Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

fantasy projections

Fantasy Football

Old 06-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #16
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Re: fantasy projections

As much as I love Cooley, I would keep Anquan. That's just a gut feeling. I think with Saunders offense that Cooley will put up good TE numbers. Boldin, though, has pretty much already established himself as a very good receiver. Might want to consider Anquan's knee injury from early last year. I don't think you'll be disappointed with keeping either player.

Advertisements
Old 06-26-2006, 01:46 PM   #17
scowan
The Starter

I should probably clarify this Keeper League. If I keep Boldin, I give up my 6th round pick and he is my 6th round pick. If I keep Cooley, he is my 13th round pick. I am in a Keeper League where we keep 2 players. My first Keeper is Portis, who I drafted in the 3rd round last year, I will give up my 2nd round pick (last year's round + 1 is how we do it) which is a no brainer to me. I guess my real question is which is a better value, Boldin in round 6 or Cooley in round 13.

I guess I am hoping that Warner keeps playing and that Edge down in Arizona makes Boldin better.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:48 PM   #18
Biff Tannen
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan
I should probably clarify this Keeper League. If I keep Boldin, I give up my 6th round pick and he is my 6th round pick. If I keep Cooley, he is my 13th round pick. I am in a Keeper League where we keep 2 players. My first Keeper is Portis, who I drafted in the 3rd round last year, I will give up my 2nd round pick (last year's round + 1 is how we do it) which is a no brainer to me. I guess my real question is which is a better value, Boldin in round 6 or Cooley in round 13.
The sports almanac says that Boldin is going to be paralyzed in week two. Keep Cooley.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:53 PM   #19
Marty McFly
Camp Scrub

If you don't give my almanac back, it's going to wreck the past!
Marty McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:59 PM   #20
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
schneed, i agree 100%. when it comes down to crunch time, with the game on the line, good ole mr portis is definitley getting the ball. the one difference i could see is portis catching a ton more passes. the few times they threw the ball to him, his hands looked pretty damn good
Yeah and the line is athletic enough to spring him on some long screens on occasion.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #21
Marty McFly
Camp Scrub

Portis is the first back on my fantasy selection. With Fauria and Sellers, I see Portis being able to pound it in MUCH easier this year. I think that Alexander and Portis will go blow-for-blow for rushing champ this year.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:13 PM   #22
PSUSkinsFan21
The Starter

Quote:

I guess I am hoping that Warner keeps playing and that Edge down in Arizona makes Boldin better.
Keep Boldin. He's easily one of the top 10 to 15 fantasy WRs in the league going into this year. He should go in the 3rd round of most 12-team leagues and absolutely no later than the 4th round. Most projections I've seen have Boldin getting around 1200-1300 yards and 8-10 TDs. Cooley will probably only get around 600-800 yards and 6-8 TDs.

You should never expect too much from your TE unless you have Gonzo or Gates. However, Boldin is a guaranteed starter every week for your team.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:16 PM   #23
Marty McFly
Camp Scrub

I have Fitz doing more of the scoring than Boldin.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #24
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSkinsFan21
Keep Boldin. He's easily one of the top 10 to 15 fantasy WRs in the league going into this year. He should go in the 3rd round of most 12-team leagues and absolutely no later than the 4th round. Most projections I've seen have Boldin getting around 1200-1300 yards and 8-10 TDs. Cooley will probably only get around 600-800 yards and 6-8 TDs.

You should never expect too much from your TE unless you have Gonzo or Gates. However, Boldin is a guaranteed starter every week for your team.
I agree with PSU (as the lights in my office are about to go out from the storm). You're bascially getting a steal by being able to get Boldin for a 6th rounder, plus you're only giving up a 3rd for Portis. I've never done a keeper league, but I would assume that you have to cinsider who everyone else is keeping and what rounds they are giving up to have them. If the majority of the others are giving up their 1st or 2nd round picks this year, that should put you in a good spot to brab some decent players early on.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:31 PM   #25
scowan
The Starter

We are not able to keep any of our 1st rounders, so they all go back into the "pot". Of the 2nd round to 15th round (which is the rest of the draft) we can keep any player based on where he was drafted last year plus 1 round. I am kinda leaning with most of you. While Cooley would be a steal giving up only my 13 round pick for a starter at TE, Boldin at round 6 is probably better no matter who the QB in Arizona is. You would like to think that Edge would take away opportunities from Larry Fitgerald and Boldin this year, but I still think the Cards will be playing from behind most games and Boldin will get 70-100+ and a TD every week.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:31 PM   #26
FRPLG
MVP

I think both are steals where they'd get slotted in your draft. Needing 2 WRs makes a little more scarcity there(assuming it isn't a 6 team league or something). On the other hand Cooley is probably comparatively more valuable as a 13th round pick than Boldin with a 6th(again, both are steals though). On the subjective side of things I am a little wary of taking a player whose role is as undetermined as Cooley's. We all assume he is going to occupy a Gonzalez type role in Saudners' offense but we have no evidence to prove that he will or if he does that he will be able to do well with it.

I think Boldin is a the best option for sure.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:32 PM   #27
FRPLG
MVP

You have a good problem.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:36 PM   #28
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
I think both are steals where they'd get slotted in your draft. Needing 2 WRs makes a little more scarcity there(assuming it isn't a 6 team league or something). On the other hand Cooley is probably comparatively more valuable as a 13th round pick than Boldin with a 6th(again, both are steals though). On the subjective side of things I am a little wary of taking a player whose role is as undetermined as Cooley's. We all assume he is going to occupy a Gonzalez type role in Saudners' offense but we have no evidence to prove that he will or if he does that he will be able to do well with it.

I think Boldin is a the best option for sure.
It is a 10 team league, starting 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE. I will have the last pick in the 1st round,(pick ten) I won my league last year so this is my reward. I am thinking RB. Who do any of you think will be available by then considering that only Larry Johnson will be kept from last year. (Larry was picked latter last year because of Holmes going in the 1st round)
Old 06-26-2006, 02:49 PM   #29
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
It is a 10 team league, starting 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE. I will have the last pick in the 1st round,(pick ten) I won my league last year so this is my reward. I am thinking RB. Who do any of you think will be available by then considering that only Larry Johnson will be kept from last year. (Larry was picked latter last year because of Holmes going in the 1st round)
If you're only starting one RB and you already have Portis, maybe you should use that pick on a good receiver like Steve Smith or Chad Johnson, or Peyton if he's still around. The only reason I could see for taking a top tier running back would be for trade bait.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:31 PM   #30
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
At 10 and 11(I assume) I'd take best player available based on some projections/scoring system/scarcity. At 10 you' probably wont be able to get a top tier guy. You're talking the next tier(in my mind) or guys who are simply really good and not mortal locks for good season. Guys like James or Johnson may be there. The top WRs will be there. Peyton certainly wont be. I am not a big first round QB taker but if Peyton is there you almost have to take him.

I think you need to get two top tier type players there and that probably means WR.