Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Small WR

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-04-2005, 11:06 AM   #1
ST21
Impact Rookie

Wink Small WR

OK....DP is a good wideout, but was only the 3rd best WR on his team, and were replacing him with...Rod Garner, we need 1 big time impact, player....and I mean Big we need a big physical player that can out jump a DB in the Red Zone, I hear P. Burress is on his way to Minn., that would be great because B. Edwards would be available and he would be what we need to get over the top
ST21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2005, 11:19 AM   #2
skin4Life28
Special Teams

Re: Small WR

Yeah Burress more than likely will be going to Minn. So that definetly gives us a shot at either Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams. I am torn on who I want they are both going to be elite recievers in the league. So, if we get either one I will be happy with that. DP is a great siginging on terms of exp. and his knowledge of the game.
skin4Life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
celts32
Playmaker

I think we would all love to see Plax end up with the Vikes which should pave the way for the Skins to get Williams or Edwards at #9, but so far the Vikes don't seem interested in Burress. Everything I keep reading says that Plax & his agent are contacting the Vikings becasue he wants to play there. It's not clear at this point if the Vikings want him though.
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #4
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Vikings are going D. JOhnson in the draft. No doubt in my mind.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:25 AM   #5
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal

Not only that, but they're on the verge of signing Plax. So, hopefully we'll be able to draft M.Williams.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:32 AM   #6
skins052bgr8
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewhite3
OK....DP is a good wideout, but was only the 3rd best WR on his team, and were replacing him with...Rod Garner, we need 1 big time impact, player....and I mean Big we need a big physical player that can out jump a DB in the Red Zone, I hear P. Burress is on his way to Minn., that would be great because B. Edwards would be available and he would be what we need to get over the top

Though he was the third receiver on his team last year, look at his #'s compared to our # 1 guy last year. Not sure on exact #'s but fairly close. Patten was able to get down field also by his 18.5 yards per catch average.

Coles 90 catches, 960 yards and 1 TD

Patten 44 catches 800 yards and 7 TDS

Who had a more productive year and how many games did we lose by less than 7 sure would have liked to have had pattens six other TDS. Not all coles fault though.

No Question he is not our # 1 receiver, but very reliable. From what I understand about Edwards is he could be another Gardner, can make some spectacular catches, but sometimes those ones between the numbers casts some doubt in his mind and he will drop them.
skins052bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:37 AM   #7
NYCSkin
Impact Rookie

Good pickup. Professional, speedy receiver, who plays special teams (unlike McCants). Was hurt last year, but always makes plays when on the field (unlike Gardner aka 50/50).
NYCSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:44 AM   #8
gortiz
Special Teams

Gibbs Press Conf @ 11

Joe just had a press conference and addressed the WR"s size this year. He said, and I quote "size is not important at WR" then he referenced the Smurfs and Gary Clark as well.

I agree with him, especially if he is calling a good game and has the ground attack going. Guys are going to get open wether they are 5'10 or 6'5.

Hines Ward, Marvin H, Torry Holt are all small guys...who is better then them right now?
gortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #9
MTK
\m/

I said it in another thread that I think this notion that you "need" a big WR isn't true.

Look at the Rams, Holt and Bruce aren't huge guys. Look at the Colts, they don't have any big WR's.

We had Rod Gardner for the last 4 years and he's considered a big possession type, where did that get us?

That being said I'd still like to see us grab Mike Williams, not just for his size but his overall talent and ability.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:54 AM   #10
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
They are going to have some sick linebackers in a few years if they take Derrick Johnson. E.J. Henderson, D. Thomas, D. Johnson, and N. Harris, that is a great group of young LB's. I hope they do take him because I would rather see him there then Dallas!!!!
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #11
gortiz
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
I said it in another thread that I think this notion that you "need" a big WR isn't true.

Look at the Rams, Holt and Bruce aren't huge guys. Look at the Colts, they don't have any big WR's.

We had Rod Gardner for the last 4 years and he's considered a big possession type, where did that get us?

That being said I'd still like to see us grab Mike Williams, not just for his size but his overall talent and ability.
I agree, plus we need help on O not D! MIke Wiliams seems to be rare talent that you can't pass up on. Is 6'5 accurate? that is sick. I think we did that with Sean Taylor last year...he was to rare of talent to not take a chance on. He will compliment who ever is across from him, and I think he will make an impact by the end of season.

One thing we can't do though is sleep on T. jacobs!!!
gortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:02 PM   #12
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_P
Not only that, but they're on the verge of signing Plax. So, hopefully we'll be able to draft M.Williams.
Do you have any info that they are on the verge of signing Plax or is that just a guess? Every article I read today from Minnesotta papers indicates that the interst in Plax being on the Vikes is all from Plax's side so far.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #13
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I would love to see us get Mike Williams as well. With the signing of Patten, taking Williams at #1 won't seem as much of a gamble since we have other pretty damn good receivers backing him up in case he doesn't pan out.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:10 PM   #14
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72

This is true, but those are also two teams that play in a dome and play more of a speed offensive game. You can definitely win with smaller WR's if they are good enough, but having a big target definitely helps you out if you are a little lacking in the QB area. Don't you think it would help Ramsey a lot to know that he has a WR that can outfight the DB's for a less than perfect pass?

Also is Holt small? I don't have his bio in front of me but he looks kind of lanky to me. That's not important though.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:15 PM   #15
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32
Do you have any info that they are on the verge of signing Plax or is that just a guess? Every article I read today from Minnesotta papers indicates that the interst in Plax being on the Vikes is all from Plax's side so far.

You're probably right. And it wasn't a guess....more like wishful thinking.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote