The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-31-2022, 11:14 AM   #76
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
He definitely doesn't have that capital. He had to borrow money to buy out his minority owners. I think the disconcerting thing is the state legislature doesn't see a long term viability of the team.
League would have to approve another debt waiver?

Or no, maybe thats just for ownership of the team and the league doesnt care about how much debt an owner has tied to a stadium?

Snyder accruing debt might be the way to get him out.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-31-2022, 11:14 AM   #77
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Surprised hes not in on the Broncos. Up for sale. Bezos "made" 19B in one day last month.

LOL, stupid money.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:58 PM   #78
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ssible-stadium

Dan just dropped 100 million to buy a site in Prince William County - not far from where I live. Woo - short drive. Boo - more traffic. If it's the site I'm thinking of it's very near 95, which will have no problem whatsoever accommodating the additional traffic
Old 05-23-2022, 02:27 PM   #79
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...44510407495172

I guess it is the Dumfries site. Fuck. Hope someone has a plan to deal with all that traffic.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:27 PM   #80
Redskins 2021
Camp Scrub

The land he just bought for 100 million I hope he plans to use for a project after he sells the team. Once he sells he will have a ton of cash and will need a project.
Redskins 2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 02:35 PM   #81
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...44510407495172

I guess it is the Dumfries site. Fuck. Hope someone has a plan to deal with all that traffic.

JHC, can you imagine having a Super Bowl there???WTF?
Old 05-24-2022, 04:58 AM   #82
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
JHC, can you imagine having a Super Bowl there???WTF?
People who were able to purchase SB tickets will find a way to get there, won't they ?
"Jeez I got 2 tickets to the SB, but I saw its a 47min drive from DC so I think I'll pass"

To be fair, I don't have a lot of intel in mind to compare it to other NFL stadiums. I personnally thought FedEx was nice and didn't thought the walk from the subway station was that long. Anyway.

How does it look in terms of public transportation to get there ? Is car the only way to go? Would the team put a bus service in place for fans from and to DC and/or the nearest station ?

EDIT : Anyway, the site seems to be in Woodbridge, not Dumfries. Per Keim (via Galdi's pod)

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 05-24-2022 at 05:17 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:50 AM   #83
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
People who were able to purchase SB tickets will find a way to get there, won't they ?
"Jeez I got 2 tickets to the SB, but I saw its a 47min drive from DC so I think I'll pass"

To be fair, I don't have a lot of intel in mind to compare it to other NFL stadiums. I personnally thought FedEx was nice and didn't thought the walk from the subway station was that long. Anyway.

How does it look in terms of public transportation to get there ? Is car the only way to go? Would the team put a bus service in place for fans from and to DC and/or the nearest station ?

EDIT : Anyway, the site seems to be in Woodbridge, not Dumfries. Per Keim (via Galdi's pod)
Talking about the infrastructure and the people who call that place home , screw anyone who would buy super bowl tickets.
Interstate 95 is 3 lanes each way in that area with express lanes depending on time of day not the 8 lanes it is where it is now and even that with metro it's still a pain on game day. No Metro and what's the closest Airport to it? When they were talking Crystal City or Arlington it made sense even out by Dullas made sense but this location IMO just doesn't. Don't get me wrong the team deserves new digs but as far as location it makes no sense.
Old 05-24-2022, 06:13 AM   #84
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Talking about the infrastructure and the people who call that place home , screw anyone who would buy super bowl tickets.
Interstate 95 is 3 lanes each way in that area with express lanes depending on time of day not the 8 lanes it is where it is now and even that with metro it's still a pain on game day. No Metro and what's the closest Airport to it? When they were talking Crystal City or Arlington it made sense even out by Dullas made sense but this location IMO just doesn't. Don't get me wrong the team deserves new digs but as far as location it makes no sense.
Oh you mean it's gonna a logistical mess and impact people in the area ?

I'm curious, Dumfries got a lot of bad reactions, does Woodbridge make any difference to you guys ?
It seems to be "only" 12 miles further from DC than FedEx field, and 10 miles closer than Dumfries. 30 min drives per google map.
Old 05-24-2022, 06:46 AM   #85
irish
Playmaker

Springfield would be the "closest" Metro station. Reagan National would be the closest airport. Richmond airport is an option and might be good because one might be heading against traffic to and from the game.

I can imagine the field day reporters would have with a Super Bowl there. The Quality Inn and Waffle House jokes would be great. Who wouldn't want to spend a weekend at an exit off 95.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:02 AM   #86
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The current location was terrible and the stadium was a shithole and the worst game day experience I ever had as a fan…that includes trips to the Meadowlands.

It can only get better. Dumfries was too far, Woodbridge will be better. I’m optimistic

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:05 AM   #87
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Springfield would be the "closest" Metro station. Reagan National would be the closest airport. Richmond airport is an option and might be good because one might be heading against traffic to and from the game.

I can imagine the field day reporters would have with a Super Bowl there. The Quality Inn and Waffle House jokes would be great. Who wouldn't want to spend a weekend at an exit off 95.
Waffle House rules…do they still have Anita’s up there? That’s the only place I miss up there.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:27 AM   #88
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

The shift to Prince Dubs makes some sense. The Commanders are drawing less and less from the DM(V) and more from Virginia. A shift closer to Richmond accommodates more of the season ticket holders.

Aesthetically it is hot trash and goes against the rationale of building a stadium with a scenic city background and reaching a younger more metropolitan audience which is what I would prefer.
Old 05-24-2022, 07:50 AM   #89
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Oh you mean it's gonna a logistical mess and impact people in the area ?

I'm curious, Dumfries got a lot of bad reactions, does Woodbridge make any difference to you guys ?
It seems to be "only" 12 miles further from DC than FedEx field, and 10 miles closer than Dumfries. 30 min drives per google map.
Yes. Heard on WTOP coming into work the The team bought the rights to the property but haven't purchased it yet, I'm no real estate expert what does that mean?
Old 05-24-2022, 07:58 AM   #90
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Waffle House rules…do they still have Anita’s up there? That’s the only place I miss up there.
If Anita's is still around I haven't seen it.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote