Nike Pro Combat Uniforms NFL 2012

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #61
MTK
\m/

Re: Nike Pro Combat Uniforms NFL 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Buster stikes me as the type of guy that will only have missionary sex with his wife because he is afraid to try anything new.

I am not for all of those crazy revamps of the uniform but I do like subtle improvements. I like most of the newer NFL uniforms over the throwbacks because they look a little more modern. I am sorry but the old 2 colors with basic stripe design is way too bland.

The cut off sleeves are more for function than for look (less to hold on to). Because of the more functional sleeves the half stripes make more sense.

As far as pant stripes are concerned I rather like the thick pointed half stripes over the long and skinny tripple stripes. It gives the pants more color.
line of the day

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #62
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Ha...this proves that you REALLY can't know anybody well over the internet.

On a side note, Angry strikes me as the type of guy who would be outside of my window WATCHING my wife and I get it on.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #63
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Ha...this proves that you REALLY can't know anybody well over the internet.

On a side note, Angry strikes me as the type of guy who would be outside of my window WATCHING my wife and I get it on.
LMFAO!

HA! Not worth the price of admission!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #64
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Buster stikes me as the type of guy that will only have missionary sex with his wife because he is afraid to try anything new.

I am not for all of those crazy revamps of the uniform but I do like subtle improvements. I like most of the newer NFL uniforms over the throwbacks because they look a little more modern. I am sorry but the old 2 colors with basic stripe design is way too bland.

The cut off sleeves are more for function than for look (less to hold on to). Because of the more functional sleeves the half stripes make more sense.

As far as pant stripes are concerned I rather like the thick, pointed, half stripes over the long and skinny, tripple, stripes. It gives the pants more color.

It's funny you mention the cut off sleeves being more functional, because it's less to hold on to, and then players are wearing long dreadlocks. To me, the hair defeats the purpose of having sleeveless jerseys. You can just yank 'em down with their hair.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #65
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
It's funny you mention the cut off sleeves being more functional, because it's less to hold on to, and then players are wearing long dreadlocks. To me, the hair defeats the purpose of having sleeveless jerseys. You can just yank 'em down with their hair.
I'm not a fan of the long hair either, but the cut off sleeves are more to protect against holding than tackling. The sleeves are close enough to the front of the body to grab a hold of and sometimes get away with doing it. the hair is on the back of a player and if he were to be held by it, it would be pretty obvious.

Now I'm not saying that the cut off sleeves do not benefit runners because they do, but you will see more D-Lineman wearing them.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #66
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Actually though, I don't believe it's a penalty if a player gets pulled down by the hair. From what I've heard, it's fair game (I don't know that for a fact thought.)
Old 01-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #67
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

I had heard that it was a part of the uniform, I think it may have changed with the Horse Collar rule though.
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #68
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Actually though, I don't believe it's a penalty if a player gets pulled down by the hair. From what I've heard, it's fair game (I don't know that for a fact thought.)
It should be. LJ's tackle on Polamalu was great to me. Player's choice to wear long hair or a baggy jersey. If you give them something to grab, they'll grab it. Unless you're Marshawn Lynch...he grabs his own.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #69
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster View Post
it should be. Lj's tackle on polamalu was great to me. Player's choice to wear long hair or a baggy jersey. If you give them something to grab, they'll grab it. Unless you're marshawn lynch...he grabs his own.

lol!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #70
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

This guy swore up and down to me today that these pics were the Nike redsigns and they were on nike.com, it was all official.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #71
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

^ well Nike has said they aren't BUT who knows honestly?? I just don't see the NFL allowing Kindergarden art on their uniforms I mean some are ok looking but let's be real that shit is ugly on the side of the pants and that 1 skins helmet was hidious.. In fact don't teams have a say in the matter in the NFL? You know some owners aren't down for robocop looking unis.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #72
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Either way they're not on the Nike site, which is what I told him, gave him my phone to find it on.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote