Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2019, 07:23 AM   #31
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,616
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Reed's value is minimized by his contract of $9+ million per year for 3 years

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washingt...an-reed-12366/
Well they would have to release him then....unless the would be team they trade him to either reworks his contract or takes over his current contract....there has to be at least one team that would make this trade.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-18-2019, 08:56 AM   #32
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,931
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Well they would have to release him then....unless the would be team they trade him to either reworks his contract or takes over his current contract....there has to be at least one team that would make this trade.
Desean Jackson carried a cap hit of ~$9M with the Bucs, and they just traded him and a 7th for a 6th rounder.

People, stop with this notion that Jordan Reed is worth anything in a trade. For F's sakes.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,151
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Desean Jackson carried a cap hit of ~$9M with the Bucs, and they just traded him and a 7th for a 6th rounder.

People, stop with this notion that Jordan Reed is worth anything in a trade. For F's sakes.
I'm really intrigued by Noah Fant TE from Iowa, dude is a stud. I'd love to replace Reed this yr.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #34
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,931
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
D-Jax while also with an injury history is still more reliable than Reed and still has speed to stretch a defense.
Exactly. That was my point. He's more reliable than Reed at a similar price point, and even he was traded only for the right to swap a 7th into a 6th.

Reed is a cut or keep player. He can't be traded.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:12 PM   #35
Defensewins
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,619
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Cut Reed now!
How on earth can our FO think Reed is worth $9.6 million dollar hit on our cap is fucking crazy. Even when healthy his production is not worth it ($9.6M).
What is wrong with Allen and Gruden? Are they stupid?
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:28 PM   #36
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,018
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Reed isnít going anywhere unless we greatly improve our receivers, right now heís easily our best one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:56 AM   #37
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,931
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

The OP was updated to reflect the Ereck Flowers and DRC additions.

They continue to sit here with $12M in cap space, and we continue to see no news on the Brandon Scherff extension negotiations. I'm personally frustrated by both of those items.

There are still some helpful players out there, and here we sit with cap space going unused, and one of our best players going into the final year of his contract.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:53 AM   #38
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,081
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

I'm wondering how much a potential Reuben Foster suspension is affecting all these decisions. I see that Mason Foster is a potential cut, but the team probably won't do that until they find out R. Foster's fate for this upcoming season.

Also, I don't expect Scherff extension until the summer (Trent, RK were all done during the summer). I assume they'd want to get their spending for this offseason over and done with before they break the bank for Scherff.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:30 AM   #39
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,931
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm wondering how much a potential Reuben Foster suspension is affecting all these decisions. I see that Mason Foster is a potential cut, but the team probably won't do that until they find out R. Foster's fate for this upcoming season.

Also, I don't expect Scherff extension until the summer (Trent, RK were all done during the summer). I assume they'd want to get their spending for this offseason over and done with before they break the bank for Scherff.
You're probably right. Though if you're sitting there with $12M in cap space currently, and you know you're planning to renegotiate Scherff in the summer to pick up even more, then why the hell aren't you being more aggressive now about finding solutions in free agency. Inside LB aside, we have other needs.

Just frustrating. This team says it has a burning desire to win but it acts like it's content with 7-9.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:39 AM   #40
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,705
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
The OP was updated to reflect the Ereck Flowers and DRC additions.

They continue to sit here with $12M in cap space, and we continue to see no news on the Brandon Scherff extension negotiations. I'm personally frustrated by both of those items.

There are still some helpful players out there, and here we sit with cap space going unused, and one of our best players going into the final year of his contract.
I think others have mentioned that, historically, we do extensions in the summer. During his interview with JP yesterday, Bruce said that these things generally get done around NFL deadlines, so I don't think you should worry.

Really, there is any pressing reason to get a deal done now. There are no free agents out there worth spending big money on, so we don't NEED the additional cap space a Scherff extension would provide.

It also makes sense to wait until after the draft and post-June 1 cuts before extending him. Its entirely possible that during the draft, some team makes us a fantastic trade offer that involves Scherff. Or the draft plays out in such a way that a very talented guard is the BPA on our boards by a wide margin - possibly more than once. Or there is a surprise cut after the draft or June 1 of a player who is only slightly less talented than Scherff who can be had for half the cost. Or Scherff could get hurt working out.

These are just scenarios that make it wise to wait. If something doesn't get done by July/August, then we can start wondering if maybe the skins don't want to extend him or Scherff doesn't want to be here. But its way too early to get worried.
__________________
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:46 AM   #41
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,931
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

I'm not so much worried that Scherff won't get done. I think he will and the point is well taken that it's usually the summer.

My beef is with the assertion that there are no free agents out there currently worth spending money on. There are certainly no big names left, but did you know Ryan Grant is available? With our shitty WR situation I would think the team would sniff around on him. He's nothing more than a #3, but we need a reliable #3. We need everything.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:29 PM   #42
Skinsfanatic
The Starter
 
Skinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,333
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'm not so much worried that Scherff won't get done. I think he will and the point is well taken that it's usually the summer.

My beef is with the assertion that there are no free agents out there currently worth spending money on. There are certainly no big names left, but did you know Ryan Grant is available? With our shitty WR situation I would think the team would sniff around on him. He's nothing more than a #3, but we need a reliable #3. We need everything.
I think you go get someone like Tre Boston so we have our safeties set and can concentrate on other needs in the draft.
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:55 PM   #43
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,705
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
My beef is with the assertion that there are no free agents out there currently worth spending money on. There are certainly no big names left, but did you know Ryan Grant is available? With our shitty WR situation I would think the team would sniff around on him. He's nothing more than a #3, but we need a reliable #3. We need everything.
I get where you are coming from, but here is my thought process. Any free agents we signed now are not markedly better than those we could sign after the draft. And there are always a plethora of players cut from other teams after the draft and June 1. Players who are release do not count against the compensatory pick formula. Free agents we sign now would.

So, if the low-mid tier players available now aren't significantly better than those we could get later, WHY NOT wait and see what we get in the draft, wait and see who gets released after the draft and June 1, and then fill whatever holes are remaining? By doing this, we position ourselves to maximize the 2020 compensatory picks we receive (right now we should get a 4th rounder for Crowder).

Other than grabbing top free agents that sign in the first few days of free agency, there really is no benefit to try and fill remaining holes at this stage of the offseason.
__________________
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:03 PM   #44
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,931
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I get where you are coming from, but here is my thought process. Any free agents we signed now are not markedly better than those we could sign after the draft. And there are always a plethora of players cut from other teams after the draft and June 1. Players who are release do not count against the compensatory pick formula. Free agents we sign now would.

So, if the low-mid tier players available now aren't significantly better than those we could get later, WHY NOT wait and see what we get in the draft, wait and see who gets released after the draft and June 1, and then fill whatever holes are remaining? By doing this, we position ourselves to maximize the 2020 compensatory picks we receive (right now we should get a 4th rounder for Crowder).

Other than grabbing top free agents that sign in the first few days of free agency, there really is no benefit to try and fill remaining holes at this stage of the offseason.
Tons of the guys available right now were released this offseason. Ryan Grant is one of them.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:08 PM   #45
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,705
Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Tons of the guys available right now were released this offseason. Ryan Grant is one of them.
Yeah, and Ryan Grant was released for a reason. The same reason we let him walk last year - He's not any good. In my opinion, he doesn't represent even a slight upgrade over what we have already - and we are fully expected to address WR in the draft. So why sign Grant now just to drop him in a couple months?
__________________
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.11897 seconds with 12 queries