Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

wade phillips wow

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #61
scott.sharrer
Camp Scrub

Re: wade phillips wow

I really do understand everyone's frustration. But wasn't the focal point of redskins fans for years now to get the front office and coaching staff formed and keep them for a period of time instead of all the coaching positions being a revolving door?

I am not saying I fully support Haslett, because I actually don't like the guy, never have, but to can him already will just go against everything we have asked for as a fan base, consistency in the organization
scott.sharrer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #62
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
A quote from London Fletcher....

I guess continuity is not the key. We definitly should fire Haslett and bring in yet another coach. Heck it used to be every 3 or 4 yrs we changed HC's. We got that number down to 2 years. Might as well see if we can get that number down to less then a year.

I agree with London.

There HAVE been some improvements from last season. Turnovers are WAY up. We're getting to QBs.

We're just giving up a TON of yardage but we're better than a 31st-ranking (or are we last after that Philly debacle?)

Most teams have a rocky transition to 3-4 but in the end, it's usually an upgrade to be in the 3-4.

Patience. Haslett CAN coach. He didn't have every part he needed for the transition but we're working on that.

I don't think I could stomach seeing Wade on our sideline.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #63
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Haslett just dosen't have all the pieces yet remember Rome wasn't built in a day.
Will he last until he get's them? That is the question.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #64
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCtoAZ View Post
The point is ... Jlc has no clue about the info regarding wade coming to dc ... That's just complete rumor mill bs

And of course you will now tell all of us just how you know your assertion that "Jason LaCanfora has no clue about the info regarding Wade coming to DC" is absolutely correct...

Let me be clear. I have no information related to Wade Phillips getting any job with the Redskins now or in the near future. I do know that Jason LaCanfora has plenty of access within the NFL. So, when he reports something, I take it for what it is - - in this case, a rumor that he has heard from more than one person.

Will you share with us how you know as of Nov 18, 2010 that he is clueless on this?
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #65
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I agree with London.

There HAVE been some improvements from last season. Turnovers are WAY up. We're getting to QBs.

We're just giving up a TON of yardage but we're better than a 31st-ranking (or are we last after that Philly debacle?)

Most teams have a rocky transition to 3-4 but in the end, it's usually an upgrade to be in the 3-4.

Patience. Haslett CAN coach. He didn't have every part he needed for the transition but we're working on that.

I don't think I could stomach seeing Wade on our sideline.
21 points was what we were coughing up prior to Philly. 21.6 points was what we were coughing up last year.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #66
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Out side of Rak and 2-3 others I don't want anyone back.
Sorry but it doesn't work that way.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #67
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveskinsinwv View Post
NFL Network's Jason La Canfora suggests that former Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips' next landing spot could be Washington as def cor....haslett needs to go ..what do you skins fans think

all due respect but ....got a link?
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #68
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think wade is a great D Cord but I doubt we fire haslett after 1 yr.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #69
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
And of course you will now tell all of us just how you know your assertion that "Jason LaCanfora has no clue about the info regarding Wade coming to DC" is absolutely correct...

Let me be clear. I have no information related to Wade Phillips getting any job with the Redskins now or in the near future. I do know that Jason LaCanfora has plenty of access within the NFL. So, when he reports something, I take it for what it is - - in this case, a rumor that he has heard from more than one person.

Will you share with us how you know as of Nov 18, 2010 that he is clueless on this?
Reporting a rumor as news makes you clueless....JLC does not know 100% fact where Wade will end up, so why say anything?
JLC should work for TMZ or National Enquirer.

Here I will create a JLC story,
This just in....I over heard from a well placed source eavesdropping outside the door at the NFL meetings that Wade Phillips will be considered for the defensive coordinator position for any NFL team that has an underperforming defense." Call me captain obvious.
I can do what JLC does.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #70
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Just because JLC has contacts, doesn't mean he can't and doesn't speculate sometimes. He could have said wade to dc just because he thinks it's a possibility, not based on any inside info. You'll hear Mort say this often, or you won't because people usually miss it, but he'll say "I haven't spoken to anyone about this or heard that it's a rumor so don't take it as such, but I think you might see the Redskins go after David Harris in free agency"
Old 11-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #71
Defensewins
Playmaker

My favorite JLC moment came seeing JLC sour puss face after the NFL Draft. He all but assured that Haynesworth would be dealt and hung his hat on that possibility. JLC kept talking about his well placed sources.
JLC was the Haynesworth Show on NFL network days leading to the draft. He milked that thing dry.
The next day after the draft JLC had this look like he found out his wife is cheating on him.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:50 AM   #72
skins89moss
Playmaker

You can bring back Vince Lambardi to coach this team and we will still be terrible with the old vets and lack of quility draft picks we have given away for next to nothing. I say be patient and take our lumps until we get better players to fit the offense and defense schemes. We have to rebuild if we want long term success. This player here and a trade there has not worked the last 10 years. Fire and hire a coach every 3 yrs has not worked either. Coaches coach and Players play with that said we need players.