Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2018, 10:33 PM   #16
5superbowls3wins
Special Teams
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 356
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Gruden should have lost it in them in the press conference. How could the NFL do anything about it when they’re coming back 3 days later to apologize that they missed the calls?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-21-2018, 10:49 PM   #17
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,818
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Well Gruden will get fined cause the NFL is so thin skinned they can't take refs getting heat from coaches or players. Such bullshit.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:29 AM   #18
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,862
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

You're right , all of you. My point is we use replay to much and now the Refs are relying on it and not making the right calls . As someone else pointed out with the big jumbo trons now in every stadium they can see more than the refs can. There is too much room in the rules now for "interpretation",hitting the QB this year is a joke and no one knows what is right. I personally (JMHO) feel the game was run better back without all these challenges and replays. But I am old as crap ....so.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:52 AM   #19
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,799
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Replay should be available on every play and penalty call. Still limit it to 2 per half, and inside 2 keep the current rules on what the outside booth reviews. They say there is holding on every play, if a coach for example wants to waste two challenges for those 20 yards fine let him. Most coaches have shown reasonable caution on throwing the challenge flag.

Also if a game has more than 3 successful challenges the refs ought to he fined for performance. G1 you said they have come to rely on it and i agree, so incentivize them not to mess it up. This would mean replay decisions would be completely out of the field refs hands lest they try to avoid fines.

Finally if a rule is determined too ambiguous to be evaluated -like the qb protection rule - evenly it ought to be classified as an automatic review like turnovers and scores are.

Most of these reviews can happen in the time of setting up the next play, especially when a penalty or change of possession is involved.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:09 AM   #20
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,644
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You're right , all of you. My point is we use replay to much and now the Refs are relying on it and not making the right calls . As someone else pointed out with the big jumbo trons now in every stadium they can see more than the refs can. There is too much room in the rules now for "interpretation",hitting the QB this year is a joke and no one knows what is right. I personally (JMHO) feel the game was run better back without all these challenges and replays. But I am old as crap ....so.
I agree g1 , I hate the replay delay. I want no more challenges for coaches.

The refs and the league need to tone it down on pass interference and defensive holding on receivers.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #21
5superbowls3wins
Special Teams
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 356
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

They have an entire officiating staff that sits in the booth from above and who can see various monitors, screens, and every angle. Why are they not buzzing down to the staff on the field that these plays needs to be reviewed???????It makes NO sense that this isn’t happening.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:12 AM   #22
punch it in
Gamebreaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 12,541
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Never. Next topic.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:40 AM   #23
Buffalo Bob
Impact Rookie
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 600
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

I hope everyone understands the view from the stands or from your TV set is a lot better than from the eyes of a referee on a football field. Referees are calling penalties from watching the play one time full speed at field level. You also have 7 officials watching 22 players, calls will be missed, plain and simple. The problems that make it appear officiating has gotten worse comes down to the evolution of the rules and their interpretation to favor the offense.

There didn't used to be hoards of subjective calls or gray areas, things were cut and dry. Offensive lineman were not allowed to grab in any shape or form or even extend their arms away from their body when blocking. Illegal use of hands or holding could be spotted from the nose bleed seats. Quarterbacks were treated like every one else, a defender at full speed could hit a QB if he was within two strides when the ball was released. Personal foul calls were limited to late hits or taking a swing at someone. I could go on and on, the game is just a lot harder to officiate than it used to be and it seems to get more difficult by each passing season.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:08 PM   #24
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 1,558
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Gruden should have lost it in them in the press conference. How could the NFL do anything about it when they’re coming back 3 days later to apologize that they missed the calls?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gruden and Doctson should have flipped out on the sideline, just short of getting a 15 yarder.

I hate whining about calls, but it works. Coaches and players who whine get more calls than those who don't.

They should have acted like it was the biggest travesty they've ever seen. Pointing at the big screen, throwing clip boards and head sets.
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #25
5superbowls3wins
Special Teams
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 356
At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I hope everyone understands the view from the stands or from your TV set is a lot better than from the eyes of a referee on a football field. Referees are calling penalties from watching the play one time full speed at field level. You also have 7 officials watching 22 players, calls will be missed, plain and simple. The problems that make it appear officiating has gotten worse comes down to the evolution of the rules and their interpretation to favor the offense.



There didn't used to be hoards of subjective calls or gray areas, things were cut and dry. Offensive lineman were not allowed to grab in any shape or form or even extend their arms away from their body when blocking. Illegal use of hands or holding could be spotted from the nose bleed seats. Quarterbacks were treated like every one else, a defender at full speed could hit a QB if he was within two strides when the ball was released. Personal foul calls were limited to late hits or taking a swing at someone. I could go on and on, the game is just a lot harder to officiate than it used to be and it seems to get more difficult by each passing season.


Still doesn’t explain what I said above. There’s a team of officials sitting in a booth monitoring everything on multiple screens and angles. Why are they not buzzing down to the field about these OBVIOUS AND BLATANT missed calls?

I’ll tell you why. Because games are fixed now to help ratings. Funny how the Skins and Dallas are playing on national TV this week, the networks need a good viewership. See how many calls were missed in Dallas’ favor last week to help them win, and how many were missed against the Skins last week to help them lose?

It created the show down we have today. It wouldn’t have been nearly as interesting if Washington went to 7-3 and Dallas went to 4-6. NFL is desperate for ratings, and as fan following gets worse they’ll get more desperate.

I’ve lost all respect and credibility for the NFL


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #26
Buffalo Bob
Impact Rookie
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 600
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Still doesn’t explain what I said above. There’s a team of officials sitting in a booth monitoring everything on multiple screens and angles. Why are they not buzzing down to the field about these OBVIOUS AND BLATANT missed calls?

Penalties cannot be reviewed. I believe the officials in the booth are considered to be part of the review system.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:04 PM   #27
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,243
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Gruden and Doctson should have flipped out on the sideline, just short of getting a 15 yarder.

I hate whining about calls, but it works. Coaches and players who whine get more calls than those who don't.

They should have acted like it was the biggest travesty they've ever seen. Pointing at the big screen, throwing clip boards and head sets.
Yes!!!!
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:46 PM   #28
SolidSnake84
Playmaker
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,500
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Every penalty on the field needs able to be reviewed, and the coach should have some way to challenge when it is obvious that the ref's made a bogus call. Give coaches however many penalty challenges each half.

Penalties in the final 2 minutes, just like scores, automatically are reviewed.

Ref's need some kind of grading system from this, say for example after having X amount of penalties overturned within a certain span of time, the ref is terminated..
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:56 PM   #29
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,707
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Fuck you pieces of shit refs!! How many times will they fuck us!!
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #30
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19,116
Re: At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Somebody on Twitter had a good idea. Any time the refs screw up, the team they screwed up should get some cap relief.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.14399 seconds with 10 queries