Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2019, 11:26 PM   #256
SkinzWin
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,091
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

https://thefandc.radio.com/dan-snyde...ball-decisions

Snyder using an outside group to make football decisions. Stop being such a c@ÄK tease Dan and either piss or get off the pot.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for ...whichever mediocre QB Snyder gave away too much to get and ruined the team for another decade
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #257
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,317
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
https://thefandc.radio.com/dan-snyde...ball-decisions

Snyder using an outside group to make football decisions. Stop being such a c@ÄK tease Dan and either piss or get off the pot.
From the article: After the initial report, Breer took to Twitter to add, Snyder "assembled a small circle of football people earlier in the season to help him with Washingtonís search process. None of those people work for the team."

I applaud this move. I was hoping he would seek the advice of well-respected football people who are outside his organization.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:40 AM   #258
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,317
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

For a long time I felt that an on-field turnaround is possible if Bruce Allen were to be moved to a non-football role. Recently I've become aware of still more evidence of the toxic culture at Redskins Park from a source that I trust. Now I believe that Allen must go if there is to be any chance of a football turnaround.

Although we'll still need to live with Dan Snyder's management style, I'm hoping he'll decide to take a round the world cruise on his new yacht.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 01:06 PM   #259
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,191
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Reports of Marvin Lewis coming as HC. Meh
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 01:17 PM   #260
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,062
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Reports of Marvin Lewis coming as HC. Meh
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ivera-bieniemy
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 01:18 PM   #261
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,119
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Reports of Marvin Lewis coming as HC. Meh
The fact Dan is doing the head coaching search and not a GM search is not good at all. The fact Bruce is likely to remain is fucking the most unimaginable disaster facing this franchise for more years to come.

I donít care who the skins hire as HC because Bruce remains and Dan is making the choice...itís the worst possible scenario as fans.
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 02:14 PM   #262
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,317
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The fact Dan is doing the head coaching search and not a GM search is not good at all. The fact Bruce is likely to remain is fucking the most unimaginable disaster facing this franchise for more years to come.

I donít care who the skins hire as HC because Bruce remains and Dan is making the choice...itís the worst possible scenario as fans.
I assumed that outside people were helping Snyder to hire a GM. Silly me.

If Bruce Allen stays, then I'm gone. It's bad enough that Snyder will remain as the owner. I'm having trouble forcing myself to care anyway. Snyder alone makes me want to say AMF right now.

I live in Maryland. Trust me when I tell you that Skins fans in this state are defecting to the Ravens in significant numbers. I'm sure Snyder doesn't give a dam. He'll just build a new stadium somewhere between D.C. and Richmond and sucker Virginia officials into paying for it.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:03 PM   #263
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie
 
OmahaRedskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 796
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The fact Dan is doing the head coaching search and not a GM search is not good at all. The fact Bruce is likely to remain is fucking the most unimaginable disaster facing this franchise for more years to come.

I donít care who the skins hire as HC because Bruce remains and Dan is making the choice...itís the worst possible scenario as fans.
Only a few people know what Dan is going to do, and nobody on this board or reporting on the team knows. The fact that Bruce is not leading the charge on finding a new coach is promising. What will be telling is who makes the announcements on Monday. That may give us some insight on the GM role.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:05 PM   #264
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie
 
OmahaRedskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 796
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I assumed that outside people were helping Snyder to hire a GM. Silly me.

If Bruce Allen stays, then I'm gone. It's bad enough that Snyder will remain as the owner. I'm having trouble forcing myself to care anyway. Snyder alone makes me want to say AMF right now.

I live in Maryland. Trust me when I tell you that Skins fans in this state are defecting to the Ravens in significant numbers. I'm sure Snyder doesn't give a dam. He'll just build a new stadium somewhere between D.C. and Richmond and sucker Virginia officials into paying for it.
I am sure Dan give's a Damn about the eroding fan base.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:17 PM   #265
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie
 
OmahaRedskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 796
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

ESPN is now reporting River Boat Ron is the primary candidate.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...idate-redskins
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:55 PM   #266
SolidSnake84
Playmaker
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,705
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
I am sure Dan give's a Damn about the eroding fan base.
Watching this team over the last few years, what would give you the inclination that Dan cares about the fan base which has been steadily eroding the past few seasons?

I find it laughable every time someone posts about that. Dan will not care until he begins to lose money. Period. Fan opinion / wins & losses are not high on his list, to suggest otherwise is silly. Right now, the tickets are being bought and paid for, Dan could care less that its other teams' fans that fill the stadium.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #267
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,342
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
ESPN is now reporting River Boat Ron is the primary candidate.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...idate-redskins
I feel like here's the scenario assuming the reports of Bruce being out of football ops are true.

Bruce reassigned to business ops management (I'd prefer him out entirely but am willing to settle for that).

Dan and his advisors have settled on Kyle Smith or some unknown name as GM. Maybe Eric Schaeffer for team prez?

Doug Williams stays (I disagree with this move based on Doug's comments from signing Landon Collins that they didn't take scheme into account)

Riverboat Ron as HC (not my first choice, Bienemy is looking good and I would even prefer KOC to get it over him). But if it's Rivera or Marvin Lewis as HC I'm taking Ron every day.

Hopefully Dan has learned enough to let the HC pick his own staff. And if Ron hires some crap retread as DC I will blow up.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:22 PM   #268
SkinzWin
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,091
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...all-ops-monday

Per source: B Al out of the football operations game by Monday.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for ...whichever mediocre QB Snyder gave away too much to get and ruined the team for another decade
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:49 PM   #269
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,119
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

So question, who is making these choices with hc? And why isnít the front office involved? This is a serious fuckin issue folks.
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:05 PM   #270
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,062
Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So question, who is making these choices with hc? And why isnít the front office involved? This is a serious fuckin issue folks.
Dannyís independent think tank.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.18163 seconds with 10 queries