Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #31
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Re: Rex reporting for duty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
I want that as an Avatar! NOW!
That's about to be my facebook profile picture !

Edit: It IS my facebook profile pic now !

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #32
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

I can't believe I'm typing this but I'm slightly excited (emphasis on slightly) that Rex is there. I've watched the Cowboys, Jags and Giants games a few times this offseason and Rex has a really good grasp of Kyle's offense. He needs to correct three things: holding on to the ball too long, late passes to the flats (3 of his 4 INT last year) and protecting the ball in the pocket. If (big IF) he can suppress his HTM-Human Turnover Machine-tendencies he can be a competent QB for us. I'd give him a 3 win advantage over Beck with this team.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #33
tomsawyer
Camp Scrub

i think that grossman will beat beck out,and if he does'nt,Beck will be on a really short leash.
tomsawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #34
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I can't believe I'm typing this but I'm slightly excited (emphasis on slightly) that Rex is there. I've watched the Cowboys, Jags and Giants games a few times this offseason and Rex has a really good grasp of Kyle's offense. He needs to correct three things: holding on to the ball too long, late passes to the flats (3 of his 4 INT last year) and protecting the ball in the pocket. If (big IF) he can suppress his HTM-Human Turnover Machine-tendencies he can be a competent QB for us. I'd give him a 3 win advantage over Beck with this team.
Great post, I pretty much agree. I've still got full games against the Cowboys (2nd), Packers, Bears, Jags, Bucs, Titans, and Eagles (1st) on my DVR, and I've been watching them in my downtime during this offseason. One thing I really noticed is that Rex really does have a better grasp of Shanny's offense than McNabb did. I thought Rex was a disaster based off the 2 minute drill in the Lions game, but he came back at the end of the season and showed he's not as bad as it appeared in that game. He still had turnovers obviously, but he made as many plays as McNabb did and he really showed he's got no quit when he brought us back from down 27-7 against the Cowboys to tie it at 30. Honestly I'd be fine with using him as a stopgap this season until we can get our franchise qb next offseason. If Beck fails, I have a slight reassurance that we have an okay backup in Rex.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #35
Longtimefan
Playmaker

I fear John Beck's psyche may never recover if, for whatever reason/s he's not successful in winning the QB competition. The guy has tried so hard and put so much work into his effort, the thought of being "the man" has become an obsession. Just hope he doesn't lose it if he has to suffer a disappointment.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #36
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
I fear John Beck's psyche may never recover if, for whatever reason/s he's not successful in winning the QB competition. The guy has tried so hard and put so much work into his effort, the thought of being "the man" has become an obsession. Just hope he doesn't lose it if he has to suffer a disappointment.
I too think Beck could be setting himself up for disappointment if he doesn't win the job, given how hard he's worked, and the common consensus is that they try to use it as motivation to work even harder to prove they belong. I'd hate for Beck to be upset if he lost the job, but at the same time, I care about my favorite team more than I do for him, and if it's better for the team to put Grossman on the field, than so be it.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #37
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I too think Beck could be setting himself up for disappointment if he doesn't win the job, given how hard he's worked, and the common consensus is that they try to use it as motivation to work even harder to prove they belong. I'd hate for Beck to be upset if he lost the job, but at the same time, I care about my favorite team more than I do for him, and if it's better for the team to put Grossman on the field, than so be it.
Amen, being a little harsh, I couldn't care less about Beck's feelings -- come in and play well or gtfo

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #38
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Marc Vercia is going to prove me wrong and become a start.
Guess you weren't too happy w/him in C'ville? I always thought he had potential & I was happy when we signed him. I think he could be alright in Shanny's system given a couple years.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #39
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Verica threw at least one pick against 7/8 ACC opponents last year. He had a decent amount of yards, but he picked that up against bad opponents or garbage yards in losses. Also too many picks....

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2010 233 396 2799 58.8 7.07 76 14 14 21 122.8
2009 28 63 156 44.4 2.48 17 0 1 2 62.1
2008 226 354 2037 63.8 5.75 51 8 16 12 110.6
Old 08-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #40
DCtoAZ
Impact Rookie

Grossman being back is a good thing ... i'm not saying he's an all pro but if you recall a few seasons ago with da bears he absolutely lit up the first half of the season .... not to mention the guy GOT to a super bowl ... i think Beck will get his shot but I feel much better have the Sex Cannon backing him up
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #41
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCtoAZ View Post
Grossman being back is a good thing ... i'm not saying he's an all pro but if you recall a few seasons ago with da bears he absolutely lit up the first half of the season .... not to mention the guy GOT to a super bowl ... i think Beck will get his shot but I feel much better have the Sex Cannon backing him up
Grossman rode on Bears's D and special teams.. Granted he didn't screw up enough to ruin games. I think Rexy will be better than he was with Bears though, only because of Kyle's system.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #42
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Sexy Rexy he's our man!!! He's got the confidence of the coaches and a far better offense to work w/ than he did in Chicago...let's all send positive vibes
Old 08-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #43
The Goat
Pro Bowl

...and yes it's exciting to watch him play because you have absolutely no idea what will happen next!!! Brunell = throw to the sidelines and trot off the field regardless of the outcome LMAO. JC = frustration. McNabb = dissappointment.

Sexy Rexy can light up a TD pass 50 yds out or trip over that long blade of grass!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #44
dblanch66
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
...and yes it's exciting to watch him play because you have absolutely no idea what will happen next!!! Brunell = throw to the sidelines and trot off the field regardless of the outcome LMAO. JC = frustration. McNabb = dissappointment.

Sexy Rexy can light up a TD pass 50 yds out or trip over that long blade of grass!!!
Agreed, but one correction: McNabb = Dumb.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #45
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE
Special Teams

There was a time where if you wouldve asked me, who I thought were the top 3 WORST QBs in the league, I wouldve DEFINITELY put Grossman on that list. The fact that Im HAPPY that this guy is back really shows me how horrible our QB situation is. Dear God, PLEASE let this be the very last year we have to deal with these low budget QBs.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote