Old 02-23-2018, 07:48 PM   #61
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Parkland Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yup, guns > our children too apparently

20 years of this senseless shit and no real changes
That's more BS and part of the reason discussion becomes so hard. We all want our children safe. The approach and ideas of what works is where we differ.

As for the 20 years. The country has moved more and more towards gun free zones "safe" spaces and stricter regulations and what we have gotten is more and more devastating attacks.

Maybe we try to stop politicizing and demonizing the other side and listen to both sides for ideas and rationales.

There is a reason police forces are armed, a reason why private security firms exist. We defend politicians and executives with armed guards, metal detectors, and security checks of individuals. But those aren't worth considering for our kids because guns are bad.

There are solutions that can include gun laws but there are 0 solutions that only have gun laws.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-23-2018, 08:19 PM   #62
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
That's more BS and part of the reason discussion becomes so hard. We all want our children safe. The approach and ideas of what works is where we differ.

As for the 20 years. The country has moved more and more towards gun free zones "safe" spaces and stricter regulations and what we have gotten is more and more devastating attacks.

Maybe we try to stop politicizing and demonizing the other side and listen to both sides for ideas and rationales.

There is a reason police forces are armed, a reason why private security firms exist. We defend politicians and executives with armed guards, metal detectors, and security checks of individuals. But those aren't worth considering for our kids because guns are bad.

There are solutions that can include gun laws but there are 0 solutions that only have gun laws.
Of course police carry guns. You have tons of citizens now armed. And now you get complaints about too many police shootings. Meanwhile other countries don't arm all police officers.

And not there has not been move to do away with guns. Back in the 90's while sanity was still around you had the assault rifle ban.

But at the same time talk radio was giving the gun manufacturers a platform to spout fear and that coupled with anti government crap especially people like Liddy saying aim for their head talking about government agents.

Your solution is more people taking up the tools to end life and harm others.

People who promote being prepared to kill others are no different than those who promote abortion as a means of birth control.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Dan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:33 PM   #63
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan73 View Post
People who promote being prepared to kill others are no different than those who promote abortion as a means of birth control.

I hate guns but that is absurd ,stay on point.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:41 PM   #64
MTK
\m/

Parkland Shooting

I’m done with the excuses. 20 years of school shootings and the NRA is still in too many pockets in DC. That’s what it boils down to.

Schools can’t afford basic supplies and can’t pay teachers yet the answer is to spend money on arming and training them to shoot their students if they have to?

Please, fucking ridiculous
Old 02-24-2018, 07:32 AM   #65
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I hate guns but that is absurd ,stay on point.
Not really. Anytime you promote the idea of killing another to protect property or wealth or to deal with a difficult situation you are floating the same idea by both groups. Just the means differ.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:34 AM   #66
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
I’m done with the excuses. 20 years of school shootings and the NRA is still in too many pockets in DC. That’s what it boils down to.

Schools can’t afford basic supplies and can’t pay teachers yet the answer is to spend money on arming and training them to shoot their students if they have to?

Please, fucking ridiculous
I have a feeling in some states all of sudden there would be money for schools to buy guns.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:02 AM   #67
jamf
Pro Bowl

Thumbs down Re: Parkland Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan73 View Post

wow lost it on this one.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:17 AM   #68
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
wow lost it on this one.
Not really both sides are really not all that different. They both feel they are morally justifiable with their views but when it comes down to it both groups have those willing to kill others to protect wealth and self.

I have always said any laws or regulations imposed on one group should have corresponding laws and regulations imposed on the other group.

Old 07-09-2018, 04:30 PM   #69
Giantone
Gamebreaker

How do you defend this.............

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/toddler-2-...opstories.html

A toddler somehow got his hands on a pistol and fatally shot himself in the head in a tragic accident in Fresno, California, on Saturday.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:55 PM   #70
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

A toddler somehow got his hands on a pistol and fatally shot himself in the head in a tragic accident in Fresno, California, on Saturday.
It's the price we have to pay for the freedom to carry.

This was an interesting discussion, not sure how I missed it.

I agree, common sense gun laws are all I want. Better background checks (maybe a law saying if you've been involuntarily committed to a mental facility you can't own a gun), raise the minimum age for assault rifle ownership to 21+, and if you want to regulate guns like you regulate cars (have to pass a test to get a license) I'm all for it. That's the part of the argument "people kill people with cars too" that people forget. Cars are heavily regulated, even more so for people under 18. Why should guns be any different?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #71
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's the price we have to pay for the freedom to carry.

This was an interesting discussion, not sure how I missed it.

I agree, common sense gun laws are all I want. Better background checks (maybe a law saying if you've been involuntarily committed to a mental facility you can't own a gun), raise the minimum age for assault rifle ownership to 21+, and if you want to regulate guns like you regulate cars (have to pass a test to get a license) I'm all for it. That's the part of the argument "people kill people with cars too" that people forget. Cars are heavily regulated, even more so for people under 18. Why should guns be any different?
That has always been my argument as well , no one is coming for the guns but things like this should make people scream for smarter gun laws.The NRA should be leading the pack on smart gun control.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #72
MTK
\m/

Too bad a good guy with a gun wasn’t near by to shoot the gun out of the kid’s hands
Old 07-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Someone needs to be arrested when care givers, parents, etc let this happen. Involuntary manslaughter at a minimum. Simply zero excuse.

a similar incident this just happened in a Richmond ghetto bout 3 weeks ago. No charges.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #74
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Too bad a good guy with a gun wasn’t near by to shoot the gun out of the kid’s hands
I know you are being snarky, but i bet if you walk in that house you would find all kinds of child safety locks throughout. For a gun to be left loaded and unsecure with a toddler in the house is pure negligence on the parents part.

Most of the defense against nanny state laws is that people need to be held accountable for the consequences of their own actions. While the parents will likely never forgive themselves the state has an obligation to punish them as well, and take away their guns.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:36 PM   #75
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
.........true , maybe a armed teacher from a near by school could have stop it?