Falcons postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-04-2021, 05:01 PM   #166
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Falcons postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I'm not sure McTyer has made so many mistakes so far... ?

I mean when you consider how bad Fuller, WJ3, McCain and Collins are playing, his performance didn't seem like the issue to me.
I think McTyer played ok but had a lot of PI calls where he didn't turn his head around.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2021, 05:20 PM   #167
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think McTyer played ok but had a lot of PI calls where he didn't turn his head around.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Yeah my bad forgot about those, I keep thinking of him as a rookie and go "ah that's ok he'll learn to turn his head around" when I see these DPI... but he's not a rookie ^^
Old 10-04-2021, 05:31 PM   #168
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I Know some don't have The Athletic here so I'm about to post a long ass article..

I thought whats his name was back when i first scrolled by the post. The longest poster in wp history lol. What was his screen name?

Anyway the players need to just stfu and say we are failing right now but we will figure this out. I mean really you are going to get mad at the media for saying you stink? They stink. In some areas it is a historically bad stink.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:11 PM   #169
skinsnut
Playmaker

Why does our defense suddenly suck? I'll tell you. It is the secondary. They don't know where they should be. Or they are hesitant because they are still thinking hard about it. There's a reason people liked Moreland. He knew where to be and he caused turnovers. What he an ideal speciman? No. They figured more size, speed, talent would be an obvious upgrade. Well, that all assumes they have the same know how and the same motivation. Right now, no one in the secondary is showing either. Remember, 100% of the starting secondary is playing a different position this year. This is a major mistake prioritizing flex vs continuity. I'd rather have fixed starters that are very good, then someone that can start 3 positions that is only good in one and average in others. The truth is, the secondary late last year started playing as a cohesive unit. That is not happening, therefore a 3 second throw is completed as if every throw is a one on one drill. The dline, particularly Chase is getting impatient and freelancing. Which sucks when u can easily synch your rush with superior talent. This is not just coaching. It is morale. It is attitude. You have some folks that are used to losing consistently. They lose their fire quickly.
Old 10-04-2021, 06:20 PM   #170
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I forgot to mention this but I felt like the announcing team of Mark Sanchez and the other guy was terrible. In comparison - I'd rather listen to a 3 hour audio recording of Sanchez's butt fumble than listen to him call a game again.

"It was weird - a weird penalty" in regards to the CY99 RTP call - the only thing weird about that is your ineptitude accurately describing the game.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:30 PM   #171
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Funny I didn't get to see the game it but described the forearm as awkward. I must have been channeling my inner Mark Sanchez. Thankfully no butt fumble for me though.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 07:33 PM   #172
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Why does our defense suddenly suck? I'll tell you. It is the secondary. They don't know where they should be. Or they are hesitant because they are still thinking hard about it. There's a reason people liked Moreland. He knew where to be and he caused turnovers. What he an ideal speciman? No. They figured more size, speed, talent would be an obvious upgrade. Well, that all assumes they have the same know how and the same motivation. Right now, no one in the secondary is showing either. Remember, 100% of the starting secondary is playing a different position this year. This is a major mistake prioritizing flex vs continuity. I'd rather have fixed starters that are very good, then someone that can start 3 positions that is only good in one and average in others. The truth is, the secondary late last year started playing as a cohesive unit. That is not happening, therefore a 3 second throw is completed as if every throw is a one on one drill. The dline, particularly Chase is getting impatient and freelancing. Which sucks when u can easily synch your rush with superior talent. This is not just coaching. It is morale. It is attitude. You have some folks that are used to losing consistently. They lose their fire quickly.
Agree good point about the secondary. I think they are more of the problem than the dline.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 07:40 PM   #173
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Agree good point about the secondary. I think they are more of the problem than the dline.
If the playcall asks them to play 5-10 yards off the line and give up anything underneath in order to prevent the big play - is it on the players or on the coaches for not calling the right play?

That question is rhetorical btw - without knowing the play call we can't determine who is the problem here.

I think qb's know they have to get the ball out quick - so what do you do when they do that? You press the receiver at the line and disrupt the timing so the qb holds the ball longer.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:14 PM   #174
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

I agree the secondary is the biggest train wreck unit, but wouldn’t it help them if Sweat and CY were getting to the quarterback like last year? Less time they have to cover, quarterback is getting rid of the ball before he wants to etc.
The whole defense is awful but I do agree as invisible as our d ends have been the secondary is sooooooooo lost.
Old 10-05-2021, 01:03 AM   #175
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Double post
Old 10-05-2021, 01:05 AM   #176
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Agreed, good post.

I would add some of the throws that make the secondary look bad are on our LBs for not taking enough depth in zone coverage.

And we still need our DL to produce more, the level of indiscipline by our DEs is unacceptable. They need to re-focus. Fast.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2021, 06:45 AM   #177
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Falcons postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Agreed, good post.

I would add some of the throws that make the secondary look bad are on our LBs for not taking enough depth in zone coverage.

And we still need our DL to produce more, the level of indiscipline by our DEs is unacceptable. They need to re-focus. Fast.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

Yes i left the fact that the inside backers are even worse than last year somehow out which doesn’t help the secondary either.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:49 AM   #178
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

It's a lack of scheme disguise.. Watching the film , these guys show what they are doing Pre snap.. Thta's HS Level of football smh.. JDR is old and outdated ,

Jon Allen and Payne are balling tho.

CY and Sweat (mostly CY) Sucks right now
Old 10-05-2021, 08:17 AM   #179
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Yeah I forgot to bring up Hopkins,Thank God it didn’t come down to him kicking to win the game! Since these coaches can’t seem to get their head out of their ass I’m sure they will stick with him and not even bring anybody into compete
So just as I predicted they’re sticking with Hopkins and not bringing anyone in
Old 10-05-2021, 08:30 AM   #180
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It's a lack of scheme disguise.. Watching the film , these guys show what they are doing Pre snap.. Thta's HS Level of football smh.. JDR is old and outdated ,

Jon Allen and Payne are balling tho.

CY and Sweat (mostly CY) Sucks right now
And yet our DBs seem to be confused with our quarter defense, don't they ? It's fascinating...