You gotta like Aikman

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #31
RedskinPete
The Starter

Re: You gotta like Aikman..no I don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I've always liked this guy even though he played for a team Redskins fans despise. A man of his word.

Aikman getting college degree 20 years later - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
That long to get it...What was he doing while he was in school? I had two jobs and when to school and recieved my degree. At the very least what was he doing in the off season?
RedskinPete is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #32
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: You gotta like Aikman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Troy Aikman is a "walking, talking, prick with ears".
What does that make Joe Buck? Oh wait, don't answer that. LOL.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #33
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Damn, if a Cowboys fan dislikes him that much, that's more reason for us to like him
Ok, I lived in Hawaii for 10 years. And the ONLY football we got there was the Pro Bowl.

I was able to attend 8 of them. And the funnest thing about the Pro Bowl is not the game, but all the fan events leading up to the game during Pro Bowl Week.

One of those events being "Fan Day" at Aloha Stadium. That is when all the players show up in thier Pro Bowl Jerseys and greet fans, take pictures, sign autographs etc.

Yeah, I am a die hard Cowboys fan, and Irvin was AWESOME to the fans there. Emmitt Smith was even better, never missed an autograph, picture or handshake.

Aikman, that pri*k, came out of the locker room, walked straight under the goal posts into the middle of the field and started tossing a football around with some guys on the field. He never, ever even acknowledged that the fans were even there. Folks were calling out to him over and over to come over, and he would not even wave or even look thier way, just did his thing in his little world.

Great QB, and fantastic commentator.

But still a prick.

Last edited by sandtrapjack; 02-12-2009 at 05:26 PM.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #34
over the mountain
Playmaker

^^ haha thanks for the insight sandtrap. my only guess as to why aikman was non-interactive with fans is that he seems very stoic and objective, almost distached from emotion.

go skins!!

ps - aikman is my fav commentator, hard to say but the man knows what he is looking at on the field and how to relay that in words to the viewers.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #35
gaudiomatt
Camp Scrub

Really don't have to love Aikman at all. Theres nothing cool about getting a degree when you're rich already. you get a degree to become rich. not the other way around. Plus He probably sodimizes Joe Bucks who its such a tool. And guess what he's an annoying biased cowboys quarterback. so no i don't like aikman at all.
gaudiomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #36
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaudiomatt View Post
Really don't have to love Aikman at all. Theres nothing cool about getting a degree when you're rich already. you get a degree to become rich. not the other way around. Plus He probably sodimizes Joe Bucks who its such a tool. And guess what he's an annoying biased cowboys quarterback. so no i don't like aikman at all.

Let the record state that I don't share my dissenting opinion with this person. The views stated in his quote are not shared by me or any other person who rationally dissented against the common affinity shared for Aikman by members of this board during this thread.

While one may find humor in the imagery of sodomy between the two, I can't in good conscious condone the use of such graphic vernacular just to defame the former cowboy quarterback.

Also, I'm no psychic but you may be getting banned soon. Not a sermon, just a thought.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #37
Larry Michael is Satan
Special Teams

What is this thread supposed to prove? That UCLA accepts transfer credits from University of Phoenix?
Larry Michael is Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #38
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Ok, I lived in Hawaii for 10 years. And the ONLY football we got there was the Pro Bowl.

I was able to attend 8 of them. And the funnest thing about the Pro Bowl is not the game, but all the fan events leading up to the game during Pro Bowl Week.

One of those events being "Fan Day" at Aloha Stadium. That is when all the players show up in thier Pro Bowl Jerseys and greet fans, take pictures, sign autographs etc.

Yeah, I am a die hard Cowboys fan, and Irvin was AWESOME to the fans there. Emmitt Smith was even better, never missed an autograph, picture or handshake.

Aikman, that pri*k, came out of the locker room, walked straight under the goal posts into the middle of the field and started tossing a football around with some guys on the field. He never, ever even acknowledged that the fans were even there. Folks were calling out to him over and over to come over, and he would not even wave or even look thier way, just did his thing in his little world.

Great QB, and fantastic commentator.

But still a prick.
Not surprised by this at all... Aikman always struck me as a patrician type through and through... no time at all for the "lower classes."

... to give props where they're due he's better than most of the commentators.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:57 AM   #39
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Let the record state that I don't share my dissenting opinion with this person. The views stated in his quote are not shared by me or any other person who rationally dissented against the common affinity shared for Aikman by members of this board during this thread.

While one may find humor in the imagery of sodomy between the two, I can't in good conscious condone the use of such graphic vernacular just to defame the former cowboy quarterback.

Also, I'm no psychic but you may be getting banned soon. Not a sermon, just a thought.
You sir are a psychic
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #40
Carnage
Special Teams

Seriously though, does anybody else think Joe Buck might actually be in love with Troy Aikman? They remind me of Smithers and Burns.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #41
SkinDogg
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
And you are not as anti-cowboy as me.
Okay, you win. You get a cookie.
SkinDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #42
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

You gotta like Randall Godfrey too

Former Bulldogs return for unfinished business -- a degree | ajc.com
Old 02-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #43
53Fan
Franchise Player

Sounds like he has his hands full. Good for you Randall!