Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


The Buttery Males Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2021, 02:21 PM   #46
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,285
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I love the title to this thread ... but i dont get the reference. Can someone explain?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...uttery%20Males
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 31,284
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

NFL Players Association urges release of emails in Washington Football Team probe after Jon Gruden resigns https://usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...on/8422040002/ via
@USATODAY
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 02:33 PM   #48
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 31,284
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

fuck yeah, get rid of DS!!!
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 02:36 PM   #49
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 3,326
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
NFL Players Association urges release of emails in Washington Football Team probe after Jon Gruden resigns https://usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...on/8422040002/ via
@USATODAY
The weakest union in professional sports is demanding something? Let me know how that goes.
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 02:47 PM   #50
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 31,284
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

650,000 emails.

Jon Gruden's alone leak.

On the NFL's selective transparency, and why Daniel Snyder has been protected at all costs—even if the cost is the credibility of an eight-figure investigation.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/10/12/jo...r-nfl-business
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:41 PM   #51
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,719
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

Powerful as he might have seemed, Gruden is just another cow. And Washington owner Daniel Snyder is a rancher. And NFL owners, in private settings, aren’t shy about reminding people of these realities.

This, then, was a public show of them.

Gruden’s emails became public as a result of an independent investigation the NFL commissioned into the workplace culture of the Washington Football Team—a probe that was prompted by reporting in The Washington Post that pointed the finger right at Snyder, among others. The investigation took 11 months, and its completion was greeted by the NFL with a broom swiftly sweeping it under the rug.

The league released the news just before the four-day Fourth of July weekend, refused to make specifics of Beth Wilkinson’s findings public and, presumably, crossed its fingers that questions directed at Snyder’s involvement would simply go away. Remember, this is a league that published a 243-page report on Tom Brady’s deflating footballs, a 144-page report on Richie Incognito’s harassing teammate Jonathan Martin, and a 96-page report on Ray Rice’s domestic violence case. All of those reports can still be found, in full, online.

Those reports are on the cattle. Conveniently enough, you won’t find ranchers implicated in them.

-- decent writing found in a sports article? Surprising. Most sports articles read like a bot writing from a box score.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 04:23 PM   #52
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,285
The Buttery Males Thread

What I do not understand is this. The owners keep Goodell in power. Ok. So if DS was forced to sell would the next owner not vote for Goodell? I would think he or she or they would because Goodell getting helping get rid of DS is why he or she or they would be there. Also doesn’t Goodell ever get sick of the bad image DS brings to the league? It seems to me that every other owner and Goodell would want nothing more than to oust DS?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 04:29 PM   #53
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 18,352
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Powerful as he might have seemed, Gruden is just another cow. And Washington owner Daniel Snyder is a rancher. And NFL owners, in private settings, aren’t shy about reminding people of these realities.

This, then, was a public show of them.

Gruden’s emails became public as a result of an independent investigation the NFL commissioned into the workplace culture of the Washington Football Team—a probe that was prompted by reporting in The Washington Post that pointed the finger right at Snyder, among others. The investigation took 11 months, and its completion was greeted by the NFL with a broom swiftly sweeping it under the rug.

The league released the news just before the four-day Fourth of July weekend, refused to make specifics of Beth Wilkinson’s findings public and, presumably, crossed its fingers that questions directed at Snyder’s involvement would simply go away. Remember, this is a league that published a 243-page report on Tom Brady’s deflating footballs, a 144-page report on Richie Incognito’s harassing teammate Jonathan Martin, and a 96-page report on Ray Rice’s domestic violence case. All of those reports can still be found, in full, online.

Those reports are on the cattle. Conveniently enough, you won’t find ranchers implicated in them.

-- decent writing found in a sports article? Surprising. Most sports articles read like a bot writing from a box score.
Nailed it.

I can only hope Snyder isn't as untouchable as he looks right now.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:19 PM   #54
Stacks42
Impact Rookie
 
Stacks42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington Va.
Age: 44
Posts: 770
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

“We have had communications with the league, and the NFLPA plans to request that the NFL release the rest of the emails.”

⁃ NFL Players Association Executive Director DeMaurice Smith
__________________
The NEXT special teams coordinator
Stacks42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:29 PM   #55
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 18,352
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
“We have had communications with the league, and the NFLPA plans to request that the NFL release the rest of the emails.”

⁃ NFL Players Association Executive Director DeMaurice Smith
"No"

- The NFL

The NFLPA is gonna have to try harder than that to see what else the league is hiding.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:36 AM   #56
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,325
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

The NFL wont release WFT emails.

https://wtop.com/washington-football...n-over-emails/
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:53 AM   #57
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 17,285
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

Even if they did Snyder will only somehow grow stronger.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:50 AM   #58
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,117
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

Still can not believe that the league did a massive investigation on whether Brady deflated footballs. I mean what a fucking clown show that was. What a waste of time and money. Of all the things they could spend time on making the game better they went FBI on deflated footballs. What a bunch of idiots.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:06 AM   #59
Giantone
MVP
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,468
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

Ok , just trying to understand something here. What was it that made the NFL go after the Owner of the Panthers a few years ago but this isn't worth the trouble? No way Gruden and Allen had 650,000 emails between themselves . While I don't think this is the norm for the whole NFL, ...it happens and it needs to be stopped.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:41 AM   #60
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 18,352
Re: The Buttery Males Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Still can not believe that the league did a massive investigation on whether Brady deflated footballs. I mean what a fucking clown show that was. What a waste of time and money. Of all the things they could spend time on making the game better they went FBI on deflated footballs. What a bunch of idiots.
220 page report on deflating footballs, but Wilkinson only had to submit an oral report on decades of Redskins dysfunction.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.11441 seconds with 10 queries