The hypocrisy of the ________

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #76
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
U right, Senate Judiciary Committee is just as qualified to investigate potential criminal matters as the FBI.

Is it true the FBI had to get permission from the WH as to who they could interview? Idk, but this liberal rag called the Washington Examiner certainly seems to think so.
Again, its the left who wanted an fbi investigation and now cries after the fbi (which is no friend of this white house and would leak a turnip if they thought it hurts trump) found nothing.

If judge or her friend had said anything at all that corroborated it flake manchin collins and especially mikursky would have highlighted it as a reason for voting no.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #77
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
U right, Senate Judiciary Committee is just as qualified to investigate potential criminal matters as the FBI.

Is it true the FBI had to get permission from the WH as to who they could interview? Idk, but this liberal rag called the Washington Examiner certainly seems to think so.
Also, again are you saying that doctor ford purposely withheld information from the judiciary committee? Or maybe that her lawyers did so they could use the fbi?(i actually might believe that scenario, but again if they purposefully withheld information wouldnt that be obstruction?)
Old 10-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #78
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Also, again are you saying that doctor ford purposely withheld information from the judiciary committee? Or maybe that her lawyers did so they could use the fbi?(i actually might believe that scenario, but again if they purposefully withheld information wouldnt that be obstruction?)
I'm not saying Ford did anything, because I'm not her.

Phrasing should help. We wanted an open FBI investigation, which means the FBI doesn't have to ask WH permission to do their jobs.

But if I was Dr. Ford, who would I rather investigate the matter? The clearly pro-Kavanaugh Judiciary committee or the FBI?

Let's be honest Cred. The whole thing was a sham because the committee already knew which way they were voting unless of course there was indisputable evidence of transgressions. Which there wasn't.

Who in their right mind thought Kavanaugh's close buddies would back up what Ford was saying?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #79
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm not saying Ford did anything, because I'm not her.

Phrasing should help. We wanted an open FBI investigation, which means the FBI doesn't have to ask WH permission to do their jobs.

But if I was Dr. Ford, who would I rather investigate the matter? The clearly pro-Kavanaugh Judiciary committee or the FBI?

Let's be honest Cred. The whole thing was a sham because the committee already knew which way they were voting unless of course there was indisputable evidence of transgressions. Which there wasn't.

Who in their right mind thought Kavanaugh's close buddies would back up what Ford was saying?
I agree the whole thing was a sham but i also believe if her friend had in any way at all corroborated her story, even just as simple as saying she went to a party like that with dr ford the nomination would have died. When her self described close friend refused to support any of the accusation i think the whole episode was doomed
Old 10-08-2018, 12:49 AM   #80
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Innocent until proven guilty. Probably the # 1 greatest thing about our country. Do guilty people get away with stuff, yep, it happens. Is that better than the alternative, yes it is, and its not close. I really hope we stay in this amazing country where this stays true.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:56 AM   #81
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Mike Pence...................

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/new-rep...172540169.html

New report details high cost of VP Pence's NFL walkout

Mike Pence’s walkout from an NFL game last year was a costly one. (AP)
A year ago almost to the day, Vice President Mike Pence arrived at an Indianapolis Colts game against the San Francisco 49ers, ostensibly to watch the Colts honor former franchise QB Peyton Manning. But when several members of the 49ers knelt during the national anthem, Pence, his wife, and his security team walked out.

The move drew praise from the president. But many observers called it a stunt, a deliberate performance meant to whip up the base, and newly released documents indicate that Pence’s walkout was anything but a spontaneous demonstration of patriotic outrage.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #82
Back2RFK
Special Teams

All the women that are throwing fits over Kavanaugh who supported Bill Clinton when he was accused by 3 women of sexual assault. The left also treated those ladies like trash. Remember comments like "Dragging a $100 though a trailer park", "Bimbo Eruption".
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:07 PM   #83
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
All the women that are throwing fits over Kavanaugh who supported Bill Clinton when he was accused by 3 women of sexual assault. The left also treated those ladies like trash. Remember comments like "Dragging a $100 though a trailer park", "Bimbo Eruption".
No ,sorry don't recall any of that.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:27 PM   #84
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No ,sorry don't recall any of that.
You really don't recall Paula Jones, Leslie Millwee, Kathleen Willey, & Juanita Broaddrick accusing Bill Clinton of sexual assault and the attacks on them.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:01 PM   #85
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
You really don't recall Paula Jones, Leslie Millwee, Kathleen Willey, & Juanita Broaddrick accusing Bill Clinton of sexual assault and the attacks on them.
............"the attacks on them" ,no.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:02 PM   #86
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lol....selective memory
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #87
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol....selective memory
I see you still haven't bought a mirror.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:46 PM   #88
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Republican Party.

Make America Great Again by not letting real Americans vote .

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/supr...135608749.html

Politics
The Supreme Court Just Gave Its Latest Gift to Senate Republicans

The Republican Party's relentless ploys to pull the Supreme Court as far right as possible have been paying off for a while now, from partisan gerrymandering to attacking public sector unions. And in one of its first acts for its new session, the Court may have just ensured that Republicans hold the Senate in the midterms.

On Tuesday, the Court declined to hear a challenge to North Dakota's voter I.D. laws by a vote of 6-2 (with Brett Kavanaugh not participating), upholding a lower court decision that will likely prevent thousands of Native Americans from voting in November. North Dakota has a large population of Native Americans and Senator Heidi Heitkamp is considered the most vulnerable Democratic senator up for reelection this year. Per Mother Jones
Old 10-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #89
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Doesnt 6-2 with no Kavanaugh imply a pretty substantial agreement among the justices since 2 pure non conservative justices sided with the majority.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 10-10-2018 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #90
Giantone
Gamebreaker

The Republicans are just blatantly trying to steal elections now.......................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-ge...231158238.html

Politics
Report: Georgia's Secretary of State Is Blocking 53,000 Voter Registrations as He Runs for Governor
Time BEN NADLER / AP,Time 20 hours ago
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

Kemp's office blamed a voter registration group founded by his gubernatorial opponent
ATLANTA (AP) — Marsha Appling-Nunez was showing the college students she teaches how to check online if they’re registered to vote when she made a troubling discovery. Despite being an active Georgia voter who had cast ballots in recent elections, she was no longer registered.

“I was kind of shocked,” said Appling-Nunez, who moved from one Atlanta suburb to another in May and believed she had successfully changed her address on the voter rolls.

“I’ve always voted. I try to not miss any elections, including local ones,” Appling-Nunez said.

She tried re-registering, but with about one month left before a November election that will decide a governor’s race and some competitive U.S. House races, Appling-Nunez’s application is one of over 53,000 sitting on hold with Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp’s office. And unlike Appling-Nunez, many people on that list — which is predominantly black, according to an analysis by The Associated Press — may not even know their voter registration has been held up.

Tuesday is Georgia’s deadline to register and be eligible to vote in the November General Election.

Kemp, who’s also the Republican candidate for governor, is in charge of elections and voter registration in Georgia.

His Democratic opponent, former state Rep. Stacey Abrams, and voting rights advocacy groups charge that Kemp is systematically using his office to suppress votes and tilt the election, and that his policies disproportionately affect black and minority voters.

Kemp denies it vehemently.

But through a process that Kemp calls voter roll maintenance and his opponents call voter roll purges, Kemp’s office has cancelled over 1.4 million voter registrations since 2012. Nearly 670,000 registrations were cancelled in 2017 alone.

In a recent television appearance on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show With Trevor Noah” Abrams called Kemp “a remarkable architect of voter suppression.” That’s become a rallying cry for Democrats in the governor’s race, which recent public polling shows in a statistical dead heat.