Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Guice dealing with hamstring injury, questionable for start of training camp

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
MTK
\m/

Guice dealing with hamstring injury, questionable for start of training camp

As Redskins camp approaches, Derrius Guice plays down report of hamstring injury

I think it's way too early to call this a big deal, but it's still a concern and something to keep an eye on.

Advertisements
Old 07-14-2019, 12:03 PM   #2
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Guice dealing with hamstring injury, questionable for start of training camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
As Redskins camp approaches, Derrius Guice plays down report of hamstring injury

I think it's way too early to call this a big deal, but it's still a concern and something to keep an eye on.
Got me scared at first but it seems it's not that big of a deal after all. Concerning none the less.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:45 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Guice dealing with hamstring injury, questionable for start of training camp

IMO it’s very concerning and I’m still worried about the knee which clearly isn’t 100%. AP is great depth, but in terms of our offense reaching next level, Guice is key. His ability to catch out the backfield is something this team needs to incorporate...AP isn’t a natural receiver. While running the ball is key for how our team is built, we need to throw the ball more on first down and RB out the backfield on early downs is pivotal getting that done.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:23 PM   #4
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
IMO it’s very concerning and I’m still worried about the knee which clearly isn’t 100%. AP is great depth, but in terms of our offense reaching next level, Guice is key. His ability to catch out the backfield is something this team needs to incorporate...AP isn’t a natural receiver. While running the ball is key for how our team is built, we need to throw the ball more on first down and RB out the backfield on early downs is pivotal getting that done.
Agree.

An injury prone player, who the team is supposedly heavily relying on, incurring an injury of the type which frequently lingers for long periods of time is very concerning.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #5
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I'll re-post Hoffman's tweet for some context:

"@CraigHoffman

Source confirms @ErinHawksworth report that Derrius Guice tweaked his hamstring while rehabbing.

Not sure it really effects much, because he was already going to be monitored in camp. Also happened a few weeks ago, so has already had time to heal."

As JP Findlay said, in a vacuum this would not be a big deal, but given the injury, it is concerning. But it also sounds like despite this setback, Guice may not have been ready for the beginning of training camp.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:55 PM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Perine has an opportunity now...hopefully Jay wasn’t bullshitting about how well Perine looked this Spring

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:01 PM   #7
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Perine has an opportunity now...hopefully Jay wasn’t bullshitting about how well Perine looked this Spring
Perine has always had an opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I hope he lives up to his potential. I just feel that the moment he puts a ball on the ground in the preseason, he'll be done.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:47 PM   #8
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Perine has always had an opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I hope he lives up to his potential. I just feel that the moment he puts a ball on the ground in the preseason, he'll be done.
Agreed, Perine had a lot of opportunities, doesn't mean he can't become a better player but so fat he never made enough out of the opportunities he was granted IMO.
Doesn't it feel like Jay Gruden has a soft spot in his heart for RBs and WRs ? (Perine, Fat Rob, Marshall, Ryan Grant etc...) He always lists the full squad when he's asked about these 2 positions and we've seen guys get more opportunities than maybe we thought they deserved.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:06 PM   #9
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Marshall is better than Perine. He's a more complete back. But like half the roster he seems to always be hurt. Perine just has draft pick status. They should have cut him last year. Bibbs was even better than Perine.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:47 AM   #10
MTK
\m/

F Perine let's just hope AP can continue to defy father time. A healthy Chris Thompson sure would be nice too.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:59 AM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Perine or Marshall, one will no be on the roster come Week 1 unless Guice is out again. Peterson is going to be fine, he trains like a mad man. We really do need Guice to be a difference maker though.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #12
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Agreed, Perine had a lot of opportunities, doesn't mean he can't become a better player but so fat he never made enough out of the opportunities he was granted IMO.
Doesn't it feel like Jay Gruden has a soft spot in his heart for RBs and WRs ? (Perine, Fat Rob, Marshall, Ryan Grant etc...) He always lists the full squad when he's asked about these 2 positions and we've seen guys get more opportunities than maybe we thought they deserved.
I think Jay has a soft spot for everyone. I think he is the opposite of the Vince Lombardi type. I have seen plenty a play where an average coach would have greeted the player with an ass chewing coming off the field and Gruden did nothing. The one that stands out if he saw it was when Jordan Reed stood and gave Alex Smith the stink eye when Alex's throw was picked off in the end zone and the defender went 100 yards the other direction for a TD. If Reed didn't pull that stunt he could have saved a TD. That had to stand out like a sore thumb on film if the coaches missed it during the game.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I think Jay has a soft spot for everyone. I think he is the opposite of the Vince Lombardi type. I have seen plenty a play where an average coach would have greeted the player with an ass chewing coming off the field and Gruden did nothing. The one that stands out if he saw it was when Jordan Reed stood and gave Alex Smith the stink eye when Alex's throw was picked off in the end zone and the defender went 100 yards the other direction for a TD. If Reed didn't pull that stunt he could have saved a TD. That had to stand out like a sore thumb on film if the coaches missed it during the game.
I can see this, Jay seems like a people person and a bit of a push over. He may be "too loyal" if you will.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #14
Schneed10
A Dude

We've got a sky is falling mentality right now whenever we hear any injury news. It's hard to blame us, we've been ravaged the last two years, and when Reuben Foster goes down on a non contact play on the first play of OTAs, you start to feel like it's never going to get better.

But if you flip a coin and it comes up tails 20 times in a row, that's an extremely unlikely occurrence and it starts to feel like you'll never see a heads again. But the likelihood of the next coin flip coming up heads is still 50/50.

Such is our life right now. After what we've been through, you hear about a major player with any kind of injury, you assume it's a killer. But each of these really has to be looked at individually. I remain convinced that we've been crushed by bad luck the last two seasons, and that there's little the team could have done to avoid the calamity.

The chances that this screws Guice up for the start of the season is miniscule, in my mind.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:59 AM   #15
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

The only time I pull my hammy is if the sheets are tucked too tight.

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote