Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Time to clean house 1.0.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2018, 09:39 PM   #61
metalskins
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,346
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Shaffer is a cap guy. A number cruncher.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Actually, from what I've read, don't discount his ability for player personnel. He apparently knows more about that than people assume.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-04-2018, 10:23 PM   #62
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 1,564
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Actually, from what I've read, don't discount his ability for player personnel. He apparently knows more about that than people assume.
Oh wow. That's even better, where did you see that?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:23 PM   #63
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,711
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Actually, from what I've read, don't discount his ability for player personnel. He apparently knows more about that than people assume.
Kyle Smith is the personnel equivalent of McVay as a coach, why would they risk losing him? Then again, they are the dysfunctional Redskins and anything stupid can happen. I would promote Smith to GM.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:29 PM   #64
metalskins
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,346
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Oh wow. That's even better, where did you see that?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I have got to find that article. Seems like it came from John Keim, but I would honestly need to search for it. I can't remember if it was mentioned in one of his tweets or if it was a full blown article, but I do remember hearing this.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:32 PM   #65
metalskins
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,346
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Kyle Smith is the personnel equivalent of McVay as a coach, why would they risk losing him? Then again, they are the dysfunctional Redskins and anything stupid can happen. I would promote Smith to GM.
Well, Schaffer could still serve as some sort of assistant with player personnel. I'd promote Kyle Smith to GM for sure. I mean, even Bobby Beathard had Charlie Casserly servering under him at a certain point, so it's not like you have to have only the GM and nobody else assisting with player personnel. In fact, it might would make Smith's job easier.

Of course, as you say, this is the dysfunctional Redskins, so they tend to not think in terms of what makes sense to us fans.
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:33 PM   #66
5superbowls3wins
Special Teams
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 361
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Well, Schaffer could still serve as some sort of assistant with player personnel. I'd promote Kyle Smith to GM for sure. I mean, even Bobby Beathard had Charlie Casserly servering under him at a certain point, so it's not like you have to have only the GM and nobody else assisting with player personnel. In fact, it might would make Smith's job easier.



Of course, as you say, this is the dysfunctional Redskins, so they tend to not think in terms of what makes sense to us fans.


I made these comments last night and Iíve made them a few weeks now. Be careful before skinsfan69 comes along and bashes everyone for them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:16 PM   #67
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,352
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
I made these comments last night and Iíve made them a few weeks now. Be careful before skinsfan69 comes along and bashes everyone for them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins1sandyvag
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:18 AM   #68
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,803
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
No way, i don't agree. He is performing basically the same way because just like here, he has a defense that doesn't show up from week to week. We have yet to see Cousins play on a team that has a truly good defense week to week. Minnesota won't even make the playoffs, and i think that has more to do with the defense than Cousins' play.
Defense led them to NFC championship last year. Funny thing is how all the talk last year was how he was going to a perfect place for him.

I don't think it's all on Cousins but he was supposed to take them to the promised land and instead you hear their fans sounding like this board the last 2 seasons. Some people defending KC and some ripping him for his untimely errors.

KC is who he was here. He will set records, put up stats and still manage to make terrible plays at terrible moments which keep a team from winning key games.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:28 AM   #69
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,781
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

So our new back up QB is a no name who was out of the league and playing for the AAF, because... Jay and his staff know him from Jay's time in Tampa...

How many times have we heard that argument? I won't search but it feels like for some coaches or players we've read "whom Jay worked with when he was in Tampa" a solid number of times...

I mean this is the NFL not your uncle's local restaurant ! Find the best players and coaches, not the ones you feel safe with because you know them already...
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:56 AM   #70
mooby
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,695
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
So our new back up QB is a no name who was out of the league and playing for the AAF, because... Jay and his staff know him from Jay's time in Tampa...

How many times have we heard that argument? I won't search but it feels like for some coaches or players we've read "whom Jay worked with when he was in Tampa" a solid number of times...

I mean this is the NFL not your uncle's local restaurant ! Find the best players and coaches, not the ones you feel safe with because you know them already...
Frenchie, man. We're starting an emergency qb for the rest of the year. It's literally all down hill from here. They could sign Bruce Allen to be the backup, idc.

Foreshadowing here but this feels like the beginning of the end.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:22 AM   #71
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,781
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Frenchie, man. We're starting an emergency qb for the rest of the year. It's literally all down hill from here. They could sign Bruce Allen to be the backup, idc.

Foreshadowing here but this feels like the beginning of the end.
Yeah I know this has no importance at all, I just feel like once again it reflects badly on this coaching staff.
I've been a Jay defender for a long time, but a lot of things point toward his inability to game plan and get the guys ready and fired up for big games.
IMO, this is one of these little things showing Jay is not a good leader, he plays scared and average even when signing a back up QB.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:24 AM   #72
BaltimoreSkins
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 1,740
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Frenchie, man. We're starting an emergency qb for the rest of the year. It's literally all down hill from here. They could sign Bruce Allen to be the backup, idc.

Foreshadowing here but this feels like the beginning of the end.
I am all for this
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:33 AM   #73
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,429
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
So our new back up QB is a no name who was out of the league and playing for the AAF, because... Jay and his staff know him from Jay's time in Tampa...



How many times have we heard that argument? I won't search but it feels like for some coaches or players we've read "whom Jay worked with when he was in Tampa" a solid number of times...



I mean this is the NFL not your uncle's local restaurant ! Find the best players and coaches, not the ones you feel safe with because you know them already...


They have one week to prep the guy, so if thereís some familiarity there thatís a good thing




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #74
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,327
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Familiarity is fine but man Josh Johnson fucking sucks. Back up or not, terrible fucking choice. Jay's time in Tampa, LMFAO TEN YEARS AGO !!
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

We're on to Alex Smith.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #75
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,711
Re: Time to clean house 1.0.

Jay and his brother Jon donít know a good QB when they see one. I remember one year Jon went through 7 QBís in TB.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.18177 seconds with 10 queries