Winning

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-02-2018, 10:20 AM   #31
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
No, not really. In as long a time as we've talked on this board, have you known me to be someone who dances around what I want to say?

I thought Peter King made a good point, wanted to share it. Nothing more, nothing less.
No certainly Peter King was though.

But really, lets just stereotype all GOP racist and then mentally discriminate together.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #32
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Does this have more to do with the optics of Bezos earning millions a day while his workers piss in bottles, or is it because of some selfless act of gov't that allows Amazon to be so generous?
It's likely optics.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:26 AM   #33
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I agree with this IF you take partisanship out of it.

Fact is there should be term limits across the spectrum. If anyone can explain to me how Sen McCain, with all due respect to his service through out his life, was still an active senator when he wasn't able to physically attend Senate for a year. There should be term limits and age limits for Congress, the President, and SC.

You can make it 18 year limit for Senators/Representatives, and 82 for all positions of government.

This is incredible:https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-in...n-history/175/

https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-in...-congress/267/

Quote:
46 of the 100 Senators will have served two or more terms at the conclusion of the 115th Congress.
There are currently 32 senators who've already served more than two terms in office and an additional 14 senators who will complete their second term at the end of this Congress. Of the 46 senators, 23 are Democrats, 22 are Republicans, and one is an Independent.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:29 AM   #34
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Does this have more to do with the optics of Bezos earning millions a day while his workers piss in bottles, or is it because of some selfless act of gov't that allows Amazon to be so generous?
The irony is this...if the government mandated it, you would love it. Since corporate America is doing it...its criticized.

This is serious competition component to the 15 raise....but lets not talk about it. Wages are rising and there have been articles about the holiday job hiring frenzy where higher pay this season was gonna be an issue for demand of those jobs.

Warren Buffet knows what he is talking about and often the liberals will highlight he opinions. But its funny when the bias media doesn't push one of his strong view points on the economy: http://fortune.com/2015/05/22/warren...-minimum-wage/

Last edited by Chico23231; 10-02-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:09 AM   #35
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

To any democrats/liberals in this thread, what are like the top 3-5 policies/ideals/laws/etc. that are the most important to you? I mean this seriously. I think we live in such an us vs. them/take no prisoners world that actual helpful discussions are harder and harder to have. I'd imagine we all have a lot more in common than not, just have different ideas of how to achieve them.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:13 AM   #36
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If you are over 70 and still hogging a spot in congress you are a selfish narcissist that thinks you're so important than there is no way we could survive without you. Congress is not supposed to be a lifetime job. You can only be president twice for 8 years, no reason you should be allowed to be a senator more than 2 terms for 12 years or a house member for 6 terms of 2 years. Its absurd how rich all these fuckers get at our expense.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:57 PM   #37
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I agree with this IF you take partisanship out of it.

Fact is there should be term limits across the spectrum. If anyone can explain to me how Sen McCain, with all due respect to his service through out his life, was still an active senator when he wasn't able to physically attend Senate for a year. There should be term limits and age limits for Congress, the President, and SC.

You can make it 18 year limit for Senators/Representatives, and 82 for all positions of government.

This is incredible:https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-in...n-history/175/

We've already had this discussion Cred. I agree there should be term limits in politics.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:03 PM   #38
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The irony is this...if the government mandated it, you would love it. Since corporate America is doing it...its criticized.

This is serious competition component to the 15 raise....but lets not talk about it. Wages are rising and there have been articles about the holiday job hiring frenzy where higher pay this season was gonna be an issue for demand of those jobs.

Warren Buffet knows what he is talking about and often the liberals will highlight he opinions. But its funny when the bias media doesn't push one of his strong view points on the economy: http://fortune.com/2015/05/22/warren...-minimum-wage/
Someone might be criticizing it, but it ain't me. I worked retail for 2 years coming out of high school, have nothing but sympathy for those Amazon workers that literally don't even get time to take a bathroom break.

Bezos has had a lot of criticism coming his way for how much he's earning an hour while his workers need food stamps, this is a good step in the right direction. Yearly cost-of-living raises for his workers would look good too.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #39
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
We've already had this discussion Cred. I agree there should be term limits in politics.
lol, I don't remember. I wonder if the states could get enough votes to pass a constitutional amendment. I would think all the state politicians would love the chance to run for federal office as the term limits kicked in. I bet it would be grandfathered(literally) though, so we really wouldn't see the change for a decade at least.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:45 PM   #40
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Shockingly, despite the democratic cries of the world falling apart, SK and NK are moving forward in as fair a dialog as we have seen in decades. Of course there is no guarantee that a lasting peace will be established, but when was the last time we heard Rocketman shooting missiles or threatening war?
Speaking of North Korea and trumps failure there..........

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-kor...094527676.html

World
North Korea tells US it will not denuclearise in return for peace treaty

North Korea has ruled out dismantling its nuclear arsenal in exchange for the US declaring an end to the Korean War, saying on Tuesday that a peace treaty should "never be a bargaining chip."

The North has for decades demanded that the US formally declare the end of the 1950-53 conflict that was halted only with an armistice, saying an official end to the war would ease tensions on the flashpoint peninsula.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #41
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
We all agreed!
Old 10-02-2018, 03:52 PM   #42
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

You just love to make this shit up don't you chico? Find a post from anyone that says a company willing to pay it's workers more is wrong???

Funny you quote Warren Buffet yet when it came to the Tax cuts and he was speaking out about how he pays less in taxes than his secretary how much screaming did you do then?I'll remind you none.

Lets just read more about what Warren thinks.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...ax-reform.aspx

But don't expect the tax cuts to benefit everyday Americans
While Buffett acknowledges that Berkshire's bottom line will be helped by the new tax law, and he predicts the stock market is likely to rise, that doesn't mean he thinks the GOP's tax-reform bill is in the best interest of the American public.

Buffett recently wrote an article for Time magazine in which he explained why trickle-down economics doesn't really work.

The whole idea behind the GOP's tax-reform bill is that the massive tax cut for corporations will "trickle down" to the American public in the form of more jobs and higher wages. And the early indications are that this is somewhat true -- several high-profile companies announced bonuses for their workers or higher minimum wages in the wake of the legislation.

However, Buffett points out that historically, trickle-down economics hasn't had the promised effect. He gives the example of the Forbes 400 list of the richest Americans. Between the first version of the list in 1982 and today, the wealth of the top 400 has multiplied by a factor of 29, from $93 billion to $2.7 trillion. Buffett says that at the same time, "many hardworking citizens remained stuck on an economic treadmill." He added: "During this period, the tsunami of wealth didn't trickle down. It surged upward."
Old 10-02-2018, 04:02 PM   #43
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

go back to the when is enough enough thread G1. your act is just boring, at least mooby, matty, jamf, sdskins all try to have useful discussions. you just troll the troll roll.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #44
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
To any democrats/liberals in this thread, what are like the top 3-5 policies/ideals/laws/etc. that are the most important to you? I mean this seriously. I think we live in such an us vs. them/take no prisoners world that actual helpful discussions are harder and harder to have. I'd imagine we all have a lot more in common than not, just have different ideas of how to achieve them.
First like it or not I am a registered Republican.I'll take a shot

1) Healthcare for everyone . ACA you don't just dump it it,you fix what is wrong with it and you move on .
2)Social Security ,it's a flawed system but you don't fuck with it till you have a better system in place.
3) Welfare ,it's needed but again it's time to fix it .People should work for their money
4) We need to be the Big Player again Fuck Russia ,Fuck China ..this is a World economy but and American company should take care of it's American workers and if it won't, YES, the goverment should make them.
5) Our Military ,it is the best in the World ! We need to take better care of current and former Soldiers .
6) Education ,someone tell me why the first cuts made are always Education

7) Term limits ,including the SCOTUS

I'm sure with more time I can think of others things and this list is not in order of importance either ,just a random list to start.

Okay ,rip me apart!
Old 10-02-2018, 04:14 PM   #45
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
go back to the when is enough enough thread G1. your act is just boring, at least mooby, matty, jamf, sdskins all try to have useful discussions. you just troll the troll roll.
LOL, and you and your fuck America act is getting thin to.