Campbell's numbers dont lie

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #61
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
He also has the most passing attempts in anyone in the group and the least TDs.

Again, It's not all his fault but it's pretty much the same shit that got Brunell run out of town.
Damn...good call. I just commented from reading the first post not reading the other 4 pages, didn't expect anyone else to bring Brunell up. Good job.

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #62
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I do agree people need to get off his back already. Our problems right now run much deeper than who's playing QB. He's one of our lone bright spots so far.
First sentence OK, second sentence dead on, third sentence is not accurate. He's NOT a bright spot. If he stepped up and won us a game, then yes, I'd say he was, but he disappeared when we needed him most. Don't know why Campbell's lease is sooooo long when others have had no leash at all.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #63
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Okay say stats do lie. In the list that he mentioned by the OP which one of those QBs do you think is not a good QB?
They're all good. But their teams don't avergae 13 points a game either. Like I said. JC has to take some of the blame for that. But it's not all on him either.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #64
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
First sentence OK, second sentence dead on, third sentence is not accurate. He's NOT a bright spot. If he stepped up and won us a game, then yes, I'd say he was, but he disappeared when we needed him most. Don't know why Campbell's lease is sooooo long when others have had no leash at all.
Didn't Brandon Lloyd last two years on this team? Now there's a guy who actually never accomplished anything.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #65
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
They're all good. But their teams don't avergae 13 points a game either. Like I said. JC has to take some of the blame for that. But it's not all on him either.
I'd agree with you if I thought he shouldered some of the blame for the red zone struggles. But how many times has he missed a play in the end zone this year? I don't think he has.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #66
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Funny how you'll go to the numbers until they don't support your argument. Then they are worthless.

Matty's using fact-based assertions and you aren't. You can't tell him he's wrong.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #67
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
So what's the solution? Get rid of all of them just to prove a point? Or try to separate the non-contributors from the ones who can help us win in the future?

I agree that keeping all hands on deck while trying to add different forms of talent is not leading to the place we want it to. But what should we change first?
In some ways, I feel like we could be staring at the 1993/1994 seasons all over again. We're old at some pretty pivotal positions, and getting old and ineffective at others. The rest who aren't old just aren't all that great.

And as much as I don't want this to be the case, it looks to me like those three second rounders from a year ago just aren't going to pan out.

This owner doesn't have the patience to go through a complete overhaul and rebuilding process. Instead, he keeps adding pieces to a core that's going to fall apart at some point anyway, and we never really get anywhere. And again, I maintain that the core just isn't very good.

I think it's time to blow the whole thing up.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #68
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I'd agree with you if I thought he shouldered some of the blame for the red zone struggles. But how many times has he missed a play in the end zone this year? I don't think he has.
He had a few dropped on him and he's also missed some guys that were open. Maybe not in the red zone but for some long pass plays. So yeah even though he completes a lot of his passes, his stats look good, we're not getting in the end zone. You can't win in the NFL with an offense that scores 13 points a game. That is just embarrassing.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #69
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
In some ways, I feel like we could be staring at the 1993/1994 seasons all over again. We're old at some pretty pivotal positions, and getting old and ineffective at others. The rest who aren't old just aren't all that great.

And as much as I don't want this to be the case, it looks to me like those three second rounders from a year ago just aren't going to pan out.

This owner doesn't have the patience to go through a complete overhaul and rebuilding process. Instead, he keeps adding pieces to a core that's going to fall apart at some point anyway, and we never really get anywhere. And again, I maintain that the core just isn't very good.

I think it's time to blow the whole thing up.
Alright, but even blowing the whole thing up never implies getting rid of 53 players in a single offseason.

So what do you rebuild first? A lot of teams start with the passing offense, but that's a weird situation for us because few teams that lose as consistently as we do have been able to have a source of passing offense each of the last five years (well, 2007 is debatable). So, do we start by tearing up the defense? The offensive line? The running game?

If we choose to rebuild, which seems like a reasonable option, I'm not even sure where we would begin. We don't have a lot of money tied up in our passing game, but that's been our only bright spot this year. And our receivers are, if nothing else, young.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #70
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He had a few dropped on him and he's also missed some guys that were open. Maybe not in the red zone but for some long pass plays. So yeah even though he completes a lot of his passes, his stats look good, we're not getting in the end zone. You can't win in the NFL with an offense that scores 13 points a game. That is just embarrassing.
No, we need to score more than 13 PPG, but the truth is that the difference between 13 PPG and 19 PPG is just a play or two a game. And sometimes, that can be as simple as having no false starts, kind of like the Giants game.

The last two games, since Thomas got injured, procedure penalties have been kind of a disaster. The offense has regressed since week one and unfortunately, there's no end in sight. I think Campbell can pick up some of the slack, but we're a .500 offense in a best case scenario.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #71
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

FIRST, we need to play the young guys and SEE what we have?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #72
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

I think changes need to be made if the offense keeps up the lack of scoring. If that means putting in Collins then so be it. He gets the ball out quicker so maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #73
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Thanks for posting this I have been saying this for a while. Even his stretch last year when he didn't throw an interception for a while. He led the NFL with the "least ints for a minimum of 500 passes thrown. But we will just run him off then he will come back to hunt us landing somewhere in the NFC. Write it down.

People say he doesn't have a quick release. You can't have a quick release when no one is open. You usually hold on the ball too long when no one is open not just because you like how it feels in your hand. JC can't read defenses. How do people know this? He is not a leader? He lead his team to a national championship in college. People just love to hate on this board. Any QB placed in this position would not produce. Maybe if he was a running Qb like Vick and that's only because they would balance out thing with rushing yards. By that meaning when no one is open they can run and when the o-line breaks down they can run.

Quote from Tony Dungy and I would think he knows more about football than all of us.

Dungy: "It's not always getting the best players. It's building a good team, building a team that everyone has confidence in, and, right now, they don't have confidence." My take: Harrison faced Campbell so his comments are telling. But Dungy is more accurate, that this is bigger than the quarterback. The Redskins can change the QB after this season as well as the coach. If the culture doesn't change, the future won't be much different.

He didn't lead Auburn to a National Championship. They got screwed and played my Hokies in the Sugar Bowl and won barely.
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #74
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Rebuilding would have been a much more sensible option if we hadn't thrown a few billion dollars at Hall and Haynesworth. Now, since you are paying that money no matter what, I don't know how you rebuild at the same time.

If there's one thing that has frustrated me about the last five years of the Redskins, it's the complete dismissal of needing a 'Plan B' because of the undying confidence that 'Plan A' will work.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #75
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Didn't Brandon Lloyd last two years on this team? Now there's a guy who actually never accomplished anything.
We didn't rely on Lloyd though...he was a non factor while Campbell touches the ball on every offensive play. That's a really weak arguement.