Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bruce Allen Thinks Everyone Should Be Judged By Their Record?? Ok.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-31-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Bruce Allen Thinks Everyone Should Be Judged By Their Record?? Ok.

Discuss... https://nflspinzone.com/2018/03/31/w...ed-record/amp/

“Oh, about that record. Since coming to Washington in December 2009, Allen’s record as chief decision-maker is 35-61. Washington’s two most successful years were when McCloughan was the team’s de facto GM in 2015 and 2016. If you include those two years, Allen’s record climbs to 52-75”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-31-2018, 08:59 PM   #2
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Bruce Allen Thinks Everyone Should Be Judged By Their Record?? Ok.

The Skins are moving toward stability as a franchise, and BA has been a part of that. Football is a slow burn sport. You only get 16 games a year to evaluate results. For a backup center that might be ok for a franchise vice president that took over a dysfunctional franchise at an extreme low point it takes SEVERAL iterations which means several seasons per shot.

First you bring a respected but controlling HC and get the meddlesome owner one step away. Next you bring in a troubled GM to split the GM and Head coaching duties. All the while working to improve the quality of drafts and separating the players from a star struck owner.

Bruce Allen didnt inherit a simple task. He had to change the owner's culture. This team and franchise are a lot better now in ways that are not measured as simply as win loss record.

Of course we need to see more wins going forward because at this point the franchise looks much more stable.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:25 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Stability only goes so far Cred. At some point Gruden and Allen have to go if we can't improve beyond league average. There's no room for regression either.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:24 AM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Stability only goes so far Cred. At some point Gruden and Allen have to go if we can't improve beyond league average. There's no room for regression either.
I agree to a point. I am just pointing out how far the franchise SEEMS to have come since the 2000s and that they may have turned a corner in how they operate. If they can now show continued progress on the field we as fans might finally see some good playoff years.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #5
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Just listened to the unedited Bruce Allen interview with JP Finley from the owners meetings.

Bruce is so careful with what he says, but there was a short statement about DW and the personnel dept that I hadn't heard anyone else mention.

BA said they were miles ahead of where they had been in background research of the players in the draft.

This could be a veiled shot at McLovin on Cravens and Doctson.

I believe it is legit though. He normally doesn't put any aspect of the organization down but seems to be acknowledging a past weakness under his watch. Rare position for him to take.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #6
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

F...! Bruce Allen. He should have been fired years ago.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:45 PM   #7
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The Skins are moving toward stability as a franchise, and BA has been a part of that. Football is a slow burn sport. You only get 16 games a year to evaluate results. For a backup center that might be ok for a franchise vice president that took over a dysfunctional franchise at an extreme low point it takes SEVERAL iterations which means several seasons per shot.

First you bring a respected but controlling HC and get the meddlesome owner one step away. Next you bring in a troubled GM to split the GM and Head coaching duties. All the while working to improve the quality of drafts and separating the players from a star struck owner.

Bruce Allen didnt inherit a simple task. He had to change the owner's culture. This team and franchise are a lot better now in ways that are not measured as simply as win loss record.

Of course we need to see more wins going forward because at this point the franchise looks much more stable.
I'm with you - Redskins organization sunk to bottom after the fiasco with Zorn. I am happy to see where this team is going now and of course, this must lead to winning seasons from now on. If we continue to have losing seasons for next few years then I will jump on Fire Allen bandwagon.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:04 PM   #8
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I'm with you - Redskins organization sunk to bottom after the fiasco with Zorn. I am happy to see where this team is going now and of course, this must lead to winning seasons from now on. If we continue to have losing seasons for next few years then I will jump on Fire Allen bandwagon.
The cap penalty, RG3 debacle, and Shanhan's complete neglect of the defense from a spending perspective skews any evaluation of Allen as a GM based on record.

There are literally a handful of people who know what everyone's role was through all of those.

Having been through the Vinny years, I love the stability we have now.

If fault is the right word, I fault BA for the Kirk situation but as it played out, I'm totally fine not paying him an AAV of 28 mil.

In one of his interviews at the owners meetings he said their approach to FA was to assign a cash value to all free agents and stick to their guns.

They second part of the strategy is to accumulate compensatory picks.

I LOVE THIS PHILOSOPHY despite my knee jerk, window shopping impulses toward high priced talented players.

The notion that Bruce alone is evaluating talent is silly. The Alex Smith trade is a great example. Jay loved him. DW and the personnel dept loved him, BA went out and got him.

I am for staying the course and reaping the benefits that come from continuity.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #9
jamf
Pro Bowl

8-8 is what you get with continuity and no front office talent.
The bengals had 15 or so years of continuity with Marvin Lewis with nothing to show for it than mediocrity.

Not being the laughing stock of the league is not good enough.

I’m fine going into the season with Jay but if they put together another single digit win season, I want them to clean house.

It’s been 5 seasons. This is 100% Bruce and Jays team.
No more excuses especially considering how quickly turned it around in 2 seasons.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:27 PM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
8-8 is what you get with continuity and no front office talent.
The bengals had 15 or so years of continuity with Marvin Lewis with nothing to show for it than mediocrity.

Not being the laughing stock of the league is not good enough.

I’m fine going into the season with Jay but if they put together another single digit win season, I want them to clean house.

It’s been 5 seasons. This is 100% Bruce and Jays team.
No more excuses especially considering how quickly turned it around in 2 seasons.
Gruden has 4 seasons. The first was the remnant of Shanahan defensive blindness.
The next 3 he has won a division championship and hovered around .500. I expect good things this season and if we make the playoffs Gruden shouldnt be anywhere near the hot seat. He and Allen seem to have a relationship that works well under Snyder.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 04-01-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:43 PM   #11
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Gruden has 4 seasons. The first was the remnant of Shanahan defensive blindness.
The next 3 he has won a division championship and hovered around .500. I expect good things this season and if we make the playoffs Gruden shouldnt be anywhere near the hot seat. He and Allen seem to have a relationship that works well unde4 Snyder.
Yea and the last two seasons, the team suffered injuries analogous to a biblical event.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...ted-games-lost

I love the passion, I just don't think a drastic shake up is the answer right now.

Right now, I just want to keep going and see what's on the other side of the hill.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:41 PM   #12
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
The next 3 he has won a division championship and hovered around .500. I expect good things this season and if we make the playoffs Gruden shouldnt be anywhere near the hot seat. He and Allen seem to have a relationship that works well under Snyder.
This is fair if he corrects the 5th preseason game issues.

This is his team with his players and QB. No more excuses.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:37 AM   #13
MTK
\m/

Ultimately Allen will be judged by his record, just like anyone else. But as with most organizations the higher up the ladder you are, the longer your leash tends to be.

Definitely need to start winning on the field and not just off of it.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #14
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Reading a lot of these posts it has become obvious most of the Redskin fans in here have very low expectations.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:05 AM   #15
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Reading a lot of these posts it has become obvious most of the Redskin fans in here have very low expectations.
It's due to the years of dysfunction and losing, can't blame anyone for saying or feeling negative things. I believe the team is turning a new leaf and will stay on a positive track but I could also be blind with my skins goggles on. Only time will tell