Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Proof This Team is Cursed

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2018, 10:25 PM   #1
5superbowls3wins
Special Teams
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 356
Proof This Team is Cursed

Not only did Alex Smith's injury happen 33 years to the day of Joe Theismann's...the final score of both games was 23-21. ...and both injuries took place at the 40 yard line. #HTTR


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2018, 10:39 PM   #2
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,818
Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Not only did Alex Smith's injury happen 33 years to the day of Joe Theismann's...the final score of both games was 23-21. ...and both injuries took place at the 40 yard line. #HTTR


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:45 PM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,799
Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Not only did Alex Smith's injury happen 33 years to the day of Joe Theismann's...the final score of both games was 23-21. ...and both injuries took place at the 40 yard line. #HTTR


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since you wanted alex gone wouldnt this represent the lifting of the curse?

Maybe we can talk to a local shaman and make that happen
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:48 PM   #4
5superbowls3wins
Special Teams
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 356
Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Since you wanted alex gone wouldnt this represent the lifting of the curse?

Maybe we can talk to a local shaman and make that happen


Whether I wanted him gone or not: his injury and all the coincidences it has to the past show that this team is cursed. All those coincidences are eerie. Just like Sean Taylor, losing Griffin when we had Seattle on the ropes, Guice this year, itís always something major that sets us back.

Itís been cursed since we left RFK and the American Indians cursed the team for their anger over the name and logo. You can bet on that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:54 PM   #5
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,384
Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Whether I wanted him gone or not: his injury and all the coincidences it has to the past show that this team is cursed. All those coincidences are eerie. Just like Sean Taylor, losing Griffin when we had Seattle on the ropes, Guice this year, itís always something major that sets us back.

Itís been cursed since we left RFK and the American Indians cursed the team for their anger over the name and logo. You can bet on that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are cursed I can't think of anything else to explain all of the injuries over the years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:59 PM   #6
5superbowls3wins
Special Teams
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 356
Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
We are cursed I can't think of anything else to explain all of the injuries over the years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


And always at the worst time. I remember Griffin going down like it was yesterday. We had Seattle in the ropes and we were on the move again. We were having a magical year...Then, suddenly everything was lost and weíve never recovered. This just an example.

Even McVay. Watch us be the Browns when Bellechek went to New England.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:00 PM   #7
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,384
Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Think about this season already.

Guice
CT
Crowder
BS
Dunbar
Trent
Now Alex.

All starters. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:01 PM   #8
mooby
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,681
Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Alright guys there's only one solution, we need to meetup at Fedex wearing headdresses and sing Kumbaya to show the dead Indians we stand with them, not against them.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:01 PM   #9
5superbowls3wins
Special Teams
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 356
Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Think about this season already.

Guice
CT
Crowder
BS
Dunbar
Trent
Now Alex.

All starters. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


That list is even longer if you look at last year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:03 PM   #10
5superbowls3wins
Special Teams
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 356
Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Alright guys there's only one solution, we need to meetup at Fedex wearing headdresses and sing Kumbaya to show the dead Indians we stand with them, not against them.


Iím being completely serious man. You donít mess with American Indians man. Itís like building on Indian burial grounds. Big mistake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:07 PM   #11
metalskins
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,344
Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Whether I wanted him gone or not, doesnít mean his injury and all the coincidences it has to the past doesnít show that this team is cursed.

Itís been cursed since we left RFK and the American Indians cursed the team for their anger over the name and logo. You can bet on that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The team started losing after Gibbs' last year coaching in his first tenure. Had nothing to do with the move away from RFK. Had more to do with the fact that Gibbs was a special head coach, and Bobby Beathard was a special GM. If Gibbs and BB had kept going past '93 (Yes, I know Casserly had taken over at this point), there would've been more successful seasons, no matter where the team played at.

The long and short of it is, the Redskins were a class organization from front office down to head coach, and they found quality players. That has never been duplicated since. By far, Gruden has probably been the most successful head coach since Gibbs, because he's put his team in a position to be a winning team each season, save for the first season.

So, how do you break a curse? Time and patience.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:09 PM   #12
metalskins
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,344
Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Think about this season already.

Guice
CT
Crowder
BS
Dunbar
Trent
Now Alex.

All starters. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
All but Dunbar on offense.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:09 PM   #13
5superbowls3wins
Special Teams
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 356
Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
All but Dunbar on offense.


Paul Richardson too...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:10 PM   #14
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,384
Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
All but Dunbar on offense.
Thank god for AD because without him we would be 3-7.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:11 PM   #15
5superbowls3wins
Special Teams
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 356
Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Thank god for AD because without him we would be 3-7.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Iím sure the curse will take him too. Only a matter of time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.11225 seconds with 10 queries