Good News Lavar Fans!!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-21-2005, 06:18 PM   #61
cpayne5
Playmaker

Re: Good News Lavar Fans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56@comcast.net
Not questioning Gibbs as much as Williams...Gibbs is in the Redskin Family as is Lavar....
Then why don't you trust the guy that Gibbs trusts to tend to the D?

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2005, 06:34 PM   #62
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
For further debate, I intend to refer to the precedent set forth in Rubber v. Glue.

thats funny.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:42 PM   #63
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Well if the skins are 5th doesnt that mean there are 4 other Def coordinaters better?

Nah now that he has given Lavar a chance maybe i dont wanna see him leave...i just was upset with his comments..people are talking like he's a rookie....IF LaVar can play...if he proves homself...rediclous he has proven and hes played hurt... You wanna talk about Loyalty how quicky you all turned on him and made him seem like a criminal...Dont forget Lavar was here for all the bad years ...speaking out loudly giving 200% when others weren't... so now he should have been able to celebrate in the good times too but instead this Williams told all these fish tales... and gave ten million excuses.. inventing more as the pressure increased...he basically smeared the man as far as i'm concerned.... So where's the loyalty to laVar???? Redskins???? its not about loyalty I love the redskins ..but Lavar has been a redskin longer than williams...he's a coach... that just got here ...Lavar is a Redskin ...he bleeds burgandy.....so check your loyalties...
wow.
First, no that doesn't necessarily mean 4 DCs are better, there's different amounts of luck/talent/money in each of those top 5 defenses, but being in the top 5 two years running means you're pretty good.

I never said anything like lavar was a criminal or a rookie who couldn't play, and i think the majority of people here thought the same. Its just that GW's opinion takes precedence over lavar's opinion for most people, and that's that.

I'd like to hear all of GW's excuses, he's the one that came out and said lavar is healthy, that's not why he's not playing. Beyond that I don't think i've heard a single excuse or explaination about why he's not playing besides the packages thing... so i'd like to see what you're calling fish tales and this multitude of excuses from a guy that only talks to the media once a week....

and watch who you're telling to check their loyalties, GW won 6 games for us last year, lavar won 0, so obviously winning and team success must not be important to you, but it is to me.

oh yeah, Gibbs picked GW personally and entrusted not just lavar, BUT THE ENTIRE DEFENSE to him as well as personnel decisions etc... GIBBS SPECIFICLY PICKED GW, he had absolutely no say in inheriting lavar.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:31 PM   #64
railcon56
Impact Rookie

My loyalties comment was in response to this....

you really need help, GW won games for us last year, lavar didn't. How can you be a bigger fan of lavar than the team? that seems kinda nuts.

team loyalty..read what i said i am saying lavar has been a redskin longer than williams ...i feel everybody suddenly blamed him.... acted like he was some bum saying if he does this...if he can do that...
railcon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:41 PM   #65
SUNRA
The Starter

It was just a matter of time. Or one more rushing TD by a RB who would have been anhilated by the "L". Welcome back LA, we missed you.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:26 PM   #66
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
My loyalties comment was in response to this....

you really need help, GW won games for us last year, lavar didn't. How can you be a bigger fan of lavar than the team? that seems kinda nuts.

team loyalty..read what i said i am saying lavar has been a redskin longer than williams ...i feel everybody suddenly blamed him.... acted like he was some bum saying if he does this...if he can do that...
I've never called him a bum or blamed him, so i have no idea why you'd be questioning my loyalty over something that never happened :P

and though lavar may have been a redskin longer, GW is MUCH more important to the team. Lavar + another DC (with champ) were on the 25th best D, GW without champ OR lavar had the 5th best D, so you can kind of see why i think GW might be just slightly more useful to the skins than a bench-warmer.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:13 AM   #67
KLHJ2
Inactive

OK, here is my opinion on the whole LaVar thing and correct me if I might be wrong, because I have been there before. Arrington was hurt the majority of last season, and could not participate in training camp for the most part. It takes a while to get back into playing shape. Maybe he has just now caught up to everyone else in the stamina department and is now fully healthy and in game playing form. That would explain the lack of playing time. They might have given him a few plays early on in the season to do both test him and get the early season gitters out. Then hold him back and piss him off from a Pshcholigical stand point and then unleash him with something to proove. This in turn would provoke two things. To play harder, within the scheme, and win back his starting job. And most importantly force hime to step up and be the leader that corresponds to his playmaking ability. Maybe, just maybe, I am right and our coaches know how to motivate and coach in two aspects of the game, both Physical and Psychilogical.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:32 AM   #68
Big C
Mr. Brightside

so pumped to hear lavar will see the field this sunday. so...so pumped. i can smell the turnovers coming
Old 10-22-2005, 01:37 AM   #69
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
so pumped to hear lavar will see the field this sunday. so...so pumped. i can smell the turnovers coming
GW didn't actually say he'd be playing, he just implied it... here's hoping though.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:44 AM   #70
RedskinNation21
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
I think the title of this thread should be more like "Good News Redskins Fans!"
OHHH JEEEEZ, HERE WE GO AGAIN......
RedskinNation21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:29 PM   #71
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Good News Lavar Fans!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
I've never called him a bum or blamed him, so i have no idea why you'd be questioning my loyalty over something that never happened :P

and though lavar may have been a redskin longer, GW is MUCH more important to the team. Lavar + another DC (with champ) were on the 25th best D, GW without champ OR lavar had the 5th best D, so you can kind of see why i think GW might be just slightly more useful to the skins than a bench-warmer.
I wasn't questioning your loyalty sorry it wasnt directed at u sorry if that was mistaken..i was really responding to comments cause i supported Lavar and not williams that I didnt support the team..my statement was that I was shocked how many people suddenly turned on Lavar after all these hard fought years with the skins,,, while williams is management Lavar has been here and given his heart and soul..and to read things like... well if he does this...and if he proved this ...and if he shuts his mouth... it sounds like a rookie in his 1st year.. they have forgotten the early years when he played the week after a scope or with a separated shoulder... or when Norv was saying oh we played well....he was rippping everyones ass for taking losing so easy .. Now a few choice words from the Great Defensive Genius and oh Lavar must be traded ...but sorry That Guy wasnt really meant for u in particluar... i hope this all can be put to rest now and just enjoy the season...and watch lavar rip someones head off... i know for one i am not all that in love with brunell but i give him credit for doing well...i hope that anti lavar fans will be so gracious if he PROVES HIMSELF as so many think he needs too...

in closing

Braves on the WARPATH!!!! HAIL VICTORY!!!!!!! scalp the bastards lol
Old 10-22-2005, 01:32 PM   #72
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
..my statement was that I was shocked how many people suddenly turned on Lavar after all these hard fought years with the skins,,,
in closing
The same can also be said for those turning on Gregg Williams after turning the 'Skins D from one of the worst D's in the league to one of the elite D's in the league. To me that's shocking!
Old 10-22-2005, 01:45 PM   #73
MTK
\m/

Nobody turned on LaVar for cryin' out loud.

I think everyone has presented their case as to why they support the coaches' decisions quite well, yet it keeps getting turned in to we hate LaVar and turned our backs on him. That's simply not the case. But if that's what will make you feel better when he has a big game and "proves us all wrong" so be it.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 04:19 PM   #74
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg
OK, here is my opinion on the whole LaVar thing and correct me if I might be wrong, because I have been there before. Arrington was hurt the majority of last season, and could not participate in training camp for the most part. It takes a while to get back into playing shape. Maybe he has just now caught up to everyone else in the stamina department and is now fully healthy and in game playing form. That would explain the lack of playing time. They might have given him a few plays early on in the season to do both test him and get the early season gitters out. Then hold him back and piss him off from a Pshcholigical stand point and then unleash him with something to proove. This in turn would provoke two things. To play harder, within the scheme, and win back his starting job. And most importantly force hime to step up and be the leader that corresponds to his playmaking ability. Maybe, just maybe, I am right and our coaches know how to motivate and coach in two aspects of the game, both Physical and Psychilogical.
Sounds pretty reasonable to me, angryssg. I think yours is probably the most sound theory I've heard thus far in regard to the LaVar situation.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:38 PM   #75
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryssg
OK, here is my opinion on the whole LaVar thing and correct me if I might be wrong, because I have been there before. Arrington was hurt the majority of last season, and could not participate in training camp for the most part. It takes a while to get back into playing shape. Maybe he has just now caught up to everyone else in the stamina department and is now fully healthy and in game playing form. That would explain the lack of playing time. They might have given him a few plays early on in the season to do both test him and get the early season gitters out. Then hold him back and piss him off from a Pshcholigical stand point and then unleash him with something to proove. This in turn would provoke two things. To play harder, within the scheme, and win back his starting job. And most importantly force hime to step up and be the leader that corresponds to his playmaking ability. Maybe, just maybe, I am right and our coaches know how to motivate and
coach in two aspects of the game, both Physical and Psychilogical.
You might have something there