Re: NFL Shootings

don't bet on that ^
tc2deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #17
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Well it could also be that college kids have more on the line if they get in trouble at a game.... they can get kicked out.

Also the 49ers owner knows how to curb violence at games. Come to think of it college games dont have preseason games! Anyone know if spring practices get a little out of control? This guy is a complete idiot:

Jed York suggests 18-game season would curb fan violence | ProFootballTalk
Old 08-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #18
firstdown
Living Legend

So this is the same game that also had this fight break out.

49ers vs Raiders 8/20/11 FIGHT 49er fans fight with Raider fans - YouTube

People are such ass holes and I wonder if this fight is related to the shooting.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #19
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So this is the same game that also had this fight break out.

49ers vs Raiders 8/20/11 FIGHT 49er fans fight with Raider fans - YouTube

People are such ass holes and I wonder if this fight is related to the shooting.
What idiots. Yeah. Where were the police/security in all this? That went on for a good bit.

hahaha...one of the comments under that video.

Quote:
Wow some one actually spend money on a A.Smith jersey lol
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #20
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

From that same game in SF.

No cops around for the looooongest time. Yeah, I'll take college game day any day of the week over pro.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #21
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Well it could also be that college kids have more on the line if they get in trouble at a game.... they can get kicked out.
I think it has to do with the fact that many of the people that attend college games are either current students or alumni of that school. They are invested in those teams and respect the institution enough not to be a jackass. Also, a good deal of families are out there on game day as well. Seems there are more trailer trash rejects at the pro games than a college game. Guess it's because they would have had to go to college in the first place to even want to support college athletics.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #22
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I think it has to do with the fact that many of the people that attend college games are either current students or alumni of that school. They are invested in those teams and respect the institution enough not to be a jackass. Also, a good deal of families are out there on game day as well. Seems there are more trailer trash rejects at the pro games than a college game. Guess it's because they would have had to go to college in the first place to even want to support college athletics.

I want to say that but didn't want come off snobbish, job well done.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Report: 49ers, Raiders will no longer meet in preseason | ProFootballTalk

Gee you think
Old 08-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #24
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm guess it because the people attending the games are educated.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

San Francisco 49ers to ban some tailgating, want no 2012 game vs. Oakland Raiders - ESPN

Man where the hell is the security at? Not a peep from the Commish? No surprise

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #26
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Just because I am a big NFL fan. Doesn't mean I would want to hurt or kill a person over my team. How dumb can these people get? Hopefully they will bring the person or people of interest to justice. Really feel bad for the people who got shot and their families.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #27
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
From that same game in SF.

No cops around for the looooongest time. Yeah, I'll take college game day any day of the week over pro.
Found video of fan fighting. A damn shame.

But on a serious note, I completely agree with everyone that would rather attend a college football game than a NFL game. I think the NCAA has a lot of things that need fixing, but the fan experience on game days isn't one of them. I'd love for alcohol to be banned at NFL games, but we all know that'd never happen.

It's like people say, pro football fans = uneducated, boorish fans that have it ingrained in their heads that going on an alcohol bender is part of the gameday experience. College football fans = smarter, because obviously they attend college or are fans of a CF team through family, and clearly respect the traditions of the college game.

And banning alcohol at games was a smart thing to do because the NCAA knows that it wouldn't impact ticket sales because major universities have enough of a diehard following that they'd go to the games anyways. Imagine how much ticket sales would suffer if the NFL banned alcohol. You'd see a large amount of that casual beer swilling audience disappear, and you'd also lose large amounts of revenue that selling beers provides. A lose-lose situation for the owners.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #28
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Tho only problem I have ever seen at Lions games were fights due to alcohol. I think the NFL would be wise in actually considering dropping the damn beer companies and banning alcohol. A damn football or baseball game should be kid friendly always. I mean seriously, do you want half the adults in the crowd driving back home drunk?
Beer company "partnerships" and beer sales at the stadium are SIGNIFICANT contributors to that $9.3B revenue stream that is the NFL. Hard to see that going away anytime soon...

In addition, more than a few folks ENTER the stadium more than half lit from the 5 hours of tailgating before the game. Imagine the lines to get into FedEx if they made everyone pass a breathalyzer test at the gate...

The NFL owners have to begin to look at their stadiums far more critically than most have for the last 20 years. There is more to the game experience than big high-def scoreboards and DJs playing loud music. It is true that TV rights fees pay most of the freight for teams but the fan attendance dollars plus concessions and parking are still important parts of the teams' revenues. And attendance at the 95% level is no longer something lots of teams can count on as a given...

Drunken fans can make the stadium experience very unpleasant even if they do not start shooting at folks or initiate a beat-down in the men's room...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #29
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Dont bet on it. I know people who are rabid fans of college teams that have never driven past a college campus let alone attend class at the college they support.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #30
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
San Francisco 49ers to ban some tailgating, want no 2012 game vs. Oakland Raiders - ESPN

Man where the hell is the security at? Not a peep from the Commish? No surprise
He wont say jack because of revenue dollars.