Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Fantasy Cooley?

Fantasy Football

Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Fantasy Cooley?

Ok...I need some advice...my 2 tight ends are Cooley and Benjamin Watson from the Pats and I can't decide which one to start this weekend. It doesn't help that Watson lit it up for 23 pts last Sunday but I'm biased when it comes to Cooley. You know who he plays and Watson is against Dallas....suggestions???
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Fantasy Cooley?

Cooley has been nice for TDs but not much else.

The Pats receivers are so hit and miss with the way the spread the ball around. Other than Moss nobody else has consistently lit it up.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
WillH
The Starter

I have Ben Watson and Heath Miller on my fantasy team...

Both are putting up top 5-6 numbers for TE's in the league, but I still have been playing Watson every week, he has consistently been putting up good numbers, last week was obviously a fluke at 23, but Id expect him to put up at least 10-15. While Cooley hasn't consistently gotten touches. So I think Watson is the safer pick here.
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #4
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

I'll probably use Watson, cause I know if I do, Cooley will have a blowout game! Which is what I'd prefer over the fantasy points any day!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #5
ingibbswetrust
Camp Scrub

look at what the bears TEs did against the packers last week. start cooley...you know al saunders is chomping at the bit to get cooley more involved up the seam, its just a matter of when he can trust the O line to block for JC and not need Cooley...
ingibbswetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #6
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Ok...I need some advice...my 2 tight ends are Cooley and Benjamin Watson from the Pats and I can't decide which one to start this weekend. It doesn't help that Watson lit it up for 23 pts last Sunday but I'm biased when it comes to Cooley. You know who he plays and Watson is against Dallas....suggestions???
Redskins247, here is my advice, trade one of these stud TEs to get a better player at another position. You basically have a stud TE, no matter which one you start, riding the bench each week. Are you weak at a WR position or at QB?
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

I have Cooley and Heath Miller on one team. I start Cooley every week, Miller is just for the bye I don't care what he does. Let me tell you why.

In 2005 I had Cooley in both leagues I was in and he was my starting TE all year in both. Then I made a trade that involved Jeremy Shockey and Donald Driver (my RBs were Westbrook, Alexander, and LJ in a 12 team league, those were the days, but I digress). Week 15 against Dallas I started Shockey in one league and Cooley in the other. Cooley scores three TDs against Dallas, Shockey sucks. The team that started Cooley won in WK 1 of the playoffs and went on to win the league championship. The other team was bounched from the playoffs in the league where I had Alexander and LJ as a dominant RB duo. No real analysis there as to current matchups, but I always start Cooley and will never bench him again. So my vote is Cooley!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #8
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Redskins247, here is my advice, trade one of these stud TEs to get a better player at another position. You basically have a stud TE, no matter which one you start, riding the bench each week. Are you weak at a WR position or at QB?
I somehow picked up Watson when we had the bye week....I def could use another WR or RB really...maybe I'll see if anyone's interested in a trade.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #9
BrunellMVP?
Impact Rookie

while GB is known for poor TE coverage, watson is the start here...cooley simply hasn't been getting the looks. though, cooley is a much larger part of our O (in theory)...
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
BrunellMVP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
Cowell
Impact Rookie

Start Watson, I think Brady will give him more looks this week.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote