Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2020, 01:40 PM   #61
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Re: The Redskins 2020 draft class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
We picked up an extra 3rd round pick from San Fran for next year

If you really like OJ Howard, the team should call Tampa today and see if they would take our 2021 3rd round pick for him.

Or ... we can wait until he's cut by TB, and then make him an offer.

OJ is a hard pass in my opinion. Didn't do much in college.
46 games played in 4 years. 7 touchdowns. (and 2 of these came in the national championship game against Clemson ... clearly Clemson figured "this guy has only scored 1 TD all year, Cover the other guys, they can hurt us).

And has regressed each year in the pro's.
rookie year - 14 games played - 6 TD's
second year - 10 games played - 5 TD's
last season - 14 games played - 1 TD

Not worth a trade in my opinion. But if he's cut, and floating out there, bring him in on a one year deal, and see if you can make him into a football player. Cuz he doesn't look like one to me.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2020, 01:52 PM   #62
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Can OJ block? If he can block than I would want him. Not for a third rounder though. I know he has potential but it hasn’t really come into play yet. Is he a team player type? Good attitude?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #63
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
Or ... we can wait until he's cut by TB, and then make him an offer.

OJ is a hard pass in my opinion. Didn't do much in college.
46 games played in 4 years. 7 touchdowns. (and 2 of these came in the national championship game against Clemson ... clearly Clemson figured "this guy has only scored 1 TD all year, Cover the other guys, they can hurt us).

And has regressed each year in the pro's.
rookie year - 14 games played - 6 TD's
second year - 10 games played - 5 TD's
last season - 14 games played - 1 TD

Not worth a trade in my opinion. But if he's cut, and floating out there, bring him in on a one year deal, and see if you can make him into a football player. Cuz he doesn't look like one to me.
Howard's stats don't show great things however we need to remember that they also have Brate, and they split the snaps between those 2 TEs since the beginning of Howard's NFL career (I believe). Secondly, Arians doesn't utilize TEs well in his offense so this had negative impact on Howard's performance although it's worth mentioning that Arians did comment on Howard's inability to perform as well as he wanted to see from Howard last year so I'm not sure exactly what Arians was talking about since he doesn't utilize TEs that often.

I would be willing to give up a pick that is based on Howard's playing time - trade him for 5th round (for example) with a condition that could turn it into 3rd round if Howard starts every game or something.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 01:59 PM   #64
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Howard's stats don't show great things however we need to remember that they also have Brate, and they split the snaps between those 2 TEs since the beginning of Howard's NFL career (I believe). Secondly, Arians doesn't utilize TEs well in his offense so this had negative impact on Howard's performance although it's worth mentioning that Arians did comment on Howard's inability to perform as well as he wanted to see from Howard last year so I'm not sure exactly what Arians was talking about since he doesn't utilize TEs that often.

I would be willing to give up a pick that is based on Howard's playing time - trade him for 5th round (for example) with a condition that could turn it into 3rd round if Howard starts every game or something.

I wouldn't trade them anything ...

They just signed Gronk.
They still have Brate.

They will cut OJ.

We can try him out on the cheap.

Or ... more likely .. find a better TE elsewhere.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:00 PM   #65
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Why would they cut him when they could trade him? He def has value. Ok not a 3rd, they I would def offer a 4th.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #66
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Why would they cut him when they could trade him?

I'm sure they'll try. Doesn't mean they'll succeed. We tried trading Jordan Reed. He's shown a ton more than OJ Howard.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:13 PM   #67
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Why would they cut him when they could trade him? He def has value. Ok not a 3rd, they I would def offer a 4th.
Sure, offer a 4th, but push come to shove, I'd do a 3rd. Heck, with the 2020 NCAA season in doubt, all 2021 draft picks may not be worth nearly as much as usual.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 02:22 PM   #68
Number44
Special Teams

I gave the Redskins an A. I didn't put it on Kyle and RR that we didn't have a second round pick. I voted based on what circumstances these guys were presented with. I'm surprised at some of the negativity toward Charles. I thought he was a steal in the 4th round. I think Young alone will give us more out of this draft than most teams get out of their whole class. Love the upside possibilities of the 2 Antonio's, as well. I really wanted them to draft Moss in the 7th, but they got him anyway! I'm happy.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:34 PM   #69
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Where is AnonEmouse? This is a brilliant example of American sarcasm. It is a short post that covers a lot of ground on multiple levels, punctuated by actually voting "F". Sarcastic AF.
Thank you. There might just be hope for this place yet.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:53 PM   #70
Irrefutable
The Starter

They signed an NFL international pathway DL David Bada from Germany ...looks like a big athletic DE on Hudl....my guess is 6'4" 275
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:43 PM   #71
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Thank you. There might just be hope for this place yet.
Hey, I resemble that remark...
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 06:57 PM   #72
vallin21
The Starter

With the picks we had, I gave the draft a B.

Loved the Young, Gibson, AGG, & Charles picks. AGG in particular has huge upside & I could see him starting opposite Terry.

Got back a 3rd & a 5th for TW.

Still feel we need another CB, but we can adress that in FA (Amukamara, Ryan?) can’t fill all our needs in the draft.

Signing Moss as an UFA makes the draft a B+
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 02:09 AM   #73
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I'm really curious about Saahdiq Charles. Both Sheehan and JP Finlay's hosts were quite high on him.
But when I watch highlights I'm not that impressed, his hand technique looks stiff and slow to me...

BUT, I've proven I'm NOT an expert on line play, so I'd like to know what you guys like when you watch tape on him.

Last year we were all very impressed by Wes Martin's tape, so was I, and while he still has time to progress (and showed signs of improvement late in the season), he didn't play to the level some of us were expecting.

Most experts I've heard think he could start this year, do you guys have insight on why that is ?
Old 04-28-2020, 06:26 AM   #74
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I'm really curious about Saahdiq Charles. Both Sheehan and JP Finlay's hosts were quite high on him.
But when I watch highlights I'm not that impressed, his hand technique looks stiff and slow to me...

BUT, I've proven I'm NOT an expert on line play, so I'd like to know what you guys like when you watch tape on him.

Last year we were all very impressed by Wes Martin's tape, so was I, and while he still has time to progress (and showed signs of improvement late in the season), he didn't play to the level some of us were expecting.

Most experts I've heard think he could start this year, do you guys have insight on why that is ?
I am no expert but I suspect that hand speed is easier to coach up than foot speed, he has the athleticism and experience against top college defences, after all he was blocking the blindside for Burrow last year.

I actually thought that Martin was better than I expected last year and hope he is pushing to start at LG this year
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:29 AM   #75
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I watched a scouting video where the scout mentioned that Charles needed to improve his hand technique and his punch. On the other hand, the scout was impressed by his athleticism and his ability to mirror the pass rusher. The scout also said that he is definitely a Left Tackle who should be able to start soon. Worst case: He could move to OG.

Now for the ignoramus observations: I was impressed by his spirit and hustle. He looks like a player who loves to play football. He is a determined run blocker who hustles downfield looking for more people to block.

I was also impressed to hear from Coach how much work the Skins did to check him out as a person. I think he could be a steal.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote