All things Middle East related

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #556
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
Ignorant and retarded comment, if you don't know what you are talking about please STFU!
Fuck off. Clearly I don't know much about the layout of this particular building, so rather than being an asshole why don't you enlighten me?

Yes, I just read the article that said there is a train station connected to the building that can't be secured and that's where it happened so whatever. The article also mentioned that bags were being checked at the concert, but again, there is an unsecured train station in the building where it is impossible to maintain a constant security presence. The beauty of the internet is that as new details get released, you are able to get an idea of the bigger picture.

I assume if you're a local to the area, you knew all that already and just decided to be an asshole anyways. Forgive me for not knowing the exact circumstances of the situation, dick.

Advertisements
Old 05-23-2017, 04:05 PM   #557
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Trump isnt a politician and he wasnt hired because he was one.
So he isnt going to speak like one.
And he can call them milk toast poo poo heads for all I care as long as he finds a way to kill them.
At least hes not dismissing them like the last guy did.

This is BS and you know it.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #558
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
From what I read the blast took place outside of the security zone but was in the building.
My local arena for example has a large foyer area with concessions, ticket sales and an assembly area that is a public area. You dont need tickets at this point so you dont go thru any security. I assume that it was similar to Manchester.
Its going to get to the point where will will have to rope off the whole city block to stop these kind of bombings.
I'm not sure there's any solution that doesn't invade people's privacy. I doubt anyone that uses the train station likes the idea of their bags being checked during major public events. Just a shit situation all around.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:08 PM   #559
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Trump isnt a politician and he wasnt hired because he was one.
So he isnt going to speak like one.
And he can call them milk toast poo poo heads for all I care as long as he finds a way to kill them.
At least hes not dismissing them like the last guy did.
If you're going to make outlandish statements at least back them up. Sources please.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:09 PM   #560
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
Ignorant and retarded comment, if you don't know what you are talking about please STFU!

I realize you might be upset with the situation being it happen in Manchester but this is a website where people discuss and disagree on all sorts of things .Calm down and discuss.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:12 PM   #561
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If you're going to make outlandish statements at least back them up. Sources please.
Chico already posted it, its a pretty famous statement.
Post #523 in this thread.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #562
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Chico already posted it, its a pretty famous statement.
Post #523 in this thread.
Ah, you meant the initial time when he didn't take them seriously, not afterwards when he devoted infinitely more time and resources to actually fighting them. Gotcha.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:31 PM   #563
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Ah, you meant the initial time when he didn't take them seriously, not afterwards when he devoted infinitely more time and resources to actually fighting them. Gotcha.
Yep, he certainly did better down the stretch.
He made good use of drone strikes.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:01 PM   #564
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was more referring to 2008-2010ish, when ISIS was still a relatively unknown thing, and the shitshow that was our economy was priority A. IIRC the comments about ISIS being a JV squad were made after that but I already said that's a fuckup on Obama's part, so I'm not sure what more you are looking for.

And can we please not act like being president of the most powerful country on Earth is not a full time job and then some? Idc who is President, Trump or Obama, there is a reason Obama's days were planned down to the minute. Trump seems more like a "I'm gonna wing it" kinda guy but point is, it's not like Obama was relaxing and some staffer was like "hey maybe you should check out this whole ISIS thing" and he was like, "ehhh I'll get to it when I get to it."

Well trump framed the argument well with the Saudis and other Muslim nations...this is good vs evil. I woulda taken a step further and spoke directly to the Islamic faith and said Wahhabism is pure satanic evil shit that has poisoned your religion. Because, well it's true.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:46 PM   #565
InsanePianist21
Camp Scrub

Did anyone read about the Saudi crackdown last month?
InsanePianist21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:02 PM   #566
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanePianist21 View Post
Did anyone read about the Saudi crackdown last month?
Little bit...corruption crackdown is almost unheard of over there...Also another interesting change is the fact women will be able to drive in Saudi Arabia. The biggest thing holding back the Middle East is gender inequality. It’s absolutely brutal for women over there...

He Gets Us
Old 11-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #567
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...15P?ocid=ientp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Bibi_blasphemy_case

Bibi was convicted of blasphemy in 2010 for allegedly making derogatory remarks about Islam after neighbors objected to her drinking water from their glass because she was not Muslim. She always denied having committed blasphemy

Bibi had spent eight years on death row before the court overturned her conviction and ordered her to be freed.

further reading: Blasphemy: A Memoir: Sentenced to Death over a Cup of Water (2013, ISBN 1613748892).

ive followed this case...a small example of everything that is wrong with that culture and the middle east in general.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:01 PM   #568
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...15P?ocid=ientp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Bibi_blasphemy_case

Bibi was convicted of blasphemy in 2010 for allegedly making derogatory remarks about Islam after neighbors objected to her drinking water from their glass because she was not Muslim. She always denied having committed blasphemy

Bibi had spent eight years on death row before the court overturned her conviction and ordered her to be freed.

further reading: Blasphemy: A Memoir: Sentenced to Death over a Cup of Water (2013, ISBN 1613748892).

ive followed this case...a small example of everything that is wrong with that culture and the middle east in general.
You'll find no argument from me on this one. I can talk shit about 'Murica all day but I'm thankful we don't live in an area like that.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:12 PM   #569
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
You'll find no argument from me on this one. I can talk shit about 'Murica all day but I'm thankful we don't live in an area like that.
Its like...finally justice for her...BUT now you have very influential Clerics calling on people to kill her any chance they get.

Im hoping the state provides security and she leaves the country asap.

its insane
Old 11-05-2018, 04:36 PM   #570
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Its like...finally justice for her...BUT now you have very influential Clerics calling on people to kill her any chance they get.

Im hoping the state provides security and she leaves the country asap.

its insane

This would be the equivalent of the Saudi's finding out what really happened to Kashoggi.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote