Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Still in it: Redskins-Eagles Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #16
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Still in it: Redskins-Eagles Post Game Thread

One guy that hasn't been mentioned is Arie Kouandjio, I want to see him stay as the starter at LG moving forward.

Breeland had a bad 1st half, but I thought he redeemed himself in the second half with a sack and forced fumble.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth

Last edited by SFREDSKIN; 12-11-2016 at 07:57 PM.
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2016, 07:44 PM   #17
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Redskins LB Su'a Cravens said he will have an MRI to determine the severity of his biceps injury. He said he wasn't yet sure if it was torn. He said he was in pain.

Redskins linebacker Will Compton said doctors told him his major ligaments are OK. He said he'll undergo an MRI Monday. He said it might be a torn PCL.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-11-2016, 07:59 PM   #18
Defensewins
Playmaker

Just win baby!
That was ugly today.
Our Redskins are really missing too many pieces to do anything this year. That was hard to watch today.
I will say at the risk of pissing off some, when we started the season with Kedric Golden as our #1 NT, I knew our FO was not serious about winning this year.
Our FO basically decided this is a re-building year to be written off. There was zero real attempt to upgrade the DL in Free Agency with a difference maker, that initially pissed me off.
Then drafting a WR high when we are loaded at WR.?.?.?
That pissed me off again.
I like our GM and nobody is perfect. But he has to start to re-build the defense or we will continue to flounder fighting to beat terrible teams like today. The Eagles are decimated at O-line and they nearly beat us. We are not very good.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #19
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I know Reed is playing hurt but our TE's caught only 2 passes today.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-11-2016, 08:59 PM   #20
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Just win baby!
That was ugly today.
Our Redskins are really missing too many pieces to do anything this year. That was hard to watch today.
I will say at the risk of pissing off some, when we started the season with Kedric Golden as our #1 NT, I knew our FO was not serious about winning this year.
Our FO basically decided this is a re-building year to be written off. There was zero real attempt to upgrade the DL in Free Agency with a difference maker, that initially pissed me off.
I like our GM and nobody is perfect. But he has to start to re-build the defense or we will continue to flounder fighting to beat terrible teams like today. The Eagles are decimated at O-line and they nearly beat us. We are not very good.
Watching the eagles pound the middle on 3rd and short...4th and short with a qb sneak with ease is about as frustrating as it gets as a fan. We need 2 new starters on the dline.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:44 PM   #21
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

How did I forget Baushad Breeland? He still played like ass today, admitted he was better in the second half but not by much. No way I'd rely on him next year. He played like ass for 8 consecutive quarters, there's no way I let him off the hook for the 2nd half. Did anyone notice how Dunbar was getting picked on in the second half too? Good kid but he was getting exposed too. And when he's getting picked on it's easy to forget about Breeland.

Another negative: When your d is so bad the opposing coach doesn't even have to think about going for it on 4th down, he just does. Total lack of respect, and well deserved too. When you have 3rd and 14 and you turn it into a 4th and 1, I mean our d deserves all the scorn they get. You used to love those situations, now I just sit there wondering if the drive is gonna stop before they score or not.

I will give the d some credit, we have our best record at this stage in years and we wouldn't be winning if they were giving up points as much as they give up yards. But the games where they don't get stops turn into easy wins for our opponents, like the Dallas/Cards game.

As for Everett, the rules all state you have to give the PR time to catch the ball. He didn't, at all. If that was Crowder back there we'd be up in arms over it. A good punt defender slows down as he reaches the catch spot, then waits for the guy to catch it before he hopefully lowers the boom using his shoulder. Everett did none of those things, he just went straight for the head. It doesn't matter how short Sproles is, or what angle he took. You have to give him the time and space necessary to make the catch.

I know this is a lot of bitching over a win, but this team has a lot of room for improvement. We could be talking about a loss if the d doesn't get to Wentz on the last play of their drive.

Rocnrik, just because I believe we can make the playoffs doesn't mean I think we will go far, all it takes is a good defense to shut down our offense and we probably don't stand a chance. If we did make the playoffs, I'd put good odds on getting bounced in the first round, either by Seattle or the Packers. The Packers look to be rounding into form after that beatdown today, and I know better than to bet against Seattle in the playoffs, especially at home.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:03 PM   #22
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Eagles O stinks. No wr's. Rookie QB, beat up O-line. I'll take the win though. We are not in a position to bitch about wins...lol.

Last edited by skinsfan69; 12-12-2016 at 02:54 AM.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:17 PM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Eagles O stinks. No wr's. Rookie QB, beat up O-line. I'll take the win though. We are not in a position be bitch about wins...lol.
no such thing as a bad win, also lets not forget Phi has a damn good d
Old 12-12-2016, 02:51 AM   #24
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Just win baby!
That was ugly today.
Our GM isn't a spender in FA and felt Doc was BPA. He did draft Fuller, Cravens, a d linemen from Temple and the LB from BC. That is probably how he's going to upgrade and approach FA the same as he has. If someone like Norman comes available make a run at him, otherwise sign low bargain players like Hood, Ricky Jean and Foster

Some of these drafted players that are in the system hopefully start to come through for us next year. The two that I mentioned, Spaight and and a few more. We also have extra picks in this upcoming draft class. I like what SM is doing. Remember, the other way ( gasing up Redskins One, winning the off season) DID NOT work. Remember????

One of the reasons we're short on talent is cause of the RG3 trade. By my count that's 4 highly drafted players that are not here. Those guys should be starters for us, or contriburing. You don't swing and miss like that and don't feel it.

So despite all that we are still in the hunt. I'm happy where we're at, even though it's hard watching this defense. Help is on the way and I expect that will be via the draft, and maybe a free agent or two..
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:05 AM   #25
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
One guy that hasn't been mentioned is Arie Kouandjio, I want to see him stay as the starter at LG moving forward.

Breeland had a bad 1st half, but I thought he redeemed himself in the second half with a sack and forced fumble.
Yep, I told weeks ago Lauvao better step his game up if he wants to be sure he keeps his starting job, was laughed upon (still hurts... LOL). I think Lauvao regressed since, and Kouandjio made the most of his playing time.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:16 AM   #26
budw38
Playmaker

We did sweep the dirty birds . As far as Breeland , coming out of HS , he was one of the top Safety prospects , maybe he would be better moving to FS next year ?
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:27 AM   #27
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
How did I forget Baushad Breeland? He still played like ass today, admitted he was better in the second half but not by much. No way I'd rely on him next year. He played like ass for 8 consecutive quarters, there's no way I let him off the hook for the 2nd half. Did anyone notice how Dunbar was getting picked on in the second half too? Good kid but he was getting exposed too. And when he's getting picked on it's easy to forget about Breeland.

Another negative: When your d is so bad the opposing coach doesn't even have to think about going for it on 4th down, he just does. Total lack of respect, and well deserved too. When you have 3rd and 14 and you turn it into a 4th and 1, I mean our d deserves all the scorn they get. You used to love those situations, now I just sit there wondering if the drive is gonna stop before they score or not.

I will give the d some credit, we have our best record at this stage in years and we wouldn't be winning if they were giving up points as much as they give up yards. But the games where they don't get stops turn into easy wins for our opponents, like the Dallas/Cards game.

As for Everett, the rules all state you have to give the PR time to catch the ball. He didn't, at all. If that was Crowder back there we'd be up in arms over it. A good punt defender slows down as he reaches the catch spot, then waits for the guy to catch it before he hopefully lowers the boom using his shoulder. Everett did none of those things, he just went straight for the head. It doesn't matter how short Sproles is, or what angle he took. You have to give him the time and space necessary to make the catch.

I know this is a lot of bitching over a win, but this team has a lot of room for improvement. We could be talking about a loss if the d doesn't get to Wentz on the last play of their drive.

Rocnrik, just because I believe we can make the playoffs doesn't mean I think we will go far, all it takes is a good defense to shut down our offense and we probably don't stand a chance. If we did make the playoffs, I'd put good odds on getting bounced in the first round, either by Seattle or the Packers. The Packers look to be rounding into form after that beatdown today, and I know better than to bet against Seattle in the playoffs, especially at home.
I'm not 100% certain because obviously i'm not out on the field, but the reason why Doug Peterson kept going for it on 4th down was because he had lost John Dorenbos to injury, who was the long snapper, and then Brent Celek, who was the backup long snapper, he got injured too. There was not a third string long snapper and they were literally having tryouts on the sideline, and Zac Ertz ended up "winning" the job. Pederson was going for the short 4th downs because he didn't trust someone to come out there and long snap who had never done it before.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:36 AM   #28
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I'm not 100% certain because obviously i'm not out on the field, but the reason why Doug Peterson kept going for it on 4th down was because he had lost John Dorenbos to injury, who was the long snapper, and then Brent Celek, who was the backup long snapper, he got injured too. There was not a third string long snapper and they were literally having tryouts on the sideline, and Zac Ertz ended up "winning" the job. Pederson was going for the short 4th downs because he didn't trust someone to come out there and long snap who had never done it before.
This.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:38 AM   #29
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I know Reed is playing hurt but our TE's caught only 2 passes today.
It was good to find other ways to win, normally we don't win unless KC lights it up and Reed goes off.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:55 AM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Next week we need TB to lose to Dallas big time. If they keep winning we are screwed. Giants are basically a lock now to get in unless they lose 2 more games (one to us) and we win out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk