Around the NFL Week 12

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-29-2016, 06:46 PM   #61
Bangee7
Impact Rookie

Re: Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I put that totally on McVay. Cousins makes every throw he is asked too minus the stupid fades that have no chance.
So, who's fault is it when Cousins audibles?
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #62
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
he didn't work out here, but lots of failed first round picks recover somewhat during second acts elsewhere. Do you ever wonder what might happen with him if he would have landed on a team that was more talented than Cleveland?

I think the RG3 hate here is over, but i kind of wonder if he could have at least reached game-manager type status somewhere else, instead of being literally looked upon at one time as the savior by Hue Jackson...

1) no I do not wonder because he could be in any situation and he would still be a terrible quarterback.
2) I don't hate the man. Lol. I just think he turned out to be a lousy quarterback.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:52 PM   #63
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Around the NFL Week 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangee7 View Post
So, who's fault is it when Cousins audibles?

Ok "totally" was a bit strong. Do we know how many throws Cousins has missed on audibles or how many bad audibles in general he has run in the rz? Do they keep such stats?
For the most part I put it on McVay how about that?
We have seen KC thread the needle down there. I think a lot, as in almost all, of times McVay is putting KC behind the 8 ball with his playcalling.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:59 PM   #64
Bangee7
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Ok "totally" was a bit strong. Do we know how many throws Cousins has missed on audibles or how many bad audibles in general he has run in the rz? Do they keep such stats?
For the most part I put it on McVay how about that?
We have seen KC thread the needle down there. I think a lot of times McVay is putting KC behind the 8 ball with his playcalling.
I'm sure the coaches & front office keep stats on that. But to be honest, if it was too bad, they'd probably pull the reigns back.

I think you're right that McVay should take the most heat, especially that stupid ass wild cat play against Dallas. I'm still pissed about that!
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:01 PM   #65
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
he didn't work out here, but lots of failed first round picks recover somewhat during second acts elsewhere. Do you ever wonder what might happen with him if he would have landed on a team that was more talented than Cleveland?

I think the RG3 hate here is over, but i kind of wonder if he could have at least reached game-manager type status somewhere else, instead of being literally looked upon at one time as the savior by Hue Jackson...

The guy simply can't stay healthy long enough to develop on the field. It doesn't matter where he plays at this point.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:11 PM   #66
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The guy simply can't stay healthy long enough to develop on the field. It doesn't matter where he plays at this point.

I think he had ample time while healthy in Washington to show us something more than he did....
Although even if he could play -yeah- he would never stay healthy anyway.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:41 PM   #67
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Who?
Me? I am just having a Monday conversation with French. I do not really have a problem with the rules as they are now. Not sure what you mean about not speaking English but whatevs.
It was just just a dumb joke.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:54 PM   #68
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
It was just just a dumb joke.

I know. I did not want to come across as being argumentative just to be argumentative though because people like that should be punished. Lol.
I was just trying to figure out what exactly he would want to change. I personally have no problem with the rule.
I still want to know what would happen if someone on the defense just blatantly grabbed a facemask to get a penalty what the result would be? If someone grabbed one of the ravens facemasks when they realized what was happening would Baltimore have to punt again? What would happen with the game-clock also?
Old 11-29-2016, 09:06 PM   #69
kct1975
The Starter

Poor RG3

Robert Griffin III’s Girlfriend Goes on Rant After Getting Nasty Surprise in 'Players & Family' Parking Lot
http://ijr.com/2016/11/745063-robert...y-parking-lot/
Old 11-29-2016, 09:58 PM   #70
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Let me introduce you guys to Justin Tucker, aka the Ravens kicker. When he's not being one of the best at his position (I believe he's 18 for 18 beyond 40 yards this year) he likes making awkward dad jokes as seen here:

And also singing opera:

Wow. Respect.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4b22c63d7084
Baltimore’s Justin Tucker wants a point for splitting the uprights on a kickoff

Heard this on dan Patrick...I don't know about a point, but I think if you kick it through the uprights, maybe starting at the 15 instead of the 25 would be actually a decent idea.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:00 AM   #71
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Yeah as after the Bengals dismal season Marvin Lewis days with the team are over.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:31 AM   #72
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Well if the defense commits the penalty the game should never be over. If the offense is winning they are taking a knee anyway. I think we all understand that.
So....that leaves us the offense committing a penalty. 1) If they are losing when they commit the penalty I think the game has to end right?
Which leaves us the Baltimore example - a team has the ball and they are winning when they commit a penalty on the last play.....
I suppose that the league could tweak the rules so that the game cannot end on a penalty committed by a winning team who is on offense.
I still think it is silly because it will still take a miracle.
2) My question is what if , for example in the Baltimore game, when the defense realized what was going on one of their players just blatantly grabs a facemask to get a call on the defense? Than what?
1) If they are losing then the team on defense will be smart enough to decline the penalty and end the game.

2) Well, with the actual rules, I'm guessing this would be off-setting penalties, I'm not sure wether they would have to replay the down (based on a game can't end on a defensive penalty) or the game would've been over (based on clock expired and penalties offset). With "my" idea they would have to replay the down because one of the 2 teams "victims" of a penalty (in that case the defense) would chose to replay the down. But not because they committed a penalty, because the offense did, so there is no incentive to commit a penalty. Actually it's the actual rules that are encouraging a winning team that cannot kill the clock to commit penalties to end the game...
Old 11-30-2016, 03:48 AM   #73
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I know. I did not want to come across as being argumentative just to be argumentative though because people like that should be punished. Lol.
I was just trying to figure out what exactly he would want to change. I personally have no problem with the rule.
I still want to know what would happen if someone on the defense just blatantly grabbed a facemask to get a penalty what the result would be? If someone grabbed one of the ravens facemasks when they realized what was happening would Baltimore have to punt again? What would happen with the game-clock also?
I like to discuss, forces to really think an idea through.

When you say you have no problem with the rule, that means you are okay if more and more games end the way bengals @ ravens game ended?

I'm okay with the playcall because it was legal, smart play. But I'm not okay with the rules allowing this.

Just imagine, playoffs, Redskins @ Cowboys, we're trailing 14 - 23, we score a TD with 1:15 left in the game, 21 - 23, we have 3 timeouts left. Onside kick, the cowboys recover. They don't want to take any chances so they snap the ball, Dak runs away to the 5yards line, all other 10 players commit holdings, facemasks, whatever the F needs to be done to prevent any redskins player to get to Dak, to linemen follow him around and throw white powder in the face of defenders WWE style. That for 1:15. Cowboys win.

Ok they sure would be fined after the game for some of the personal fouls. But still a legal win. I'm not ok with that ^^

That's a stretch but you get my point...
Old 11-30-2016, 06:34 AM   #74
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post

When you say you have no problem with the rule, that means you are okay if more and more games end the way bengals @ ravens game ended?

I'm okay with the playcall because it was legal, smart play. But I'm not okay with the rules allowing this.

Just imagine, playoffs, Redskins @ Cowboys, we're trailing 14 - 23, we score a TD with 1:15 left in the game, 21 - 23, we have 3 timeouts left. Onside kick, the cowboys recover. They don't want to take any chances so they snap the ball, Dak runs away to the 5yards line, all other 10 players commit holdings, facemasks, whatever the F needs to be done to prevent any redskins player to get to Dak, to linemen follow him around and throw white powder in the face of defenders WWE style. That for 1:15. Cowboys win.

Ok they sure would be fined after the game for some of the personal fouls. But still a legal win. I'm not ok with that ^^

Hah in that scenario just hit dak with a folding chair, and climb up to the top rope for the big finish!
Seriously I am fine with your proposal, it will only come into play normally on the last play. How many last play miracles are there ?
Old 11-30-2016, 06:43 AM   #75
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post

Right now there are rules for that. 1 - repeated personal fouls result in ejections.
2 - teams making palpably unfair acts can be penalized and time added back to the clock. So in your scenario Dallas would likely lose players AND give us the ball back with more time.

There is a reason these things don't happen consistently.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote