Around the League Week 4

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-26-2018, 10:58 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Around the League Week 4

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ned-well-being

Everson Griffen being evaluated as Vikings concerned about well-being

Sucks...this guy is awesome, hope he gets better soon, but this doesn’t sound good.

Man I’m looking forward to Thursday night football and cousins getting killed. This Minnesota team could be going down the implode path.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #2
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Around the League Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ned-well-being

Everson Griffen being evaluated as Vikings concerned about well-being

Sucks...this guy is awesome, hope he gets better soon, but this doesn’t sound good.

Man I’m looking forward to Thursday night football and cousins getting killed. This Minnesota team could be going down the implode path.
I like Kirk in that game TBH, and Minnesota
Old 09-26-2018, 11:55 AM   #3
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I'll start with the caveat that anything can happen in this league and the Vikes could very well win this game and Cousins could light it up.

However, I feel this is the same Cousins from last year and before, a QB that can put up numbers but not enough to carry the team and its deficiencies. He threw the typical game ending pick towards the end of the GB game, but was saved by the Clay Matthews penalty. And the Bills just manhandled him last week.

The Vikes defense doesn't seem as elite as it was supposed be and Dalvin Cook appears to be banged up.

Despite losing their CBs, the Rams D is still super talented and I feel their receiving group is much better than Minnesota's. I just don't seem how the Rams lose this game.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:04 PM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'll start with the caveat that anything can happen in this league and the Vikes could very well win this game and Cousins could light it up.

However, I feel this is the same Cousins from last year and before, a QB that can put up numbers but not enough to carry the team and its deficiencies. He threw the typical game ending pick towards the end of the GB game, but was saved by the Clay Matthews penalty. And the Bills just manhandled him last week.

The Vikes defense doesn't seem as elite as it was supposed be and Dalvin Cook appears to be banged up.

Despite losing their CBs, the Rams D is still super talented and I feel their receiving group is much better than Minnesota's. I just don't seem how the Rams lose this game.
But I know secretly you want to see Cousins embarrassed....I know I do.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #5
sevier2
Impact Rookie

I still don't understand the bitterness towards Cousins around here (and other places.) People just need to let it go...

Anyways, one interesting thing I saw on ESPN is that the Raiders are being outscored 37-3 in the Fourth Quarter alone. Those savvy veterans can't seem to hang for the duration of an entire NFL game. Obviously this is random speculation but I do wonder what the root cause of that would be.

Anybody paying attention to the Raiders this year and have some insight/thoughts?
Old 09-26-2018, 12:17 PM   #6
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I don't get the Cousins hate either. It just didn't work out. If any of us were Cousins we all would hate working for Bruce and Dan. But anyhow Rams are just the better team right now. I wish we had McVay as our coach.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

1st time in a while I'm actually excited about a Thursday night game. Got my popcorn ready. Go Rams!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:57 PM   #8
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
But I know secretly you want to see Cousins embarrassed....I know I do.
That already happened last week. I was giving my unbiased opinion though.

However, given how the league has been lately, it would not surprised me if he and the Vikes tear it up. They got embarrassed last week by the Bills, and we all know how the Redskins played after being embarrassed by the Colts.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-26-2018, 01:01 PM   #9
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
I still don't understand the bitterness towards Cousins around here (and other places.) People just need to let it go...

Anyways, one interesting thing I saw on ESPN is that the Raiders are being outscored 37-3 in the Fourth Quarter alone. Those savvy veterans can't seem to hang for the duration of an entire NFL game. Obviously this is random speculation but I do wonder what the root cause of that would be.

Anybody paying attention to the Raiders this year and have some insight/thoughts?
I don't think Rushskins was hating on Cousins, he simply stated a fact about Cousins.

I feel bad for my good friend, who is huge fan of Raiders. Even he knew that there is good chance that the Gruden hire will end up making Raiders worse and Raiders seem like they are going down that direction based on last 3 games. The issue with Gruden is he is so set on following only his strategies.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:08 PM   #10
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I don't think Rushskins was hating on Cousins, he simply stated a fact about Cousins.

I feel bad for my good friend, who is huge fan of Raiders. Even he knew that there is good chance that the Gruden hire will end up making Raiders worse and Raiders seem like they are going down that direction based on last 3 games. The issue with Gruden is he is so set on following only his strategies.
A week or so ago I went on a rant against Cousins, so that's where people are coming from with the comments.

However, I think for this Thursday Night, I was trying to state the facts about how Cousins has been in the past, and what I've seen from him and the Vikes in the first three weeks.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #11
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post

He couldn't beat the Cowboys or win big games and to me he came off as a phony weasel. Fuck him. Its not like something I dread on every day but if they're on I'm rooting for him to lose. Go Rams!
Old 09-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #12
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Old 09-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
A week or so ago I went on a rant against Cousins, so that's where people are coming from with the comments.
However, I think for this Thursday Night, I was trying to state the facts about how Cousins has been in the past, and what I've seen from him and the Vikes in the first three weeks.
that rant was awesome...you are correct.

This Rams team is fun to watch from what I hear...Im just looking forward to see them play...but I will slighty smirk if I see Cousins effing up. I just hope the Vikes get run off the field.

Cousins was all about the money...their consequences to that decision.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #14
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I like Kirk in that game TBH, and Minnesota
He's going against a Sean McVay team. If any coach in the league knows KC it is McVay. I will be amazed and impressed if on a Thursday night game, KC has a stellar game against McVay/Phillips and that front 7.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:44 PM   #15
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:

I was more referring to Chico's strange obsession with Cousins. Although I see the same attitude across the internet in various places.