Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Mike Sellers Fantasy Value???

Fantasy Football

Old 10-09-2007, 11:54 PM   #1
NFLeurope
Camp Scrub

Mike Sellers Fantasy Value???

Ok here goes (forgive me if this thread doesnt belong here)...

I have deeply rooted running back fantasy issues...beginning with the fact that i drafted Steven Jackson and Deuce McCalister with my 1st and 2nd round picks.

However that being said...i am in a 14 person league and i currently i have Deshaun Foster (@Arizona) and Chester Taylor (@Chicago) slated to start for me this week.

My question to the fantasy faithful of the warpath is...would you pick up Cave Man Sellers (who is a free agent in my league) to start him over one of these two guys this week, and if so who???? Thanks for the advice~!
NFLeurope is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2007, 12:00 AM   #2
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Mike Sellers Fantasy Value???

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLeurope View Post
Ok here goes (forgive me if this thread doesnt belong here)...

I have deeply rooted running back fantasy issues...beginning with the fact that i drafted Steven Jackson and Deuce McCalister with my 1st and 2nd round picks.

However that being said...i am in a 14 person league and i currently i have Deshaun Foster (@Arizona) and Chester Taylor (@Chicago) slated to start for me this week.

My question to the fantasy faithful of the warpath is...would you pick up Cave Man Sellers (who is a free agent in my league) to start him over one of these two guys this week, and if so who???? Thanks for the advice~!
Yeah, might as well. You are pretty much boned at this point.

I'd start him over Taylor right now. At least Foster is getting some carries.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:02 AM   #3
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

1) No, this thread does not belong in the locker room, it belongs in fantasy talk.

2) Pretty much I'd say no, don't start Sellers because his production is too unpredictable. Basically you are banking on him scoring TDs and you can't rely on that happening consistently. Still your RBs are kind of horrible so it might be worth a shot. You should have handcuffed Brian Leonard to Steven Jackson, but since I gather you didn't (lesson learned hopefully) I guess you could give it a shot if you're feeling lucky. I don't like Foster at all but he has a better matchup and will probably get the bulk of whatever carries the Panthers have. If he doesn't fumble three times he has a chance to produce decent numbers so the person to gamble with if you so choose would be Chester Taylor. Depends on who you'd have to drop to pick up Sellers. If you don't have anyone who is really expendable I'd probably just roll with Taylor and Foster and hope Jackson comes back soon and can find some running room behind that battered o-line.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
Cowell
Impact Rookie

No, right now there are no Redskin running backs with fantasy value except Clinton. Don't pick him up, I garantee you he won't do it again this week.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
MTK
\m/

I had to pick him up in my $$ league which has turned into a complete disaster.

Between guys on bye, guys that are injured or completely ineffective (S. Jackson and Brees) my team is royally F'd.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #6
Monksdown
The Starter

Why Deuce in the 2nd round. Are there 150 teams in your league?
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #7
NFLeurope
Camp Scrub

Everyone took running backs in the first and 2nd round...and since i had the second to last pick in the 2nd round (having had the 2nd overall pick in the 1st round) Deuce was the highest rated running back left...i shouldnt have taken him though...obviously
NFLeurope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:06 PM   #8
Monksdown
The Starter

Take into account that im an overrated fantasy analyst at best. But sometimes you have to set the trend away from a shallow position, and draft near the top of another position. I don't fully know the dynamics of your draft. So maybe you really had to pick him up at that point. I know in my 10 and 12 man leagues, he wasnt drafted before the 5th in either of them.

I feel your Stephen Jackson pain, that bit me this year too. Some rook picked Drew Brees with the 2nd overrall pick, leaving me Stephen Jackson at 3. I was thinking what a moron he was, but as it ends up, i am.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #9
Cowell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown View Post
Take into account that im an overrated fantasy analyst at best. But sometimes you have to set the trend away from a shallow position, and draft near the top of another position. I don't fully know the dynamics of your draft. So maybe you really had to pick him up at that point. I know in my 10 and 12 man leagues, he wasnt drafted before the 5th in either of them.

I feel your Stephen Jackson pain, that bit me this year too. Some rook picked Drew Brees with the 2nd overrall pick, leaving me Stephen Jackson at 3. I was thinking what a moron he was, but as it ends up, i am.
Haha, turns out you both are. I had a feeling about Brees not being so hot this year, but not Jackson. I still love how in most leagues LT was the #1 pick. LAST YEAR he was my first pick and people called me an idiot .
Old 10-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #10
warriorzpath

He's worth a spot on your roster, before someone else picks him up (in replace of a player that is consistently not producing up to this point). Stash him there for at least the Green Bay game and if he has a big game there - then he may be worth starting. Starting him will depend on how your current rbs are doing this season and who the defense they are playing against.

As for the so-called idiots that picked up Ladanian Tomilson with the first pick, to me that wasn't so idiotic based on past year performances. He performed at such a high level for a number of years now that there was no way to expect that the coaching changes were going to impact his play as much as they did.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:45 AM   #11
SouperMeister
Playmaker

I just picked up Sellers in my league. I have Steven Jackson and Laurence Maroney out with groin injuries, and Michael Pittman just went down with a major ankle sprain. Sellers will contribute little as far as yards, but I can see him having a season like he had a couple years back with lots of action near the goal line as a receiver.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #12
Cowell
Impact Rookie

SoupterMeister, is there no one else you can get? Mike Sellers will have no fantasy points this week - 4 or 5 at the most.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #13
MTK
\m/

You never know, Sellers could pick up another short yardage score again this week. Back in 2005 he was a pretty nice fantasy player in regard to scoring TDs.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #14
Monksdown
The Starter

He wont have 4-5 points. He'll have half a point or 6 points.