Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Redskins Gear

Will the Redskins ever get new uniforms?

Redskins Gear

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 04:21 PM   #31
Jesse E. Timmons
Camp Scrub

Re: Will the Redskins ever get new uniforms?

i dont understand the politically correct issue about our name. i dont see how it is derogatory?

Advertisements
Old 01-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #32
SkinEmAll
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse E. Timmons View Post
i dont understand the politically correct issue about our name. i dont see how it is derogatory?
Exactly. Maybe years and years ago, but not now, not in mainstream america. But there is a small group of native americans that try to stick it to the govt. every chance they get, and I cant say I blame them, but the issue of the name 'Redskin' should be at the very bottom of the totem pole, pun intended.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #33
squrrelco3
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
F--k Political Correctness. Two of my grandparents immigrated from Ireland, you don't hear me b!tching about the Bahsten Celtics or Notre Dame Fightin' Irish. Another grandparents was born in Canada and I don't complain about Vancouver Canucks or Montreal Canadiens. I can trace roots back to Sweden but Minnesota Vikings doesn't bother me. I am 6'2" 265, but do not complain about the New York or San Francisco Giants.
I'm right there with you...I have Cherokee all over my family tree and I never took any offense...my grandmother was almost full blood and she was a Redskins fan right up until the day she died...hell, she broke the television when Clint Longley connected with Drew Pearson on Thanksgiving Day it pissed her off so bad...

The Atlanta Braves went through all this garbage when they went to the World Series in the 1990's, it was Indian against Indian during that run...one Indian group protested the name and the Florida State Seminole War chant Deion Sanders brought with him when he played there, the other Indian group loved it and even got a contract to make the foam rubber tomahawks that the fans used during the chant...the whole thing seems a little disingenuous and attention whoring to me...if they were that pissed off how come we never hear of any protests when these teams are loosing?
Old 01-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #34
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNRedskins View Post
scowan, I like your thinking. I owe an apology to all Redskins' fans if I offended anyone. But scowan brings up some good ideas. We've seen white on white, but let's throw in some burgandy on burgandy.
We ALWAYS seem to wear our road whites, both home and away. Sometimes the other team will wear their whites at home, when they do, the Skins should throw the Burgandy on Burgandy at them!
Old 01-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #35
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I dont think we need new uniforms really. We have a lot to pick from. Heres a compilation of what uniforms are available for us to use (even though we haven't used some of these in awhile)

Throwbacks

White on Burgundy

Burgundy on White

White on White

The Burgundy and Gold (my personal fav)

But as you can see we have PLENTY of uniforms we could choose from (and probably some I didn't post). No need to try and sucker the fans out of another $60.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #36
HTTR
Special Teams

Colors are good. Name is sacred. New "stylish" uniforms are lame.

Current helmet emblem is only so-so, though. Having an Indian head with feathers inside of a circle that also has feathers is double-feathering.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #37
SuperFan99
Camp Scrub

The Giants and Jets went back to their old unis and I think everyone agrees they look better than the 1980s editions . . . I wouldn't mind seeing the Skins arrow unis or the Big R unis again, like the wore this year. Never was a big fan of the current indian head.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #38
SouperMeister
Playmaker

If The Danny is anything, he's a traditionalist for the glory days of the first Gibbs tenure, right down to the uniforms. My all-time favorites are the white jerseys, burgundy pants and helmets that we won 3 Super Bowls in, and still wear for home games to this day.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #39
Jesse E. Timmons
Camp Scrub

I like the current indian head logo better than the block R. What do you guys think about the script R?
Old 01-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #40
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

The only name change I will accept is the Bullets, and even then I'll be pissed. Personally I love the Redskins uniforms. I'm not to crazy about history, but I appreciate the classic looks of teams like the Packers, Bears, Redskins, Steelers, and Browns. Coversley teams have updated classic looks with pretty good success, this includes the 49ers, Giants, and Dolphins.

However I see no reason for the Redskins to change their look anytime soon. If anyone is adament then fear not. The Redskins do a pretty good job IMO of putting together alternate looks like the 70th and 75th aniversary jerseys.

I could go on about this forever but I think thats enough for now.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 01-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #41
BrunellMVP?
Impact Rookie

tradition is sexy. keep the uniforms the same...
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
Old 01-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #42
Campbell17
Impact Rookie

If we become the washington warriors, i might forget about them, and devote 100% of my fan support to todays Outback Bowl runner up, the Wisconsin Badgers. If they change the uniforms i will be pissed, as returning home today, i got a late x-mas present, a Cooley jersey.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #43
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I dont think we need new uniforms really. We have a lot to pick from. Heres a compilation of what uniforms are available for us to use (even though we haven't used some of these in awhile)

Throwbacks

White on Burgundy

Burgundy on White

White on White

The Burgundy and Gold (my personal fav)

But as you can see we have PLENTY of uniforms we could choose from (and probably some I didn't post). No need to try and sucker the fans out of another $60.
Seeing Darrell Green there brings back a lot of great memories! Fantastic player from a fantastic era! Greatest corner of his time, by far (Deion was the most overrated, by far)!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #44
skinsfan0201
Special Teams

I like the original uniforms too! Can't beat them, and somewhat nostalgic imo!!!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #45
Campbell17
Impact Rookie

just throwing this out there, how about a gold jersey, like UCF, but with burgundy, instead of white? Another thing that i really hate is in philly, they have eagles jerseys, white in front, green in back. Stupidity everywhere.