Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Roy Williams done for preseason

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #16
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Re: Roy Williams done for preseason

I assume at this point, they may look at Marvin Harrison.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #17
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

They may give Matt Jones a look, too. Jones had a good year last year. Harrison is slowing down.

Between cocaine problems (Jones) and gun problems (Harrison), either one will fit in nicely in the locker room.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #18
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Wow, can they even have a full season before passing such judgement?

The guy has played a total of 7 regular season games wih his QB.

But of course all those trades and high-priced free agent signings over the years by Snyder have paid HUGE dividends now haven't they?
calm down. you are usually a pretty rational person. i wasn't giving any opinion. i just wanted your take on the trade
Old 08-28-2009, 02:45 PM   #19
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
calm down. you are usually a pretty rational person. i wasn't giving any opinion. i just wanted your take on the trade
Sorry, but have had a lot shots directed my way lately (all justified I assure you).

But was in a "instinctive defensive posture" if you get my meaning.

But actually what I said is what I feel about this trade. RW came in mid season last year, had to learn a new offense without mini-camps or training camp to help. Then the starting QB goes down for 3 weeks.

Now he has a full off season under his belt, I just want to see what he can do before I pass any judgement.

He does not have to be T.O. like most sports writers think. If the Cowboys wanted a T.O. they would not have released him. He just needs to be Roy Williams and play his football. If it does not work, it is not his fault, it is all on Jones. This is his risk, not RW's.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #20
freddyg12
Playmaker

I will give JJ credit for trying w/this trade. I think RW is pretty good. In terms of what Dallas gave up, it was a lot but they had a lot to work with. They still managed to have 12 picks in the draft!

On paper, it was a trade that was worth gambling on IMO. Their problems last year were not due to that trade. I certainly don't think you can blame RW for not putting up #s.

This year is a different story though, it's obviously time for him to step up. That said, it's time for Horton & Landry et al to get him accustomed to the sound of their footsteps. Hit #11 early & often!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #21
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Sorry, but have had a lot shots directed my way lately (all justified I assure you).

But actually what I said is what I feel about this trade. RW came in mid season last year, had to learn a new offense without mini-camps or training camp to help. Then the starting QB goes down for 3 weeks.

Now he has a full off season under his belt, I just want to see what he can do before I pass any judgement.

He does not have to be T.O. like most sports writers think. If the Cowboys wanted a T.O. they would not have released him. He just needs to be Roy Williams and play his football. If it does not work, it is not his fault, it is all on Jones. This is his risk, not RW's.
You're a Dallas fan on a Redskins board...of course you're going to "have a lot of shots directed your way".

I'd expect the same if I ventured onto Jerrahsfairyland.com boards for some unknown reason.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:43 PM   #22
Clark84
Camp Scrub

Maybe Jesse Holley will make this roster now? Could only make them worse
Clark84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:47 PM   #23
D'BOYZ
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
The funniest part is that Orlando Scandrick, his own teammate, is the guy who has hurt him not once, but twice now in training camp. LOL.

it has been actualy 3 times same guy
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:52 PM   #24
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Wow, can they even have a full season before passing such judgement?

The guy has played a total of 7 regular season games wih his QB.

But of course all those trades and high-priced free agent signings over the years by Snyder have paid HUGE dividends now haven't they?
That might be a better question to ask Tom Brady.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:27 PM   #25
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:

Although T.O. is a head case he takes a lot of punishment in order to get the job done. In other words he is a physical WR. True he does not like to get creamed by a Safety but otherwise he will fight for the ball. Taking his lumps and playing week in and week out.

I'm not sticking up for T.O. Just trying to point out that Williams has not been that type of WR since he came to the league which is why Detroit got rid of him. Oh he has size and some speed but for some reason he has not panned out. Maybe he will with Dallas.

I think my big question is who's going to step up on the opposite side of the field? The Eagles have the same problem. We (and I'm refering to Skin fans) know what it's like to have only one legitimate WR. Moss got doubled all the time and other teams stacked the box. I feel sorry for the Giants who lost 2 good WR's.

As for the whole in Snyder's pocket......blah, blah, blah. He has kept it in his pocket for a few yrs now. Last yr we had to do something about the DE position due to injury. This yr Snyder understood he needed a pass rush. He went out and got the best DL in the league and best DE/LB (LOL) in the draft. Heck he even went out and picked up Jarmin. So he understood what the team drastically needed vs. spending or a name. Just like JJ did when he went and picked up Williams knowing he was going to most likely let T.O. go but wanted the replacement first.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote