Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-09-2018, 03:29 PM   #1
jamf
Pro Bowl

When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

I blame Gruden for a lot of the Redskins problems but I believe he is tasked with turning chicken shit into chicken salad.

There have been roster moves that are baffling and our draft picks haven't produced for us.

Bruce has said he wants to build through the draft and sign our own guys.
Since he's been here, he's drafted 77 players, only 13 are currently making contributions to this team.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...5110&type=team

This team lacks talent at the skill positions.
Our WRs have been a shit show since they let Garcon and Jackson walk and replaced them with Pryor and Doctson.

Thompson is a quality back but doesn't have homerun speed and doesn't make people miss on one on one situations where it seems AP just tosses them aside.

Peterson and Reed are the only two guys who can excel in this type of offense. We need more speed, A lot more speed on offense.

This front office is trying to build the team using low cost mediocre players ( Richardson and Pryor) and we are getting mediocre results from them.

It seems like the Redskins are in denial about certain players.
They had to have known Doctson wasn't going to be any good in the preseason yet they don't address it early on.
Lavaou has been a problem for years but they go into the season without a backup for him. we all complained about this before preseason started.

Excluding last year, this WR corp is the worst the redskins have had in the last 40 years. Even worse than Westbrooke, Thrash and Irving Fryer in the early 2000s!

I don't think any coach can succeed with this front office.

FIRE BRUCE!

#HungoverRant
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-09-2018, 03:35 PM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: When is Enough, Enough? Bruce Allen Edition

I honestly don't think talent is the issue right now.

Allen needs to go regardless.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:36 PM   #3
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I honestly don't think talent is the issue right now.

Allen needs to go regardless.
Ditto on both.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

A fish rots from the head down. And our head is already as rotten as it gets. Teams get their identity from its GM and HC. And that applies to us right now with why we have no consistency and all too often look completely unprepared to play. Fucking sucks.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:48 PM   #5
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
A fish rots from the head down. And our head is already as rotten as it gets. Teams get their identity from its GM and HC. And that applies to us right now with why we have no consistency and all too often look completely unprepared to play. Fucking sucks.
IMO Allen is on the way out, and Doug is more of the GM. I pin most of the issues on Jay, as he's been the common denominator in all of this.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-09-2018, 03:55 PM   #6
Burgold
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I blame Gruden for a lot of the Redskins problems but I believe he is tasked with turning chicken shit into chicken salad.

There have been roster moves that are baffling and our draft picks haven't produced for us.

Bruce has said he wants to build through the draft and sign our own guys.
Since he's been here, he's drafted 77 players, only 13 are currently making contributions to this team.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...5110&type=team

This team lacks talent at the skill positions.
Our WRs have been a shit show since they let Garcon and Jackson walk and replaced them with Pryor and Doctson.

Thompson is a quality back but doesn't have homerun speed and doesn't make people miss on one on one situations where it seems AP just tosses them aside.

Peterson and Reed are the only two guys who can excel in this type of offense. We need more speed, A lot more speed on offense.

This front office is trying to build the team using low cost mediocre players ( Richardson and Pryor) and we are getting mediocre results from them.

It seems like the Redskins are in denial about certain players.
They had to have known Doctson wasn't going to be any good in the preseason yet they don't address it early on.
Lavaou has been a problem for years but they go into the season without a backup for him. we all complained about this before preseason started.

Excluding last year, this WR corp is the worst the redskins have had in the last 40 years. Even worse than Westbrooke, Thrash and Irving Fryer in the early 2000s!

I don't think any coach can succeed with this front office.

FIRE BRUCE!

#HungoverRant
Right on,you're absolutely right but we know Snyder ain't gonna fire Bruce because he doesn't have the GUTS TO DO IT!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:57 PM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Bruce taints the organization in every facet and Grudens game to game management and leadership is atrocious. Great combo for never winning anything.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:59 PM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Talent is decent, especially on the lines. WR sucks but I'm good with every other group. AD being the best player on O right now scares me tho. U cant have a 33 YO RB doing it all, he's all of the sudden a receiver too now?
Old 10-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #9
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Talent is decent, especially on the lines. WR sucks but I'm good with every other group. AD being the best player on O right now scares me tho. U cant have a 33 YO RB doing it all, he's all of the sudden a receiver too now?
To be fair, we drafted a stud RB and he got hurt. You can't pin injuries on anyone (see Dalvin Cook last year).

I just don't trust Jay's ability to do anything, so I doubt whether talent is the issue if he can't coach.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-09-2018, 04:20 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
Right on,you're absolutely right but we know Snyder ain't gonna fire Bruce because he doesn't have the GUTS TO DO IT!!
Eh, he canned Vinny twice. Bruce isn't untouchable. It would probably be presented as him stepping down and not being fired.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:35 PM   #11
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
To be fair, we drafted a stud RB and he got hurt. You can't pin injuries on anyone (see Dalvin Cook last year).

I just don't trust Jay's ability to do anything, so I doubt whether talent is the issue if he can't coach.
I don't completely agree with this.
Dalvin Cook and Guice happen from time to time.
What about Lavauo, Doctson, and Reed?

Reed is healthy only because he wasn't used.
He is all world talent but is on a pitch count.

Lavauo breaks down every year yet we didn't have a back up plan for him so we shuffled the line.

Doctson is in the witness protection program.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:41 PM   #12
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I don't completely agree with this.
Dalvin Cook and Guice happen from time to time.
What about Lavauo, Doctson, and Reed?

Reed is healthy only because he wasn't used.
He is all world talent but is on a pitch count.

Lavauo breaks down every year yet we didn't have a back up plan for him so we shuffled the line.

Doctson is in the witness protection program.
Well the plan for guard was Arie Kouandjio, but we all know how that went.

I just feel that Jay has more of a say on personnel matters, especially after this summer when there seem to be reports showing that Allen is on his way out. Combine that with issues in coaching and developing/preparing players (like Doctson) to me he seems more responsible than anyone.

Once again, I do agree Allen needs to go, but I feel he's on the way out. It'll be important to have someone in place to hire the next HC. But some of the issues we are having right now are more of Jay's fault .
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-09-2018, 09:07 PM   #13
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I've been on the fire Allen bandwagon since the Shanahan days, always thought he wanted McC gone because he was jealous of McC getting the credit for building the roster in those days.

The way this season is going I wouldn't be surprised if Gruden and Allen are out. The minimum Gruden needs to do is make the playoffs, but if it's one and done I still wouldn't rule it out.

Allen's football acumen has always been suspect and I'm sure we can find someone equally competent at handling front office matters.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #14
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Eh, he canned Vinny twice. Bruce isn't untouchable. It would probably be presented as him stepping down and not being fired.
Agree, the organization wont say he was fired even if he is.

People are checking out on this team in droves and I think its going to get worse before it gets better. There is absolutely no buzz or excitement with this team anymore and as fans go away so does the $. That's the only thing the ownership understands and hopefully they get the message before its too late.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Question, if talent isn't an issue...where do you rank our roster just within the division?

Eagles have a more talented roster...that's an easy one. I think the Giants roster is on par with ours. I think Offensive talent we are better the cowboys...but defensively I think they are equally talented, and maybe give the Cowboys a slight edge.

To say the talent isn't an issue, that's just ignorant....borderline stupid.

Callahan, Tomsula, Kotwica, randy Jordan...these are league-wide, well respected coaches.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote