Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Redskins Meetup

Going to the Dallas Game

Redskins Meetup

Old 06-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Going to the Dallas Game

So I've booked tickets to Texas for the skins cowboys game in October. Flying to Austin a few days beforehand and then down to Dallas for the game.

Any recommendations for the game? Considered getting standing area tickets because they are cheaper. Anyone else going?

Last edited by hooskins; 06-10-2013 at 03:08 PM.
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Going to the Dallas Game

I recommend a bullet-proof vest and some pepper spray.

http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lo...-met-life.html
Old 06-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
Hdf561
Camp Scrub

Just a question why do you want to go to Dallas to watch a game? I have absolutely NO desire to watch a game in an opposing teams stadium.

I love going to a home game but the atmosphere is bad enough there that I will not even bring my kids, I definitely would not go and openly root for an opposing team. It is a one way ticket to getting treated like crap, I mean like I said before you get cursed at, and threatened by fans of the team your rooting for at FEDEX. Just youtube stadium fights and you can see what I mean.

Have fun, and I hope we win it but be safe dude people are crazy these days. I LOVE the Redskins but not enough to risk my safety, and it is a shame cause there are some awesome stadiums out there I would like to visit.
Hdf561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
Hdf561
Camp Scrub

Also let me just add that I get it if you don't live near FEDEX but for me no reason to risk it...when even going to FEDEX is risk enough.
Hdf561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

i'M TRYING TO GET TIX. Dallas is just a few hours from me. I'd love to see us smash them again!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #6
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
So I've booked tickets to Texas for the skins cowboys game in October. Flying to Austin a few days beforehand and then down to Dallas for the game.

Any recommendations for the game? Considered getting standing area tickets because they are cheaper. Anyone else going?
ive heard bad reviews re the standing room party deck thing at the boys new stadium.

- you have to get a spot up front real early but even then ppl will crowd and crush you, groups of big guys will just bully their way up front and move you and (if your lucky enough to fight off the roving posses of drunk cowboys and not be squished to death) you cant use the restroom or leave your spot for any reason.

plus ppl just start pissing on the floors and walls bc its too packed to move aorund, breath or get out of the crowd once your engulfed. . ive watched a few youtube videos and ppl's comments.

^^ this video is what it looks like very early before kickoff. the seated sections are practically empty but already there would be no way for you to get a spot to actually see the field in the standing room deck.

unless you have decent seats to a game, it is not worth it imo.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:

You will have to be.....Thick skinned (I can tell you from experience) to go in to the enemy camp and live to tell about.....
Good Luck!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #8
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm going with a fellow skins fan mainly because we want to get away from the cold of dc fall and visit Austin. Though it would make sense to do it during the skins game and Columbus day weekend, since we both have that day off from work.

Looks like we should reconsider our standing area seating thoughts. Any other experiences? I'm sure we'll get crap, but can't be like eagles fans right?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #9
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm going with a fellow skins fan mainly because we want to get away from the cold of dc fall and visit Austin. Though it would make sense to do it during the skins game and Columbus day weekend, since we both have that day off from work.

Looks like we should reconsider our standing area seating thoughts. Any other experiences? I'm sure we'll get crap, but can't be like eagles fans right?
HATE Dallas.....Love Austin
Make sure to check out 6th street..Tremendous live music and club area. You'll find some FINE BBQ if that is to your liking as well
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote