The Too Soon 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-13-2021, 11:07 PM   #226
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: The Too Soon 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
All you people that want to take Mac Jones need to wise the eff up. He’s basically a white version of Dwayne Haskins. Fat, lazy, and rides on the coattails of his big time program with elite talent all around him comparable to most opponents. He’s a frat boy that’s going to come in cocky, not hungry, like Haskins did from OSU. I don’t want him and would rather mortgage a bit more to trade up for someone like Wilson or Lance that (I think will be hungrier and have a better work ethic).
Do you personally know him? Whether it is college or the pro’s you surround him with a solid OL and receivers and he can be a solid QB, he proved it in the championship game vs a talented D.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-13-2021, 11:08 PM   #227
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
His story is much different than DH
Please. Tell me more. The last picture I saw of him on social media was with his shirt off rocking a beer gut with a cigar in his hand at what appeared to be a frat keggar. QB’s who take football seriously and put in work don’t have time for that shit. That picture told me all I need to know about that guy. Being a QB for the University of Alabama is a status symbol and priority for him. If putting football first was most important in his life, that picture wouldn’t exist.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:11 PM   #228
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Please. Tell me more. The last picture I saw of him on social media was with his shirt off rocking a beer gut with a cigar in his hand at what appeared to be a frat keggar. QB’s who take football seriously and put in work don’t have time for that shit. That picture told me all I need to know about that guy. Being a QB for the University of Alabama is a status symbol and priority for him. If putting football first was most important in his life, that picture wouldn’t exist.
He worked his way up the ranks at Bama, sat and learned behind Hurts and Tua. Got his opportunity and ran with it.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...llege-football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g9YoZJctRc">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g9YoZJctRc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g9YoZJctRc

Haskins is all about the show and social media BS
Old 01-13-2021, 11:12 PM   #229
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
The guy can't celebrate winning the National Championship?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-13-2021, 11:16 PM   #230
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Do you personally know him? Whether it is college or the pro’s you surround him with a solid OL and receivers and he can be a solid QB, he proved it in the championship game vs a talented D.
No I obviously don’t. But read my post above. Haskins was the exact same way. Came from a big time college program. Thought highly of himself. Took selfies during games, had stripper parties, focused more on his social scene than his football skills. He had an above average o line this year, ranked 6th overall by PFF at the end of the year. Had good skill position players in Gibson, McLaurin and Thomas. But what did he do? Nothing. Terrible decision making, accuracy and ability to read coverage. Because. He. Didn’t. Put. In. The. Work. He expected things to come easy to him like they did at OSU. I see a similar trajectory for Mac Jones with some of the stuff I’ve seen floating around the interwebs about him.

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
Old 01-13-2021, 11:18 PM   #231
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Also Big Ben was not the most cut up guy either and I think that worked out pretty good for Pittsburgh.. I wouldn't stress that much over that stuff. The dude can play
Old 01-13-2021, 11:20 PM   #232
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
No I obviously don’t. But read my post above. Haskins was the exact same way. Came from a big time college program. Thought highly of himself. Took selfies during games, had stripper parties, focused more on his social scene than his football skills. He had an above average o line this year, ranked 6th overall by PFF at the end of the year. Had good skill position players in Gibson, McLaurin and Thomas. But what did he do? Nothing. Terrible decision making, accuracy and ability to read coverage. Because. He. Didn’t. Put. In. The. Work. He expected things to come easy to him like they did at OSU. I see a similar trajectory for Mac Jones with some of the stuff I’ve seen floating around the interwebs about him.
Please share some of that interweb stuff with us.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:40 PM   #233
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Jones is a 4.0 student, currently working on his Master's, Haskins was working on his strippers Phd.

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2021/1/...ophy-mac-jones

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-13-2021, 11:40 PM   #234
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Please share some of that interweb stuff with us.
ESPN article: “ "He's a clown," punctuates Kalif Jackson, who has known Jones since they were 15-year-old rivals in 7-on-7.”

“When asked to self-evaluate, to put himself in context with 2020's other quarterback phenoms -- Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields and Trask -- Jones offers a frank assessment: "Those guys can probably all throw better than me, and some of them can run faster than me. I wouldn't say I have a bunch of physical characteristics that are super impressive."

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
Old 01-13-2021, 11:43 PM   #235
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
ESPN article: “ "He's a clown," punctuates Kalif Jackson, who has known Jones since they were 15-year-old rivals in 7-on-7.”

“When asked to self-evaluate, to put himself in context with 2020's other quarterback phenoms -- Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields and Trask -- Jones offers a frank assessment: "Those guys can probably all throw better than me, and some of them can run faster than me. I wouldn't say I have a bunch of physical characteristics that are super impressive."
That's pretty damning. He likes to have fun, and he's humble. Yep, better pass on him.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:47 PM   #236
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Jones is a 4.0 student, currently working on his Master's, Haskins was working on his strippers Phd.

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2021/1/...ophy-mac-jones
Maybe I’m wrong. I’ve been reading up on him some more and apparently he cataloged all of the Alabama playbooks he ever had last off season, regularly works with his girlfriend to diagram plays at night she calls out to him at the facility and had his high school coach fly in to help him work on developing his deep throws this past off season, which is well documented he did well with this year. I’ll be the first to own up for being too harsh in my surface level assessment of him.

I just can’t get away from feeling like we would be wasting a first round pick on a QB that doesn’t appear to have elite QB traits. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’ve always felt that’s what you should be getting if you are going to invest a 1st round pick on a QB.

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
Old 01-13-2021, 11:55 PM   #237
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Maybe I’m wrong. I’ve been reading up on him some more and apparently he cataloged all of the Alabama playbooks he ever had last off season, regularly works with his girlfriend to diagram plays at night she calls out to him at the facility and had his high school coach fly in to help him work on developing his deep throws this past off season, which is well documented he did well with this year. I’ll be the first to own up for being too harsh in my surface level assessment of him.

I just can’t get away from feeling like we would be wasting a first round pick on a QB that doesn’t appear to have elite QB traits. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’ve always felt that’s what you should be getting if you are going to invest a 1st round pick on a QB.
Who knows maybe he drops to the late 1st round or 2nd. He did look impressive during the championship game, his stats were ridiculous. Let's see if he plays in the Senior Bowl and how he performs.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-14-2021, 10:35 AM   #238
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/1/14/...source=twitter
Old 01-14-2021, 10:41 AM   #239
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl