armchair analysts/GMs don't like that the team is winning, despite the shortcomings the love to point out every week.

Almost all teams in the league have strengths and weakness, and every time a team's strength is neutralized, they are going to lose. I don't know what's so f*cking hard to understand about that.

The team is 6-3, despite a lot of setbacks. And that's all that matters. If you have a problem with that, then don't let the door hit you on your way out. HTTR.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:45 PM   #54
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,384
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think a lot of armchair analysts/GMs don't like that the team is winning, despite the shortcomings the love to point out every week.

Almost all teams in the league have strengths and weakness, and every time a team's strength is neutralized, they are going to lose. I don't know what's so f*cking hard to understand about that.

The team is 6-3, despite a lot of setbacks. And that's all that matters. If you have a problem with that, then don't let the door hit you on your way out. HTTR.
Rams are 9-1 but have a terrible D, they give up 30 a week. Saints and Pats are the only 2 teams that have both sides playing well all yr.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #55
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,644
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He's played better this yr all around. He's just not a great pass rusher.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Heís a disappointment. Having a 10 + sack pass rusher at his spot would make the defense elite. I would pass on an extension and look for a pass rusher with our first round pick at his spot.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:52 PM   #56
mooby
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,681
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Taking a page from Schneed TLDR...

6-3 is all Iím looking at right now
I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Because I don't think it's gonna last. Happy to be wrong on this one though. Maybe it's just the Caps/Nats fan in me, but watching terrible teams turn it around and build a winning program over a multi-year span which allows them to be contenders every year (culminating in finally getting over the hump with the Caps this year) made me realize championship trophies are worth the wait. But if you're regressing at the same time you're progressing, it doesn't seem realistic.

Like I said enjoying the ride, because this sweetheart fairy tale doesn't have a happy ending. A team stacked on offense is going to clean our clocks if we somehow manage to make the playoffs/win the division.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:59 PM   #57
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,010
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
10-6 is a very good season for this roster
I was saying that as a compliment. Hell yeah, I'll take 10 wins.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:08 PM   #58
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19,116
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Because I don't think it's gonna last. Happy to be wrong on this one though. Maybe it's just the Caps/Nats fan in me, but watching terrible teams turn it around and build a winning program over a multi-year span which allows them to be contenders every year (culminating in finally getting over the hump with the Caps this year) made me realize championship trophies are worth the wait. But if you're regressing at the same time you're progressing, it doesn't seem realistic.

Like I said enjoying the ride, because this sweetheart fairy tale doesn't have a happy ending. A team stacked on offense is going to clean our clocks if we somehow manage to make the playoffs/win the division.
So you'd rather the team lose instead? What's so terrible about potentially having a winning season and a playoff berth, and be able to build off that? Especially being able to do that despite having so many people injured on the offensive side?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:09 PM   #59
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,384
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Heís a disappointment. Having a 10 + sack pass rusher at his spot would make the defense elite. I would pass on an extension and look for a pass rusher with our first round pick at his spot.
I don't think they'll keep him, especially with Anderson playing better. Smith will get a good deal elsewhere and we need to spend that $ on LG and WR

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:11 PM   #60
punch it in
Gamebreaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 12,541
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If the Bucs don't miss a couple field goals or convert once inside the red zone, we could be looking at a different game today.



Last week we saw what happens when an offense completes drives, the results aren't close.



Have we made progress as a D? Abso-fuckin-lutely. Is there still a long way to go? Abso-fucking-lutely. The run d was not that impressive today, the pass d was even worse. The depth has to get better to the point where a guy like Danny Johnson gets cut out of training camp, instead of actually making the roster let alone playing on game days.



Our offense has clearly regressed, and who knows how much worse it'd be if AP hadn't signed. Could you imagine Perine or Bibbs being our starting backs this year? No offense to Bibbs, but he still ain't much compared to old man Peterson.



Also our FO clearly failed at replacing Garcon and Jackson. As they failed at having interior depth on the o-line (no, one winning game does not mean the plan worked).



Finally, ask yourself this: Would you rather this be a 2005 type year, aka a single good season in the midst of years of losing, or would you rather see this team build a roster that competes for championships every year?



The defense is good. Still has room to be great. That's all we got right now. Last year the offense was good, now it has regressed (partly through injury, partly through losing talent).


I think they showed the stat that only like three other times in recent or not so recent history has a team been held to so little points with over 500 yards. In other words usually that over 500 yards from the opposing offense gets you a big fat L. Yes we absolutely made a couple nice plays to get the turnover but it was absolutely not a good showing by the D as far as the coming weeks are concerned. Between the last two weeks we have been absolutely gashed.
How many times have all the people crying about being negative after a win today said ďman we beat ourselves today - we should have won - we were the better team - that other team couldnít stop us we stopped ourselves? Well it works both ways. Today the Bucs beat the Bucs and we just happened to be there. As always letís see what the future holds. Im not drinking the kool aid yet. Not until there are more tests run on its toxicity.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.11937 seconds with 11 queries